Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5513&start_row=1

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 2/16/2014 5:26:15 AM

I would rather follow the ways of His
Majesty than the foolish ways of Man.

Which ways???Because it seems people really dont know the ways of H.I.M,they are saying foolishness and hide with Selassie I name.
Some one even say eating flesh is Ilaful and say its Selassie I way which I know is foolishness.

So which ways???

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/16/2014 6:43:47 AM

Did you mean to make a new thread out of this?

Anyway the point about HIM eating habits is n interesting one. We have no evidence that he was Ital. yet still Rasta is ital. we don't see haile selassie as God because of his plate, it's a little deeper than that..

By the same logics if a Ras tells you he nah put down the bible Christianity and Jesus because haile selassie dealt with them thing. I wonder if the Ras - by the same logics - doesn't live Ital and doesn't wear dreadlocks because his Majesty didn't deal with them thing either, as a Tewahedo.

A painful analogy I'm sure

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 2/16/2014 1:58:50 PM

When I speak of His ways, I am speaking on how Haile Selassie I is Righteous, Dignified, and show Raspect towards all life.

He would never go about saying to people, "Burn bible, burn jesus." He would not go about saying, "Christian Trinity is homosexual" or any other kinda talk as such.

From His autobiography, film footage, speeches, and the testimony from them that met and spoke with Haile Selassie I; I and I know truly in our hearts, that He would never act in such ways.

He showed raspect for people of many different faiths from all over the world. He studied the histories and religions of the world. He traveled and met these people. He showed them Raspect to the fullest.

RastafarI walks and talks in righteousness and RastafarI knows how to learn, unlearn, and relearn.

More Love and Life,
Iyah Oats

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/16/2014 2:14:52 PM

He also faught against white supremacy

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/16/2014 2:15:47 PM

If I say burn the bible you see this as a disrespect to yourself? Did you write it?

Defending the woman in the sense of the trinity is distepectful? To who? :-/

Fire is in our vocabulary....maybe this word offends?

This is mainly an ideological and philosophical fire. Not an attack on the people who deals with churchianity.

My Christian brother is my brother as my Muslim brother is

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 2/16/2014 3:05:55 PM

Defending the woman in the sense of the trinity is distepectful? To who?

I never said it was. See how you twist and turn words. Who are you fooling? Not I.

You say your Christian brother is your brother, but you show disraspect and great division when you speak about Christianity.

Yes H.I.M. fight against white supremacy and colonization. Look at the way in which he did so. He showed righteousness, dignity, and raspect still.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/16/2014 4:06:46 PM

Because I have very little respect for Christianity. And will defend the precept of the feminine deity to the highest degree.

But if your Christianised, that's not to say I don't have respect for the inidivudual. That's what I was trying to say.

Easy beloved; a just reasoning.

Itinue your works,

you can put forth your argument and come into reasoning without the words of Garveys Africa on your mind. If you want to overstand the mind of this Rastafari who 'walks and talks in righteousness' When I say 'Burn' this is Rasta people way of communicating using broken English and patois on a former slave plantation island to a people historically with little education after years of being banned from reading... . As a part of carribean rasta culture and language we use such phraseologies. And so to connect with my people on our own level I will continue to use such phrases.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/16/2014 4:33:40 PM

We talk with passion. This is nothing to be offended by. As handed down by our forefathers and creators and carriers of this culture we now call Rastafari. The science of adapting your language to suit the context or to suit the target audience. Before you worry about Garveys Africa speech, look to the forefathers who we won't apologise for.

In the words of Peter tosh, the great speech at the one love peace concert regarding Jesus and Christianity from our standpoint in the West:

....."That we long to hear a gun fire, we long to see one die, cos' learn this man, white man teach I and I say;
'I and I ha fe dead go a heaven'
Why? That them can come a Jamaica come take away the whole of the Sun, you no seen? And inherit the bloobath earth. And we gone away, heaven, gone drink milk and honey...cos' we are what? Fool(s)! They tell we say 'cow jump over moon and dish run away with bungo clippin' spoon'...Me a tell you. You a check them thing, eh? That is to mek we gaze up there...Learn this man, ...you say we game this here? Its just some games with Colmbus and Henry Martin and Francis Drake and Bartholemew Dealascassis, who was the first man to come round here with cross round him neck, fe come trick black people and say, 'well bwai right now black people is Israel. If we want to hold them, the only thing we can hold them with is tell them say, "see the cross here, and fe follow Jesus him soon come back" '.....look how bloodbath long them wait upon Jesus, eh? all now 'til bloodbath. All the War in the earth Jesus can't do a thing about it that grass can't, you no seen? And who ha fe go an' do that? It's I and I have to come together with love...seen? Heartical love and respect for each other, you no seen? Because them little fuckers are done with...you no seen? Yes I!!"

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 2/17/2014 4:30:40 AM

The network system was down,I was trying to reply IyahOats but I made a mistake

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 2/17/2014 4:48:51 AM

IyahOats
InI live in harmony with churchians and show no disrespect.
Its jus a reasoning,I thought the purpose of reasoning was to remove ignorance among ourselves and to shapen each other.
The point was HIM was given the title Power of the trinity by Christian priests,but who say its a Christian Trinity?

Christianity didnt start the concept of a Trinity,its from Incient Itiopia.You cant tell I that the Trinity referred to on 2nd November 1930 is that of the Roman greek which have father,son and ghost,fyah for dat one.

Ithiopia is an Incient Kingdom with philosophies of its own origin.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I