Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=503&start_row=1

Christafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RasEli Sent: 11/22/2004 11:43:08 AM

Do you agree with I?

DUBROOM.COM Board

Ras ElI

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/22/2004 1:35:20 PM

Yes my lord I do agree with you. I have a very hard time with the Christafari because they are squares trying to fit into circles. If a man says "I'm a vegetarian, but I eat chicken." Guess what? Thats not a vegetarian thats a person who eats lots of veges with chicken. Its the same with these people. If I call my self Rastafari that means i sight His Imperial MAjesty as the Fullness. Some say its Christ's character in HIM. Its either Christ or not. Chirst giving someone His character is completely unbiblical. I wonder what point it is that they are trying to make. Why assoiciate yourself with something that your not even a part of and then change it to fit your needs?

Ras Zion I

Messenger: OneLuv7 Sent: 11/22/2004 3:26:17 PM

I dont think religion should be about "having to go to church" or "having to pray", you should be able to choose weather you want to pray or not, and where you want to do it. i dont think that there is some sacred place you should have to go to, to comunicate with spirits. i think spirits are all around everyone, its like an energy that never dies. and thats what God should be to everyone, whatever God you believe in, he is and will be with you, no matter where you are, or where your going.

much love
Kamila

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/22/2004 9:35:20 PM

Prayer is a natural thing. A baby just born is praying, probably even in the womb. I see all life, consciousness, as prayer. It is a meditation involving the I and the I. If ones want to go into a certain building to have a ceremony and special prayer time that is great, but to say that it is necessary for everyone is just nonsense.

But about Christafari, you should be careful about denouncing people's beliefs. They are just trying to work things out. Maybe when they say something you don't really understand fully what they are getting at. Words take time, so don't denounce them just because of the words they use.

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 11/22/2004 10:00:30 PM

No my brother I, you dont overstand I, I dont like how they create something to fit in with other people,and some dont hold Jah close to their soul.

And Gideon where did you get your name from I have a clue but am not sure.

Thank you to everyone else for your support in this matter.

Ras ElI

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/22/2004 11:34:59 PM

You don't like how they create something to fit in with other people but some don't hold Jah in their heart. I see what you're saying.
You know, I have a tradition where I replay the facts and put them in a positive order. I overstand what the I find troubling about what is going on, but hear the positive slant of it:
These people who you are talking about, they do not know rastafari tradition originally in the sense that they do not follow those teachings. But they see a lot about rastafari that they like, so they try to fit everything together in a way. So they are like a tree that you put indoors next to a window, and the tree will grow and start leaning towards the window. They are seeking the light because it is their nature, but they don't realize that outside is the place to be.
But trust me, people with love in their heart will always reach out to Jah and Jah will take them in. Maybe they do not see the original tradition in its fullness but at least they are reaching out in love and taking what they can from the teachings.
And now the Christ part, it is not something false. So that mean it is actually rastafari, just not using that name. If they make some mistakes along the way in seeking the full tradition of teaching, what is that? That is no big deal. The main thing is that they are guided by love and seeking groundation in truth. And that is what life is all about no matter what you call it.

My basic thing in life is that everybody is guided by love. If they cannot see what you see then that doesn't make them bad or evil. They are just limited. And it is nothing shameful to be limited, because limitation is one of the aspects of creation.

About the name: Gideon signifies the final trumpet sound that sends the enemy into chaos and confusion. All false teachings are destroyed and only the truth can stand when the trumpet sounds.
The message I have is that what is is, what is not, is not, and only what is is, and what is is only what it is and what is is not what it is not. All true teachings can abide by that rule, and all false teachings crumble by the same rule. Seen? it is the basis of the true church - word, sound and power. Power is truth and wordsound is a representation of the truth. So true words obey the rule. False words cannot abide the rule.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/23/2004 9:38:34 AM

InI can't even put dat word 2gether! I complete in oneness, InI need not come with lame creashun such as christifari! when der in true oneness in the I, it is overstood who I is and what I is and no need to blend with babylon!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/23/2004 11:21:08 PM

The people that call theirself Christafari don't Iverstand the words of Christ. If they Iverstood the words of Christ, then they would know that Selassie I is One with Jah, Selassie I is Jah. Just as Christ is One with Jah, Christ is Jah.

One of the major messages Christ showed the people was to be One with Jah, as He is One, I in Jah, and Jah in I.

They are fooled by the same church made doctrines as the others that call themselves Christians. They imagine Christ on a pedestal, when Christ would much prefer that they walk as One with Him, rather than just look up at Him.

Selassie has overcome and prevailed, and sits as One in the throne with Christ, with Jah. One Jah, One King, One Lord. Jah RasTafarI.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/24/2004 5:39:28 PM

If they don't talk the fullness is that reason to say that they are false? I think that what they say must be a true expression of their souls. It is the nature of the soul to express itself, even if the mind is not aware of the fullness of the soul's nature.
Teachings are expressions of the soul, but communicated from mind to mind. That cannot be false. I will say incomplete or limited, or even I will say that the truths they teach are superficial. But not wrong.
The part that is wrong is that some say that what they teach is the fullness when it is only part, and not even a significant part. But the teachings themselves are not false.
I say this, because if you say that the teachings are false just because they are not complete it might cause ones to have an idea that everything they say is false. That is divisive.
It is better for unity and growth if we focus on the truth that they have and not the false assumptions that they mix in with the truth.
See?

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 11/24/2004 7:50:55 PM

I totally agree with the I Gideon. It is the ligth starting to sine within InI that brins out the truth. InI dont just get the full truth revealved to us. It comes in stronger and stronger. Maybe I can only speak for myself but I am coming more and more into the light. Still having "false beliefs: and bad habits from Babylon but I more and more recognize them all and will deal with them one by one. Burn dem out a my mind piece by piece.
The I beliefs that InI must seek the small flame we started and grow big within ourselves and guide and help people to see the flame as well. When accepting JAH teachings and JAH word even piece by piece it will most liekly keep growing and true teachings will take over false teachings.

Seen?

"JAH LIVE CHILDREN"
Blessings

Bergy

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I