Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=389&start_row=1

Intelligent Children

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/15/2004 11:23:58 PM

Many people don't Iverstand how intelligent small children are. So they raise them at a lower standard than the children are capable of. This slows the development of children because they are not challenged enough to rise up quicker.

Some parents allow their children to deal with a lot of foolishness when they are young, and when they become a little older, they suddenly impose so many restrictions on them. So when these children are faced with all these restrictions, they rebel, because they are used to getting away with so much.

From a very young age, children can Iverstand a lot of what they are told. People just need to learn to explain things in words the child Iverstands. Just telling a child NO, is not good enough, their intelligence won't allow for that. Imagine if someone came up to you and told you don't do that, or don't do this. You would tell them to go away and stop bothering you. But if they explained to you the reason why, you are more likely to heed. So in the same way, children don't respond very well to orders, because they have a mind to think, and if they don't see why what they are doing is wrong, then they will desire to continue doing it.

When the reason is explained to children, then the children gain by Iverstanding why they should or shouldn't do something, and they gain by learning something more than what they knew before. Also, they are more likely to listen to their parents in emergency situations, where their is no time for explanations, because they will know that their parents advice is good, and should be followed.

What often happens when people just order around and yell at the child, is that they learn to shut their ears from their mind. It is a natural defence mechanism that prevents too much strife from entering the child's mind. This then leads to more yelling, and more shutting of ears.

People just need to try to explain, and if the words they use don't work, then they can explain in another way. When the child learns from explanation and reason, they also build up their minds to gain greater Iverstanding. So they will be better at making the right decisions themself, and it will be easier for them to Iverstand future explanations.

When I was a teenager, I would sometimes babysit the children of a friend of my family. When either of the children did something wrong, I would explain to them the situation, and I could tell that they could Iverstand when I was speaking, and their future actions proved that they Iverstood. This doesn't mean that they always listened, but they usually did.

Their mother would always yell at them when they did wrong. And one day when the mother was yelling, their daughter, who must have been between 4 and 6 at the time, yelled back at her mother and asked her why she doesn't deal with her like I do. She told her mother that I explain to her what is wrong, and so she listens to I.

People need to stop seeing limits in their children's mind, and realize how smart they are. The child will be blessed with greater guidance, and the parents will be blessed with a child of greater Iverstanding, as taught to them by their parents.

Jah Blessings and Strength,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 7/16/2004 5:00:45 AM

true that. everything. I made an experience like this one, too. it was a bit different, but I think it showes the same.

the much earlier you confront children with using their brain the much more their intelligence develops and later they know how to do things and how to use their brain so it leads to the best result.

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 7/16/2004 5:04:30 AM

knowledge leads to Iverstanding, Iverstanding leads to conviction, and conviction leads to righteousness.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 7/16/2004 12:01:45 PM

very much true. Also it is important to engage them in using their imagination, but it's important that they know the diffrence between true and real and make believe stories. Daydreaming and such is one of the best mind excersises available to children. We must always remember that it is just as important to excersise the mind as it is to excersise the body. If children are taught to do both they can grow up with a powerful weapon against Babylon foolishnes.
Love Peace and FREEDOM

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 7/17/2004 6:36:21 AM

true. I and I must life in a ONE harmony between big-I and little-I

having a healthy good-working brain may be more important than having a healthy body. because one can use his brain to see clearly what happens to his body...for example... or see what happens in the world, etc...

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 7/18/2004 12:54:48 PM

I and I children are the future. I and I need to build up their foundation with the knowledge and wisdom I and I have gained, so that they can build on top of it. Every generation shouldn't have to go through the same foolishness like we have in the past. Each new generation should build upon the one before.

It seems that people put so much effort into building up technology from generation to generation, but not our minds. I and I need to put more effort in building the things inside, because if I and I build up the inside, what comes outside will be better.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/1/2009 11:08:49 PM

I wanted to forward this reasoning again, to remind people about I and I children, because they are our Future and they are our Life.

Messenger: Sheba.. Sent: 6/3/2009 2:36:37 PM

blessed idrens..

greetings Ark I,I thank I for dis reasoning here..

All I dawtas are forward,but I'll talk bout that in a minuite....

did any I's see that documentary the other day on the difference of development in black and white babies.....well for instance a white baby see's blurred for 2 weeks where as a black child is 48 hours....I can go on but won't,but it just shows the strength of the superior gene....

back to InI intelligent children,I baby dawta is 6 mths and she has been feeding herself wid bottle for a month,she speaks two words,she dances any time music is on and i could go on,but she is 6 mths,when i tell anyone they cannot believe their ears,i teach i children according to their capability to overstanding and i deffinately overs what the I is saying Ark I with people not knowing their childs capability.....

bless

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 12/14/2009 3:11:44 PM

Blessed love brothers and sisters

I feel this is a very important reasoning. A few days ago I reasoned about something simillar with someone and she told me that children see things and words in pictures. That makes it impossible for them to understand the word "not". For example, if someone says to child "not to cross the street" the child can only picture the words cross and street and most of the time they then cross the street and the parent is left standing without knowing what they said that made the child do the opposite to what the parent were trying to make them do. Many times it ends up in the parent yelling and screaming and instead of the children gaining trust, just like Ark I reasoned in an earlier post. An alternate way of telling the child would be "focus on walking on this side of the street", for example.

I can see when I'm working on correcting myself that my children respond very well to this. On the same time I see the word not is very deep rooted and of course missused by many, including myself. I wonder why its not common knowlege in the same sense that everybody knows that a child has to be fed, dry and get much sleep to develop and grow.

Many people live very very far from how we are supposed to. Wrongs have been made through generations and are know established as facts or cultures or anti-cultures if you like. Some people even seem to refuse to learn even if pictures like this is drawn up in front of their eyes. What's your input on this? Are there other words that the I's don't use when speaking to children for any reasons.

All one and one love

Messenger: bredren aaron Sent: 12/15/2009 12:27:11 PM

Greetings bredrens&sistrens. The I think that some don't learn so they don't think they have to assume responsibility. Children are courious and also learn through example.The children are our future so the I must teach them through guidence and learnings from what we have been through and show them the way of JAH with peace and love. JAH BLESS!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I