Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=427&start_row=11

participate in their system

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 10/1/2004 6:27:14 PM

Vote, Rastafari Haile Selassie I For God and King. Both of these men are going to lead this country astray. I do not vote. What devil will I pick? This country was prophised to tumble and crumble. I would say that over voting, prayer is the most needed thing from us. Our God is the Lord of hosts, so INI will always come through in vitory. Fire for Bush and his white supremacy.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 10/1/2004 7:22:20 PM

man why you have to be like that.

A belief held often without positive knowledge or proof is a opinion.

to put forth reasons for or against something is to argue.

but just do you.

one love

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 10/2/2004 3:45:03 AM

Yes I... voting for the less of the two evils will get InI nowhere but where America is already headed. Every empire falls, history repeats itself. The media is very good at using psychology... beware.

So I and I must stay with Sellassie I and keep working toward the upliftment and manifesting His Majesty's words.

Blessed Love
More guidance and itinual encouragement!

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/2/2004 3:58:05 PM

Clearly Kerry and Bush are both wicked. And the same goes for every other person running for office in any part of the system anywhere in America or in any other so-called country.
So I would not suggest voting right now, because as Sis Menen says it is choosing between to evils, which is not a good choice no matter which one you choose.
And what Dreadnut says is true also, that we should only support Haile Selassie. Also we should support those who act in his name and do right things.
Understand that USA is a group of people who get together and decide to take a certain line of action. They decide to co-operate together and choose leaders to fill certain positions. So far nothing is wrong with that. It is good to co-operate. The problem comes when they start passing wicked laws and policies, which is the result of supporting imposters like Bush and Kerry and all the others that are in power right now.
If this group of people called USA are making mistakes and following downpressors then it is not reasonable to say that USA is evil. It is just like a person who makes a mistake and does something wrong. They are not evil just because of a mistake. We should try to show them how to correct their mistakes.
People in USA want justice but they are being deceived by misleaders, so to correct them we should provide alternatives so that they are able to support justice. To destroy the social advances they have made by establishing a system of co-operation would be a step in the wrong direction.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 10/2/2004 4:27:29 PM

ONE love in the name of jah.

The U.S.A. did not come to power by honesty,the U.S.A came into to power by frist makeing colonies for the the British.They came and told people (native of the land) that they were frends.Then gave them so small amount of money(thing of value),and took the land.Every thing that is based on a lie,is still a lie.So how is it is that one can make a lie the truth.True it is not the car that cause the accident,it the driver.But to this BABYLON and to those that follow BABYLON it is your own life do what you want .But i would still hould hope that people see the way that things are,and that JAH is the only way that man can find himself back on the the way to helping man.What ever govermnent that you hold as yours, i pray that JAH is the conscience that it is ran by.

onelove

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/5/2004 11:27:43 PM

From what I see what Gideon is speaking about, he is not saying that I and I should be part of their system as they are a part, but for I and I to use the system they established to move it in a righteous direction. To give people an alternative to wickedness.

Babylon will not let this happen, they have been given their season and they will continue to do what they do until their season is finished. Many groups of people have shown a positive direction for people to go, but they don't listen but still continue to vote for Babylon. Whether it is human rights issues or evironmental protection, the filthy remain filthy still. One small example of this is now that the recycling fad is over, they are stuffing their garbage with swiffers, and the many other disposable waste that babylon is making.

The people are blinded, and so it must be for a time, I see getting into politics as wasted days for I, I have been called for something different. Too few will see the truth through a political avenue because the news doesn't give time to the people that deal with truth, they spend their time showcasing the few choices between the parties of Babylon. And it takes so much time to deal with politics, from campaigning to speaking with people who can't hear, casting pearls to swine. I and I could be spending that time teaching the ones that are chosen by Jah, who can hear the truth. The time will come when the people will accept a righteous government, but that time is not now. Psalm 92:7 When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever. We are heading toward that time but it is not yet accomplished, it must run its course.

For the people that have the vibe to go into politics in a righteous way, then they should do what they are called to do. Just because the people aren't ready for it doesn't mean that it should not be there. Jah calls different people to do many different things. But all RasTafarI people, whether in politics or not, should do their best to show others the righteousness of Jah. Because the more people learn about the righteousness of Jah, the farther they will separate from Babylon, and the closer they will come to the time when they will accept a righteous government.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/6/2004 11:50:10 AM

From what I see what Gideon is speaking about, he is not saying that I and I should be part of their system as they are a part, but for I and I to use the system they established to move it in a righteous direction. To give people an alternative to wickedness.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Thank you for explaining it in a better way.... I think more people will see what I'm getting at now.

I am not saying that we can make a change overnight. But I know that we can make positive changes in the world by using their system against them. We have to remember that it boils down to people, and we have to power to convince people to follow what we say, but we have to use that power.
I think that you are looking too negatively at the system. Note that there are laws in place today about recycling. And this is a good thing no matter how you look at it. There is also a campaign to spread awareness about the environment etc. There are many good things that the Babylon Govt. has been forced to put in place because of actions by good people. And every good change that they put in place is good, no matter how you look at it. I know that in the end they still follow their money and greed, but at least now they are teaching the people about the environment, and that is a good thing.
This is just an example. If those of us on this site can agree to a single idea then let us test it:
I know that the Babylon leaders follow votes. And we have the power to get tens or hundreds of thousands or millions of people to sign petitions in support of certain things. That's how their system works. You get petitions started and see how much support you can get. Believe me, those misleaders will obey the petitions once it is feasible for them to do so in their own interests, meaning votes.
Definitely there are certain things that are not possible by this means, but there are things that ARE possible. So we should use this technique because we can do good with it.
I believe that the world is in the shape it is in because of two forces, good and evil. And there is much good we can do by using the system....... it's that simple.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 10/6/2004 5:39:42 PM

What ever system you use, whatever government that you choose, I pray that Jah be the conscience there of. Thier system is a bunch of ideas not just to be coined, knowledge of the west but to be known as knowledge of the world. I dont want to distroy the system, I just want to do my part in shedding light there on. For every negative law they made possible now they have a positive law that is supposed to counter act the ill effects that thier controlled hands have manipulated. So, if the enviroment, if schools, if poverty, be on one side of the coin,(its thier coin so no matter which way you flip it they win) then the rich, the educated, and the global industrial businesses are on the other side. I will give Cesar his due
and Ill let you do you!

One love

Messenger: gideon Sent: 10/7/2004 4:45:20 PM

That's exactly what I am saying. We all have to give Caser his due. So we have the duty and responsiblity to do this in a manner that is fitting in God's service.
The thing I am saying is that I believe the best thing to do, since we have to accept the system, is try to counteract the negative with positive. And one way to do this is from within the system itslef.
Note that in the past many good laws and acts have been put in place using the system and this has been done by good people.
You and me should do the same, and encourage others to do so. It does not mean that we agree with the whole system just because we are taking part in a limited way. It is wise for us to do so for the sake of justice and doing good.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 10/7/2004 6:50:32 PM

I give thanks for the continued reasoning.

I use to tell people that same thing until,I thought about what i was saying.To give the system money is part of their law.You have to pay taxs or you go to JAIL or get all your things taken or both.I do give thanks for those people that DIEd and slaved for the country.I just don't see how i can work with people that i know are lying to me.I wonder(and i no that hine-sight is 20-20)if the people would have fought for reperation like the Indians,or the Spaniard did,would we be in a better place.But we are here and for me in this time i see that (and this is just my opinion)all the people start out with voteing,then it goes on to other things,like going to the club on Saturday and sleeping off your hangover on Sunday or just plain lack of respect that people give people as time goes on with them in the system.If i was to take any one thing in its purest form and put it in the system it would get watered down to the piont that its is of no use.For example rasta in the moives,i was watching this movie with Will Smith(bad boys)and the rasta was Jacker(robbers).And when they go to the rasta house it look like a crack house.And i know that its just entertainment,but for who. I know that voteing and politics is not the same thing as acting (maybe a little) in a movie, but it is the same watering down techniuqe. I don't know everything and maybe JAH will show me something new.

One Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 29

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I