Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5172&start_row=11

boboshanti

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/2/2014 5:14:05 AM

boboshanti says NO to reggae and dancehall but why most of bobos listen or attend the dancehall section mean while they know that they should not??

^^That statement is misleading / just untrue

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/2/2014 5:14:05 AM

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 10/2/2014 9:56:13 AM

RasTafarI,

Give thanks and Ises Garvey's Africa for the information about Rasta not being restricted to one single mansion only.

boboshanti says NO to reggae and dancehall but why most of bobos listen or attend the dancehall section mean while they know that they should not??

^^That statement is misleading / just untrue

I can see why the I mentioned this natty ^

What are the I thoughts on this subject Iyah?

Is the I perhaps thinking that many Bobo's are unaware/unconscious about the fact that they should not partake to reggae/dancehall?

BLESSINGS.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/2/2014 10:23:10 AM

No, I think the error come in the statement MOST BOBOS. This is wrong and misleding.

And the assumption that every youth who move round Bobo or has been seen on the hill is a EABIC member with EABIC beliefs only. Like sizzla dem....

Bigup Raza brethren

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 10/2/2014 1:39:46 PM

Seen and Iverstood, Yes man big up Ras GA.

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 10/2/2014 2:20:24 PM

InI can sight 'Bobo' means black and 'Binghi' means warrior so from one say Bobo or Binghi InI must realise that a the whole of InI,ONE RASTA,ONE AIM,ONE DESTINY,UNITY IS STRENGTH.

Iman think Rastas need to overstand that they don't need to be affiliated with particular mansions because InI see that its like ones searching to fit in with a particular religion,hotter fire,Rastafari alone is good enough for I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/2/2014 2:32:31 PM

Who the cap fit make them wear it

But is not Ras Raza I am talking about when I say this....

I find it a problem when I see ones judging the movements of others based off of their assumptions of what they believe in and how they should act. This happens most often within the Entertainment / Music industry. This bobo argument with Sizzla/Capleton (especially dem) has been going on for years.....

The point is a Ras doesn't have to be limited to one set of dogma, one mansion or one order. Some are not a part of any mansion..... and some adhere strictly and diligently to one particular order.

Most of YOU (Idem on this website) are not tied to one Rastafari-house and may very well have a mesh of ideas an beliefs from varying different camps.

The music artist are no different. And they not only represent themselves and their personal beliefs but they represent their team, their family their brethren and sistren and one they have grown with. Maybe even their whole community n environment.

Taking this into account I have no problem with the lyrics of any of the artist mentioned.

THEM ARTIST ARE DOING GOOD WORKS IN THE NAME OF JAH. WE SHOULD SUPPORT THEM NOT TRY AND QUESTION DEH LOYALTY OR BRING DEM DOWN. CAN ANYONE IN HERE SAY DEY HVE DUN MORE FOR RASTAFARI / BLACK PEOPLE DAN ONE SUCH AS KALONJI? ITES DEM UP!!!!!!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/2/2014 2:38:50 PM

For example, If you see I on the hill.... and see I moving with some Bobo brethren. And I tell you YES I Iman agree 100% with the EABIC philosophy on black Ipremacy.

Don't assume I will sit with you and hold a Bobo style Bible-yanting session. I still burn Ible.

And if you see I burning Ible

Don't think I still won't enter into any 12 tribe HQ and parr in Inison with all members inside.

I rasta philosophy is I RASTA philosophy.

And you still may see I in the dancehall after that

Confound Dem

To the one who start this thread - The only one Rasta have to answer to is Jah

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 10/3/2014 8:35:23 AM

Garvey's Africa could the I reason on the I's last last statement

'The only one Rasta have to answer to is Jah'

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 10/10/2014 5:36:52 AM

Yea man,full time mi hear people seh Sizzla dis,Capleton dat,fire pon dat.Those musicians are I and I but Iman sight when people watch dem on TV dem start Idolising the man dem as if dem a superman,FIRE.

We sometimes expect th artist to be more than man,I dont know where all this came from.

Memba seh dem also fighting to put food pon di table just like any other I.

Judge Not di Musikman dem
Man a real Prophets in this ya Iwah

MARCUS GARVEY ITES DAT!!!

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I