Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=278&start_row=1

INI think Haile of JAH

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras John Sent: 4/5/2004 8:45:37 PM

Why do some Bobo Ashanti see Idi Amin as the same entity as Marcus Garvey? JAH is loving, and so are HIM servants! No prophet of JAH could ever be a canibalistic TYRANT!

INI really want to know why this is- that some Rasta praise such an evil man. And no one can say to INI it's the media cuz my bredren Jefferson is from Uganda and knows FIRST HAND about all that wickedness Idren...

JAH is LOVE! That's what Selassie prove! Selassie conquor the downpressors for HIS PEOPLE - ALL MANKIND! Selassie work 20 hours a day for HIS LOVE FOR JAH PEOPLE! Selassie never make genocide or power trip or NONE OF THAT! Selassie is JAH... Yeshua IS JAH... no tyrant should ever be associated with the Trinity...
One love

Ras John

Messenger: sizzla kalunji Sent: 4/6/2004 11:08:31 AM

Greetings Idrens,
Consider two Black Idrens. Born in poverty, under the rule of the British. Had to fight for everything they attained. Each finding God in their own overstanding. Remember when the british had cut off all ties with Idi Amin, He declared himself the " Conquerer of the British Empire." Now at one point Marcus Garvey had the British worrying, however Garvey wasn't a MURDERER.

Paul was a murderer before he was converted.

So as the I said, "As Rastas we should aim for the service of God." The students of Islam, Hindu's, Buddhaism, Judahism and even Chrstianity are aiming for one service. So should all rastas aim for Jah works.

Give Ises.
Kalunji.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/6/2004 6:34:22 PM

Greetings,

I think the reasoning for it is how sizzla said. He may not do everything righteous, but he fights against babylon, to free Africa from the hands of babylon. So sometimes people get together with others who are fighting the same enemy, even though their ways are different, because there is strength in numbers.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 4/6/2004 8:01:13 PM

Side with Babylon as it fights within itself?

Of course the colonialisation has torn apart Africa, but tyrants do the same! You can't be fighting evil when you are torturing and murdering your people, cuz all you are doing then is spreading evil! Destruction is destruction! A TRUE RASTA SIDES WITH NO EVIL MAN! NO MATTER IF THEY AGREE ON AN ISSUE!

Rasta is more then fighting the system! Rastafari is conquoring downpression with PEACE! JAH say THOU SHALL NOT KILL and this is a must for all Rasta to follow and support. If JAH doesn't mean it then JAH won't say it seen?

InI say BURN IDI AMIN WITH FIRE... BURN ALL HATRED, MURDER AND DESTRUCTION! BLACK, WHITE, BROWN YELLOW - BURN ALL WICKEDNESS! INI DON'T CARE IF A MAN CLAIMS TO BE A JEW, CHRISTIAN, MUSLIM ETC IF HE ACTS IN WICKED WAYS THEN HIS ONLY GOD IS THE DEVIL.

RastafarI say One LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ras John

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/6/2004 11:12:07 PM

Greetings,

I agree that I and I have no part with murderers, but I can Iverstand why some people would support him.

And any nation that is fighting a war, will have some wicked people performing wickedness. I don't know for sure how much wickedness Adi Amin did or not. If you spoke to his people, you would hear a different story.

All man wars come with wickedness, so the only way to stay away from supporting wickedness, is to have no part in man wars.

To Iverstand why people do the things they do, doesn't mean agreement. But when it is Iverstood, the real solution to the problem can be seen, Oneness instead of division. Sometimes a desperate situation causes people to do desperate things. It is easy to say this and that when not confronted with what others have to face. The things they do might not be right, but sometimes a situation can bring out the worse in a person.

As Selassie I say,
----------------------
In general you - judges - should understand that you have been entrusted with the great responsibility of protecting the rights of the people and must therefore endeavour to serve with a spirit of selflessness and integrity so as to free yourselves from guilty consciousness. We urge you to serve with integrity today so as to set a good precedent for posterity. Endeavour to serve with integrity, always bearing in mind what We have told you in the past and what We are now telling you. Since man has been endowed by the Almighty with the special quality of judging his own self, let alone passing a judgment on others, at the hour of pronouncing judgment he must imagine... finding himself to be in the position of the man in the dock. If one passes a judgment after search of his conscience and careful reflection picturing his own self in the position of he who stands before him for trial, and if he does it with good conscience in the interest of the efficiency of administration of justice, there is no doubt that he will pass the right judgment.

Addressing Judges on Justice and The Law
----------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 4/7/2004 9:09:56 AM

Seen, Ark I... But INI see murder as murder as murder... no one can justify it...

So some Rasta can see a murderer as a strong figure, but INI say them got their idea of what a strong person is...

Times can be hard, but we mustnt fall into a wicked path... A real strong leader, a true warrior for the Almighty is Mohandas Gandhi... He liberated India, a country now with a population of more than ONE BILLION, as well as Pakistan, a country with a population fo over 150 million, from the British empire - USING NON VIOLENCE! This is the true kind of conquering! We must KNOW that JAH will provide and NOT look to the Devil to provide by use of murder and intimidation!

ONE LOVE

Ras John

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/8/2004 3:16:18 PM

Greetings,

If someone killed a member of my family, I think I would kill them, if I am able to. And I would feel justified within myself for doing it. This could be right or wrong in the eyes of others, but that doesn't matter to I, I would do it anyway.

The thing about Gandhi, what he did worked in his situation, but it won't necessarily work in other situations.

If an army comes with the intention of killing your people, not enslaving them, then Gandhi's methods would just lead to death. In this situation, I site that killing the people that are trying to kill my people is justified.

Selassie I didn't use Gandhi's method to rid Ethiopia of the Italians, and I don't think Gandhi's methods would have worked in that situation.

So I am not too quick to judge others, especially because we don't know the full story. We mostly know the half-truths and lies of only one side, we don't know the half-truths and lies of the other.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: sizzla kalunji Sent: 4/8/2004 5:58:07 PM

Greetings Idrens,

I not trying to justify the murdering of innocent blood, but were all..., of innocent blood? Idi Amin may have felt threaten or not.
There's strength in numbers. If the people had unite then they could do away with him.
Idrens, as Ark I said, different problems, diefferent solutions.
I see babylon not only as the physicality of it but also the mentality that some people still carry, eg., bad mind, grugefulness, etc.

I have to reason more on this later on.
Closing time.
Blessed Love

Messenger: Ras John Sent: 4/8/2004 10:38:09 PM

Yeah seen, Idren one love

Messenger: afreeka Sent: 4/9/2004 6:42:28 AM

greetings Ark I ,
with all the respect and love mi would like to tell you that , Love , is the most important comandment , and consequently come forgivness .
Jah seh .....love your neighborhood as you would love yourself , and treat him as you would like to be treated .........
i&i know lost of one of our family member could be TRAGIC , and that fury enters ina our heart and mind and revenge is possibly the only solution we could arrange fe our pain and sufferin ......but .

where is the love ? if somebody kill ya sister , you go down and kill the man that is a brother , or a son , the father could come and kill your mother cause of the same your reason , you should go kill all a them , but you know this tings never end . look where we at right now in the world ???? brothers & nsisters killing eachother .
so i&i just wanted to say that we as rastas , ancient israelite , christians of today should really try and try to live as Our Father want us to live .
no hate , only love .

mo'love with RasTafari ina mi heart ,

afreeka

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I