Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=368&start_row=11

the white man

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/18/2004 8:59:05 AM

Bredda Alex, the best way to express it is to speak against the wickedness that wicked people do. And speak of situations where wicked people do wicked things, like the situation that you spoke about with the wicked white men that came to the Americas and murdered and stole from the First Nations people. Or the wickedness these same people did to the Africans that they enslaved and murdered.

All those things can be spoken about without generalizing white people as a whole race. The people that did those things in the Americas are white, and this should not be hidden, that is why I call them wicked white men.

It is just a matter of not grouping all (with the exception of a few) white people with them. If you looked at the white race as a whole, the people that did and currently do such wickedness are a minority, and that most white people, although not perfect in Jah way, deal with kindness and love, not domination and murder. The wicked people may sometimes look like a majority, because they have great physical power to do a lot of wickedness in the world. But it is power in the hands of a few that are causing the people of the world to suffer.

Selassie I even dealt with kindness and acceptance to the Italians, even after they did so much wickedness to Ethiopia. I spoke in my previous post that these accusations can sometimes be said of a nation, because often times the people support what their government does. But Selassie I is better than me in this, because he didn't condemn the whole nation of Italy for what some wicked Italians did. But had many different relations with Italy afterwards.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: seeking Sent: 6/19/2004 7:18:11 AM

Greetings All,

I find myself reading ... and I can feel the hurt and the anguish inherent in what is being said. I do however find myself reacting negatively to the word wickedness. While I overstand that people have for generations noted evil and good ways -- thus creating a dichotomy which pits black against white -- I have to consider who is talking.

So since I react negatively to the word wickedness I prefer to site that every living creature is trotting a path of his or her own making and choosing ... and that all of Jah's inions here, have choice ... choice to choose the higher path, choose to live a life which expresses love, not to some, but to all ...

And often all of this starts with loving ourselves enough ... So for me, I am learning that it is important to return to the I-self, to connect with my Higher Being, so as to know what I must do.

As a result I am grateful and acknowledge, that I will not know until I walk in the shoes of another ... compassion to all

Never forget, but forgive, for there but for the grace of Jah, go I

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 6/27/2004 6:13:32 AM

allrIght, what I also wanted to reason bout is the phrase "the modern slave". how would the I describe this ?
first I want to hear some definitions before starting reason 'bout it.

Messenger: seeking Sent: 6/28/2004 10:23:12 AM

Peace Bredda Alex ...

The modern slave? Now that's a conundrum ... it's that sense of 'mental slavery' Bob Marley spoke about it ... and when he sighted, he corrected and said we should free ourselves ... note, no-one enchained us ... InI enchained I-selves ...

the modern slave? the one who has lost the direction and the path, and in seeking tries to find a way back .. so tries on any new costume, as if the costume will make i-man whole ... only to find that the I becomes enslaved to what the world (Babylon) sights as right, powerful and mighty ... InI's are slave to many things ... even loving another ... for I then, slavery (modern and uderwise) is about attachment ... and attachment is not good, for everything passes ... as they should ... even all of us I's ...

irie ..

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/29/2004 4:48:21 PM

I see the modern slave as all the poor people.

Instead of providing food and shelter for the slaves, babylon now gives the slaves a small amount of paper to buy some food and shelter. There is only an illusion of change from slavery.

Now people think they are free, because they can jump from one slavemaster to another as they choose. But they are still a slave. They still receive only a small amount of fruit compared to the large amount they sow.

Many poor people work every day, and still hardly have enough money for food and shelter. This is a great shame on babylon, anyone who works all the time should have everything they need. But the rich take from these people, and throw back the crumbs for them to fight over.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 6/30/2004 8:18:52 AM

allright. so this is how some of you see the "modern slave".

I see the "modern slave" like some of you see it. I agree with the I, Ark I. but I also see the "modern slave" like this: one man in the society-middle-class in (for example) europe works every day (except on sunday) and earns his money. everything he does all the time is workin workin workin, sleepin and eatin. what kind of life is this? ... just workin and sleepin and eatin, nearly no time fe yourself. this can't be true. that is not a life.

so to I the "modern slave" isn't just the poor people in a.free.ca or whereever. it's also this life, workin workin workin. just workin all the time. I think workin is important because we can't wate until judgement day without doing anything. but there should be more time for yourself. and this is also slavery. this people seem to live for the system and live how the system wants them to live. because if they don't do so, they won't exist any longer.

one see what I mean ?

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 6/30/2004 8:20:40 AM

Brother Nyah-Ambassa, I'd also like to hear / read the I's oppinion.
how does the I see this ?

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 6/30/2004 2:14:19 PM

Greetings I

I wouldn't call the middle-class people slaves... what an offend must that be to people who are REAL slaves?

Slave is one who is bounded... read the Willy Lynch letter, then you know what a slave is.

But what you say is true, this working-sleeping-circle s just mad... but they choose so... they could stop this, I think.

The modern slave can be seen in Asia etc... or just take a ride to the boarder of the Cech Republic and look at this girls... you think they like to stand there? Until now there are real slaves...

Selah

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 6/30/2004 2:56:42 PM

"I wouldn't call the middle-class people slaves... what an offend must that be to people who are REAL slaves?"

yes, true. but that is what we're reasoning on. the MODERN slave.
and the modern slave is a slave in another way. but he's a slave.
the I is right, but there are lots of ways to be a slave. so this slaves (the black slave from the times before) are slaves and other people (f.ex. "middle-class") are slaves too. not in the same way, but both are slaves.

"but they choose so... they could stop this, I think."

yes, they choose so. and they could stop this, but think of what would happen if they'd stop it. so in some way they are like in chains: they can't really get away from the system.

yes I, there is slavery everywhere these days. it's not slavery as we know it from the times before. but it's another kind of slavery. often this slavery is mentally or whatever ... but there's lots of slavery, everywhere. but people don't wan see it.

Messenger: JosephI Sent: 6/30/2004 7:29:36 PM

Greetings All,

In InI humble opinion, a modern slave is anyone who is oppressed by another....in terms of class, race, sex, creed, national origin, etc.

We all are, to diffenent extents, slaves to Babylon...and the people in the highest positions of power (white males come to InI mind). Its in how we deal with this and how we can recognize that we can all -especially as Jah's children- free ourselves from the mental chains.

Blessed Love
Joseph

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I