Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1220&start_row=1

NFL PLayoffs

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/19/2006 8:29:35 AM

Does anyone follow the NFL ? Its down to Carolina vs. Seattle & Pittsburg vs. Denver. I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but I have a feeling Carolina might pulloff an upset next sunday. The Steelers and the Broncos seem pretty evenly match. We'll see ...

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/19/2006 10:03:15 AM

I was for the Colts, since my wife is from Indy. Oh well. LIke to see the best win but favor Seattle a little. Not a big football fan here, I prefer soccer.

Much Love to all

Bergy

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/19/2006 10:48:31 PM

Bergy why don't you put your money where your mouth is ?!?

I got 20$ on the Panthers.

Your Seahawks are goin down !!!

Watch me now ~

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 1/20/2006 1:01:15 PM

haha have never seen such a football game in life. Looks to me like the true amerikkkan lifestyle..... fat whiteys yamming their fat stinking disgusting hotdog waste. And then they shout as if these fat guys could make it better than the boys on the field. Amuzing. Over here we have some black americans imported in the basketball team. and it's the same. fat whiteys think on all fields they can make it better. gunshot

Selah

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 1/20/2006 2:03:55 PM

Seattle will be victorious. It's our time!

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 1/20/2006 3:03:59 PM

FYAH FYAH FYAH REDDDD HOT

TAKE THIS FOLLY TO SOME OTHER FORUM PLEASE, THIS IS DISRESPECTFUL.

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 1/20/2006 3:56:42 PM

Why the Idren haffi be so serious and condemning all the time? It is bad for the spirit. I know there are important matters to be discussed, but why can't we joke around and laugh sometimes as bredren should do. Everyone always fyah this and fyah that. Does no-one on this site even like each other? If so, why do we call ourselelves bredren?
Anyways, there are many Idren who like sports. Let the ones who like sports talk about sports.
Even His Majesty loved sports.

"Sports being the symbol of fraternity and team work there can be no doubt of its utility or of the sound virtues which it develops."
-Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/20/2006 6:51:40 PM

There are different kind of people in the Earth that have different purposes and mindsets.

Selassie I also says,

Maybe you wish to know what kind of youth We were. Well We were a very serious, very diligent, very obedient youth. We were sometimes punished, but do you know why? Because what We were made to study did not seem enough and We wished to study further. We wanted to stay on at school after lessons were over. We were loath to amuse ourselves, to go riding, to play. We didn't want to waste time on games.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/20/2006 9:26:12 PM

His Majesty used to hang out at the Race Track in Addis Ababa. It was a meeting place and source of entertainment for Foreigners visiting His country. He was always a very curtious host. After all he is The Lord of Hosts. I beleive he would attempt to make His guests feel at home in His country by providing familiar forms entertainment found in other civilized countries, such as: movies, television, theatre, sports, music, food, etc... He might say something like, "Make yourselves at home". I agree though that he would not permit or encourage wickedness that is harmful to ones self or others. For example he would never legalize prostitution. But he did build sports stadiums and organized international events. I don't know why some Rastas believe that they are so self righteous, that wont be your savior on Judgement day. Freeup !!! Selassie ~

P.S. There are Rasta who play in the NFL, icluding one of Bob's sons Rohan Marley (married to Lauryn Hill of the Fugees). If God endows you with a talent, it's a sin not to use it.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/21/2006 12:58:06 AM

I really doesn't bother I if you want to talk about football here, there is enough room on the forum to speak about it, I can just trod around those topics and go to other ones. But I don't appreciLove the talk of wagering here, because there is not really room for that.

Since Selassie I words were already used in regards to this topic, I decided to bring up some other words that show Haile Selassie's personal perspective.

I have never been interested in watching sports, but I don't see anything wrong with people watching sports, and if some friends of mine wanted I to come with them to a sports game, I would go. But Dread Lion does have a point because this forum is a council of RasTafarI Bredrens and Sistren, that is why I don't come here to speak about the different episodes of the television shows I watch. Just as I wouldn't go to a Nyahbinghi Chant and Reasoning to talk about TV shows or similar type things. Just as Selassie I doesn't go to His council meetings to talk about the previous horse race he saw. There is a time and place for everything, and I come here for a different purpose.

But to each his own, so go ahead and speak about the sports if you like. As long as the forum isn't flooded with topics on sports, I don't mind.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I