Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=503&start_row=11

Christafari

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/25/2004 9:37:50 AM

Well said. That's why I never say that any man is bad or worthless, or any teaching. A man or a teaching couldn't exist if it didn't have some truth or part of the truth in it.

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 11/25/2004 10:29:33 AM

I must compliment Ark I on his reasoning. Gideon if they dont not overstand I and still live in a babylon society?, Christifari includes Catholics they do not overstand. I kno of two races righteous & wickedness.

Ras ElI

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/26/2004 1:07:13 AM

It is not about a person being worthless or having no good in them if they deal with the teachings of Christafari.

It is about them not Iverstanding the fullness of RasTafarI, and that they shouldn't change RasTafarI name or ways. RasTafarI is RasTafarI and will always be RasTafarI.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/26/2004 1:22:07 AM

Remember Lot and Sodom? In the end God agreed that even one righteous person was reason enough to spare the city. In the same way, even if 99.9 percent of the teachings of a group is false, that o.o1 percent that is true means to me that the group is part of the true church, which we call rastafari.
In response to Ark, who says that the name should not be tampered with: A rose by any other name is just as sweet. It is true that Selassie claimed that name to be called by at some time, but that doesn't give the name itself any great significance in my view. As far as I know it is the truth that the name represents that is important.
So to summarize, if ones change the name and form a new name called Christifari it is no problem for me. And if they have many false teachings it is not a problem for me. All I see is that they have a group with part of the truth of rastafari, and a name that is similar to rastafari name that we use. I see it as a good thing that they use a similar name because it shows that they honour certain things they have heard about rastafari. The name they choose shows that they have some respect for rastafari teachings, and this fact tells me that they are likely to learn more and more about rastafari. I also appreciate the use of the word Christ in the name for similar reasons. The teachings of christ and the way of christ are what rastafari is all about, so that similarity in name reflects their appreciation for christ's teachings and their willingness to learn more about christ.

Messenger: JahWarrior Sent: 11/26/2004 4:28:07 AM

Greetings to all!

May I suggest to read Messian Dread's book about Christafari

http://crc.dubroom.org/

and maybe all the (deleted) discussions about this ebook from the LOZ.

It has to be mentioned, that Christafari uses the ''rasta style'' to be accepted by RasTas so that they can start to win them over...to baptize...to save souls as say call it...it's their ministry...they say...

But in his book, Messian Dread points out, that it seems to be only a business thing...the creation of their own culture by mixing up rasta style and christian talk to ''plug the gap'' in christian music...industry....

Jah Love + Itection!

JW

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 11/27/2004 8:14:22 AM

Greetings Iyah

Iman read a statement of this Mark Mohr guy saying, that he only grows Locks to follow Paul's "for the romans I am a roman, for the heathen I am a heathen... just to convert as many as possible". So he says it himself... he is a wolve in sheepclothing. Burn that!
Them try to convert I n I? They do not know what they are dealing with. They cannot deal the fyah, so they shouldn't play with it, as I n I would say.

Selah

Messenger: gideon Sent: 11/27/2004 4:45:15 PM

What is this word convert? Something cannot change from what it is, that is impossible. Maybe they are bringing an explanation of things that you never heard before, so let us examine the explanation and judge it by its own merit. It is not useful to assign labels to teachings and call it conversion, because if you call it conversion then you are claiming that what they teach is contrary to the truth. As I have said all teachings are true, so it is not possible for their teachings to be contrary to the truth.

Don't get it twisted, there is no false teaching. What I mean by that is this: Consider when ones say that there is no God. That is not a teaching they are teaching, but it is really a question they are asking. Suss it out. There is no way for one to experience that something does not exist, so there is no way that they could be teaching such a thing. They are simply stating that from what they can see and what they know, there is no God. And they make that statement as a way of asking ones to show them what they see about God, so that they can know what others are talking about when they talk about God.
So if you see false teachings, just turn it around and see that it is really people asking questions and seeking guidance. Any teachings can only come from experience, and experience is reality therefore it is not false. No teachings are false.
So don't fight against the people because they are asking questions. Just explain the answers to them so that they can gain something.
Ones say that rastafari is not God, or Selassie is not Jesus returned. That statement they make is not a teaching, it is a question they are asking. They are asking for teachings about what you know about Selassie so that they can hear the teachings and learn something. Am I making sense to you?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/29/2004 12:30:39 AM

Usually people don't say those things to ask a question. Most times they are saying it because they want I and I to accept that what they say is true, so they are not interested in learning the truth about it, but their only intention is to convince us to change our views.

If you are saying that they subconsciously are asking a question even though their intention is not that, then I would say that that might be true for some people, but probably not all.

If you are saying that you prefer to look at it as if they are asking a question, rather than sighting something different. That might be a good approach when you are reasoning with certain people, but some have no intention to listen to a word that you would say. For some people, you could reason the most logical and obvious reasoning, but they will not process that information, but will block it out so that they will retain the belief that they want to keep.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 11/29/2004 5:53:29 AM

I no read Gideon, I overstand his reasoning but my thought views this subject different from he. For you are Ither the righteous Rasta or thee children of Cain. Christifari, is a convert religion, not one was born as a Christifari, and I dont beleive any real true hearted RastafarI would convert to it Ither.

Ras ElI

Messenger: JahWarrior Sent: 11/29/2004 6:13:39 AM

Greetings!

Have you read the ebook of Messian Dread?

Uhhm, Christafari is not asking questions. And the suspicion is that they only use christian talk/ language and red-gold-green and dreads to build an own culture...to fill the gap in christian music industry. If this is really their true intention, they are betraying christians and RasTas likewise!

Quote:"not one was born as a Christifari, "

True words!!!

One Love!
JW

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I