Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5513&start_row=11

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 2/17/2014 12:46:09 PM

"The point was HIM was given the title Power of the trinity by Christian priests,but who say its a Christian Trinity?"

What kinda CONfusion is that? Who say it's a Christian Trinity? The Christian priests who gave it to Him and the Christian Haile Selassie who the name was given to.

True, the idea of trinities is ancient. Let I stress the plurality here: trinitieS. There are many.

You say Christianity stole the ancient Kemet Trinity of Father, Mother, Child and turned it into Christian Trinity of Father, Son, Spirit. Was it stolen? Or is it just another kind of trinity? It is Christian Trinity; so yes it is another kind and it is not the ancient Kemet Trinity.

What you are trying to do is no better. You are taking the Christian Trinity and trying to make it something else. Same thing you blame Christians for doing to Kemet Trinity.

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 2/17/2014 2:48:49 PM

The Christian Trinity is a stolen legacy my king IyahOats

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/17/2014 6:02:18 PM

Burn Greek Christianity and Burn Not eating ital. Hail HIM

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 2/19/2014 4:53:30 AM

zion mountain,

The Christian Trinity is no more stolen than any other form of Trinity. Ok... Tell I how Christians stole Trinity? How did they steal the number three?

I say that the trinity of Father, Son, and Spirit is same Trinity as in Haile Selassie's name. And you said not to involve Selassie in a "gay" trinity. The I wasn't meaning happy trinity right? hahaha!

Seriously though, I don't overstand. Do you say the Father, Son, Spirit trinity is gay because it is all male? Or because do you say it is gay because you claim it is Greek?

What about the all male trinity of Selassie I, Immanuel I, Garvey I? No womban in it. Do you go and speak the same fyah and call it gay?

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 2/19/2014 5:00:41 AM

And Garveys Africa, you said, "But the point remains, as Rasta, to deal with an all male divine trinity without any reference to the female as a God is a crime onto your mother"

Do you think Rasta that deal with all male trinity of Selassie I, Immanuel I, Marcus I are making crime against their mothers?

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 2/19/2014 7:49:57 AM

Immanuel Marcus Selassie I Trinity is a of character,i.e Jah the King,the Priest and Prophet.
The trinity of father,son and mother is a life concept which shows the flow of life that is male and female to form a zygote.Now if you have a father,then you mus have a mother.
Christians didnt stole,but the Greeks did and then taught it to innocent Africans.

The Bobo Trinity is ok that way,when we have a king,we must have a priest and prophet.

Father,Son and Ghost was meant to deceive I and I,but Rasta never bow.

By the way IyahOats,what is the purpose of a trinity anyway?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/19/2014 8:44:18 AM

IyahOats..... I would and have put that argument to some Bobo brethren. Yes. Their trinity is based off the Christian trinity. Bobo deal with 'Emmanuel' they have active Christian ideological roots with certain things, that being one of them.

Yes, in order to answer you. This isn't a biased fire.

Haile

Messenger: Iyah Oats Sent: 2/20/2014 1:28:59 PM

I love my Mother too and much love I have for female divinity. But I'm not gunna show my love for them, by disrespecting my Father and male divinity.

The purpose of a Trinity? Depends on the trinity. Trinities are part of the natural order/ design of Life; JAH's design. Three interconnected/ interdependent parts, functioning in unison, to perform whatever works it is designed for.

I see where you two stand. Blessed love still Brethren.
----------------------------------------------------
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass, the world is too full to talk about. Ideas, language, even the phrase ‘each other’ doesn't make any sense.

–Rumi

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/20/2014 2:04:28 PM

A great man once said

I do not speak carelessly or recklessly but with a definite object of helping the people, especially those of my race (African) to know, to understand, and to realize themselves.

In this patriarchal system. To exemplify the female as divine, and as 'godly' as man can never be a bad thing in my consciousness. That's my MO. Not to say man isn't god.

For I rasta,

I haffi Hail Empress and Goddess Menen, and the ancient Matriarchies

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 2/20/2014 2:31:48 PM

The purpose of a Trinity? Depends on
the trinity. Trinities are part of the
natural order/ design of Life; JAH's
design.

So Father,Son and Ghost is dat a natural order?

If you talk of natural order then why replace a wombman with a ghost?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I