Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=501&start_row=21

Rastafari/Hindu?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: the rock Sent: 12/2/2004 10:25:40 AM

Prophesy is spoken from begining to end so if an angel (my opinion, Gods children) said not a razor shall touch his head then the prophesy thats spoke in the begining, must of known what would of happened in the end. In all through-out the bible there are prophesy's I would not make light of any one of them. They for told of things to come and in this case we're talking about Samsum, after his hair was cut, in my opininon, because of how people thought in that day. His emotional state had to of changed into a state of depression. Once this depression was defeated being his last strength, last wish, which was to destroy his enemies. It said he pulled down the pillars killing more than when he had hair. I hope you hear that.

I think if you want to grow dreads you should. If your growing dreads because you believe that they will make you strong, that is no offense. Weather it be physically or mentaly in my opinion its more than the hair. A strong man takes care of his body a holy man takes care of the spirit A man in a quest to be one with himself (Trinity, Mind Body and Soul) Will take care of all.

One Love

Messenger: GreenEye Sent: 12/5/2004 5:58:18 AM

Greetings I,
" so if an angel (my opinion, Gods children) said not a razor shall touch his head"
It is one thing not to cut his hairs. It is another thing to grow dreads.

"I think if you want to grow dreads you should."
Absolutely! But if an I do nuh want to, he should not!

selah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 12/5/2004 10:37:35 AM

true

Messenger: RasEli Sent: 12/5/2004 5:41:16 PM

The words from Judges was one of the original findings by the elders in the early movement in Jamaica, that tis why it is looked highly apon, this along with other findings that show darker skined people in the Bible, appose to the 'all' white look that most Christians give it.

Ras ElI

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 12/13/2004 10:00:37 AM

Ok. Iyah have been looking and Dreadlocks were not grown throughout most of the Rastafari population till the 2nd phase of the "Pinnacle". After the 1941 raid of the Pinnacle. In the 2nd phase is when the Pinnacle guards began to go locks(locksmen). This is when "Gong" was first used in Jamaica(for any particular Rastafari reason), the Gong that signaled that someone was present at the gate and needed to be let in. I do not know yet what was a "popular" Rasta hairstyle back then, I assume a small afro may be it. Because pictures were sold of Haile Selassie I breifly before the Pinnacle's creation(to help fund the creation). So I think a small afro and/or bald was the look. But I also doubt this because the leaders used Holy Bible text to ground and build a structure for the religon, and in one of those biblical text that help build on the RastafarI doctrine was Judges 13:

4 Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing:

5 For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and no razor shall come on his head: for the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb: and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: the rock Sent: 12/13/2004 11:25:31 PM

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/14/2005 3:32:32 PM

Yes, that comparison is ignorant.. I and I find it almost offensive. Hinduism?????????????? Come on. We praise JAh, the Father of Creation. They praise a statue of something with an elephant's head, and six arms...... We work for a clean livity, so much that we don't eat things that are unclean.. I'm told they wash in cow urine for luck. I don't see any similarities, personally.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 2/14/2005 4:38:48 PM

Some Rasta's live in total captivity up in the hills and in huts. His Emperial Majesty lived in a palace. Most Rasta's are not EOC, His emperial majesty was EOC. Just because one Rasta does one thing doesnt mean that all Rasta's do the samething

Hindu Walk
A diverse body of religion, philosophy, and cultural practice native to and predominant in India, characterized by a belief in reincarnation and a supreme being of many forms and natures, by the view that opposing theories are aspects of one eternal truth, and by a desire for liberation from earthly evils. Sounds like a Rasta walk.

In Africa some people mutulate themselves, put dirt, mud and some animal fecies to decorate themselves. In the first testement people sacrafice goats to God spilling blood around thier house to ward off evil beings. Point being, if you dont want to put urine on yourself.. dont. There is similarities in all spritual walk becuase there is only one plane.

Anything that is used as an idol is detrimental to anyone, but whatever your creative side shows you is Jah, hold on to it. Because truth is even being that Jah is the Tao, Jah has many forms yet is formless and in the beging there was one. Japhet, Shem and Ham all had the same God. The fact that they were all sent to different parts of earth was Gods work to populate the earth. The fact that selfish men have divided each other by rituals should mean nothing... key word, should but it does and that is a problem with the unity of the people today. If anything the Ras should do, the Ras should keep themselves focused on a well layed outline from His emperial majesty on how to bring the children together.

One Love

Messenger: def Sent: 2/14/2005 4:48:21 PM

BLESSED LOVE

GIVE THANKS
GIVE THANKS
GIVE THANKS

Truth found.

"Prophets of all lands and ages have succeeded in their GOD-quest."

"Entering a state of true illumination, nirbikalpa samadhi, these saints have realized the Supreme Reality behind all names and forms."

At the request of Babaji, Swami Sri Yukteswar wrote the following book entitiled The Holy Science. Which was to show the unity of Hinduism and Christianity. This is demonstrated "by explanation of parallel passages from both the Hindu, and Christian scriptures." Revealing "the essential unity of the great religious teachings of east and west."

Go seek 1 right.

GIVE THANKS
GIVE THANKS
GIVE THANKS

BLESSED LOVE

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/14/2005 4:57:08 PM

I can see the I's point.

Still, some things I and I see as dirty... Nothing I have seen in Rasta livity is, in my opinion, dirty. I nah praise a cross, or star, or elephant with six arms.. I nah wash in something else's excrement. I only beleive in life.. not life, after life, after life, after life... I don't see myself as having had hundreds of past lives, only my life, given as a gift, by Jah. I think death is death, and life is life. After death, how can there be life again, except with Jah... How can one die, then be born?

-----It could be just I-man, no offense intended... But Hinduism and Buddhism (which I am much more familiar with) may have the best intentions, but... I guess I'm Ras for a reason --I think it's the way to go, seen? Not that Ras is the only way, but as I and I see it, it's the way Jah chose for I. Bun a pegan!

Respect, Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 33

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I