Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=5172&start_row=1

boboshanti

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: empress tee Sent: 6/5/2013 3:46:47 PM

boboshanti says NO to reggae and dancehall but why most of bobos listen or attend the dancehall section mean while they know that they should not???

RASTAFARI BLSSD LOVE

Messenger: anonymous Sent: 9/29/2014 2:30:02 PM

Messenger: Bobobinghi Jahcub Sent: 9/29/2014 4:23:35 PM

Not everyone that ties their hair is Bobo,many bobo youths have a past, and a past induldged in reggae music,some choose to transition away some continue,Nyabinghi is purer than reggae all the while, but InI sight that good words and words of right could never be wrong, the music is a distraction and can provoke iniquity.Nyabinghi doesn't promote slackness.Iman listen to Nyabinghi and conscious reggae,reggae is like clean food on a dirty plate, it can make ones sick if you don't have a healthy immune system.still many of InI came to know of Rastafari through reggae so InI shall ever give thanks for the existence of reggae music

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 9/30/2014 4:37:52 AM

Yes. Rastaman original soundman

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 10/1/2014 5:54:38 AM

I asked the same question a couple months ago. I think they know it is not according to Emmanuel's way/order but yet they make reggae and dancehall music because it was their "thing" for a long time before sighting Bobo Ashanti livity. This is just I personal assumption and interpretation.

Here is a small list of well-known reggae and/or dancehall musicians who claim to trod as Bobo Ashanti:

Sizzla, Capleton, Anthony B, Lutan Fyah, Turbulence, Ras Shiloh, Jah Mason, Fidel Nadal, Pressure, Fantan MoJah and plenty more artists.

Salutations of I man!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/1/2014 8:45:04 PM

Stop. You really shouldn't speak for others it can create confusion. Sizzla is a leading Nyaginghi council member. Bigup the rasta youth

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 10/2/2014 3:14:45 AM

What makes the I think I man speak for others?
I only mentioned I own INTERPRETATION and that is that I THINK they know reggae/dancehall is not according to Bobo livity but they still do it because it is their "thing". Though I man now mention that it is a different reason for every artist which is logical. And ofcourse Sizzla and many other Bobo reggae/dancehall deal with Nyabinghi because that IS Emmanuel's order.

Messenger: Ras Raza Sent: 10/2/2014 3:31:47 AM

And I know Sizzla is a Irie Binghi man like many other Bobo's and that is because Nyabinghi chanting IS according to Emmanuel.. Blessed are all Ras TafarI youths, adults and elders. More reasoning fire!

Iyah RASpect

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/2/2014 5:04:56 AM

I'm saying, he doesn't claim EABIC. He claims Ancient Order of Nyahbinghi more dan Bobo which is a separate thing. Don't assume Rasta is so one way. You have EABIC and you have the various other Mansions. My father house has many mansions which InI are FREE to run through, InI not limited to one.

Many youths have a multi factorial influence and upbringing through Rasta. So if you sight Sizzla and dem a move with certain Bobo and yant Bobo lyrics, is not to say them don't have a similar appreciation for the 12 tribe House for example or any of the others. And their personal interpretations and beliefs and fe dem personal thing.

It's not so black and white.

Yet people pass Judgement on the artist who doing good works

Ras Raza, you clearly stated it was your assumption and interpretation. You not so much on the passing of judgement as others have been which is good. But should ones really be watching whether them are real / authentic to a particular house?? Why make dem kind of assumptions? Them pledge their allegiance solely to the man on the Hilll is that people expect?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/2/2014 5:11:29 AM

Is like if I go to Jamaica and spend some time with brethren and sistren on the hill. And little more you see I in a dancehall or something like that. I don't expect MAN to come question I and make assumption about why I was seen with the Bobo dem and then seen with some next people one minute. I don't know if you can overs what Im trying to say here...

Bigup All Rasta camp.

"My name is Miguel Orlando Collins and I'm from the Community of August Town, I've been a member of the Nyahbinghi Order Theocracy Reign, the Bobo Shanty E.A.B.I.C., and the Haile Sellassie I Jah Ras Tafari Royal Ethiopian Judah Coptic Church, for more than a decade now. Based on the concerted effort and tireless years of hard work by my Ancestors and Elders, was what really inspired me to be the person I am today, and the true-cause of our liberal struggle that has motivated me in the sense to be the voice of the Ras Tafari Nation. I am a Graduate of the Dunoon Park Technical High School, I've studied math, English, Architect, Mechanical Engineering, and all the other Science subjects, and in addition to that I've studied four of our ancient languages, Hebrew, Amharic, Geez, and Twi. I am also an experience recording Artist known as Sizzla Kalonji, the musical Ambassador for the Community of August Town, and the First Royal Crown Prince of the Royal Chirano Throne in Ghana and pioneer for the Repatriation move back to Africa. I have long lived and practiced the Ras Tafari Melchezideck Nyahbinghi Order for the spiritual authority and administration of the Throne of our Emperor H.I.M.

This year is certainly a turning point in my life because I represent you, all known and unknown, you are the source of my strength the reservoir to my knowledge of being, the Theocratic President of your beautiful Black Nation, and seeing you all being seated here in such Glory entices me to do more, as your smiles and eyes are as bright as the stars of Africa. Please allow me to thank you for being here for such cause, and again I thank you for your patience listening and rap attention. With the powers and Authorities vested in me, may I now acknowledge and Introduce to you our Royal family amidst us for the records: The Theocracy Reign Order of the Nyahbinghi ,The Ethiopian Tewadeda Orthodox Church, The Ethiopian African Black International Congress, the Haile Sellassie I Jah Ras Tafari Royal Ethiopian Judah Coptic Church, The Haile Sellassie I School of Vision, The Imperial Ethiopian World Federation, The Coptic Rite Church and Company LTD., The Ethiopian World Federation, The Twelve Tribe of Israel, The Alexander Bedward Church , The UNIA, The Maroon Secretariat, The Kumina Community, and all their respectful guests once more a warm welcome"

-Sizzla.

So if a Rasta declares demself a Member of two different Rasta Mansion which have different or opposing teachings on a particular subject then it up to de individual. The Boboshante on the Hillside don't part take in the dancehall and late night scene. But Sizzla doesn't declare his scope of philosophy as solely that of the Bobo.

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I