Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=256&start_row=1

Why Haile Selassie?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 3/17/2004 10:10:11 AM

Greetings Idren!

I wanted to ask the Is here, why are you praising HIM as returned Messiah, God etc.
Yes I know, he is the Lion of Judah, King of Kings, Lord of Lords and Root of David. But I also know that MANY other Ethiopian Emperors wore the SAME titles.
So when I ask this, many say, but he is Haile Selassie I, Power of the Trinity. But this name was not very uncommon, many nobles in Ethiopia had it as part of their names. For example his son Asfa Wossen was crowned Emperor-in-Exile as Amha Selassie.
So what makes HIM so extraordinary and different from all the other Ethiopian Monarchs, that you say, ONLY HIM is the prophesied one? When you know, that his titles are also the titles of dozend other emperors.

I do not want to "fight" the faith. I just think when one follow Ras TafarI he should really know WHY.
And I am interested why the Is see HIM as God and not for example his son or Menelik etc...
Please do not feel offended!

Bro Gad I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/17/2004 10:21:39 AM

i think for myself it is not about the name or the talk..it is about the way they live ,time that it was said that HIM would live,and energy that a person brings to the table. that sit HiM a side from the rest..not that other can't walk in HIM foot steps,it just that some PEOPLE of GOD have a JOB>and when they see it they do it...

the man made it so one man think he is the most HIGH,but the most i said we shall be none all are childern of JAH RAS TAFRI...

one

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/17/2004 10:30:51 AM

why do you look to him(bro-J)

Messenger: peter mloyi Sent: 3/17/2004 11:26:15 AM

Good I was thinking to suggest the same topic as people use to ask explainations about divinity of selasie. I'n'I accept HIM as the revealation of mesiah at this time but it is still difficult to give words to "others" and feel the position of Selasie I in this time.
In this forum I did learn one important thing that even in the church Himself recommended to i'n'i they have a look of him as i do to Him and all the titles i'n'i uses fir selasie they were trusted on him by elders of eoc.
May i call for more reasoning to organise our views about him so we can defend our faith stronger as we are.
Ras Tafari.
Mloyi.

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 3/17/2004 2:49:41 PM

Greetings I

How I see Selassie I, Rock?
... I wanted to hear the Is oppinions, and views.
Because I want to learn from others.
In the last time I more and more reasoned with Ethiopians and learned now about a "different" Haile Selassie I. I now saw Selassie I not through the eyes of Rastafarian but a bit through the eyes of Ethiopians. And when I learned more and more it seemed to me, that knowledge about the real Ethiopian background of all this is a big enemy of the Rastafarian Faith. ;)
I had to realise, that my faith and the faith of many Rastafarian is/was based on "ignorance". Many believe what they want and do not care for facts... maybe this is good for them, but it is far not enuff for I! I cannot believe in something just because I do not know it better!
Many do not know that this prophecy could be fulfilled by many Ethiopian Emperors.
So what makes Selassie I so special and different from all the Emperors that HE is the prophesied in the Is view?
That only a King of the Ethiopian solomonic dynasty can fulfill the biblical prophecy is clear..... but why Haile Selassie I?

Bro Gad I

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 3/17/2004 4:26:59 PM

Blessed Love Jah Rasta Far I

Be-LOVE-d bredrens and sistren.......the short I-tation on this is that INI don't praise the PERSONHOOD, (meaning Flesh) of any man....SITE.....INI glorify and honor the spirit of pure SPIRITUAL MANIFESTATION OF CREATION SITED IN THE PERSONHOOD OF THE almight HAILE I SEALASSIE I POWER OF THE TRINITY.

ONe Love One Aim one destiny

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/17/2004 6:58:05 PM

Bro Jahphet Anbesa I

thats cool i just wanted to know from your stands,why you looked to him.iam not a groupy iam a son of JAH the only god..and when i say that i mean that if it said that god would sit up on HIGH, in time a GOD HEAD for those to look to,then thats just how it is(4 ME).KNOW other king has down for the in slave PEOPLE of this day what HIM did,i asked why you want other opion also because to me it dose not matter about the name you call you self it is what the I do in the JOB JAH give you,he did his JOB.

one

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/18/2004 12:17:55 PM

Greetings,

It is the works that Haile Selassie I performed that separates him from others who have that title.

I will refer to a previous post of mine to show why Haile Selassie I.

Who is RasTafarI

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/18/2004 12:29:05 PM

Greetings,

Jahphet, the I said,
------------------
In the last time I more and more reasoned with Ethiopians and learned now about a "different" Haile Selassie I.
------------------

I haven't yet heard anything that would make I see Selassie I differently. Any criticisms I have heard hasn't made I sight any weakness in RasTafarI, the criticisms were only about things outside of Selassie I.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Bro Jahphet Anbesa I Sent: 3/18/2004 1:01:25 PM

Greetings I

Yes Idren...
Nefertiti... I try to understand what the I is saying (when you know what I mean ;)
To me this sound like the "standard phrases".... I wanted to know what is behind this phrases for YOU?
Why is Haile Selassie I so important to you, or his spirit.... and not one of the other GREAT Kings of Ethiopia?

Ark I.... yes, I know your reasoning about this...
There you speak about the titles, and I say that this titles were also wore by the most of the Emperors.
Then you speak about the name "Haile Selassie I"... and I say this name was very common.
And then you speak about the example set by HIM.
But you know other Ethiopan Kings who lived a very righteous life too. What is the difference between Asfa Wossen and Selassie I for you? Or the difference to the other Kings? Couldnīt one of this be the prophesied?

So mlet me summerize this...
The Is say HIM is divine(the prophesied, Messiah, God etc) because of Revelation and because of his extraordinary life that differents him from the others fulfilling this prophecy(by titles)?

Bro Gad I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I