Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1220&start_row=11

NFL PLayoffs

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/21/2006 9:35:41 AM

Okay... But I was under the impression that this is a Reasoning Forum. An open outlet for discussing any and all topics, related to Our search for Rasta, that We feel inklined to discuss publically. Personnaly I don't see the point of ignoring or even denying certain aspects of Our daily lives, such as entertainment, in the interest of pleasing a few individuals who consider themselves members of a high council, seperate from the everyday common Rastafari youth. Also, I seriously doubt that His Majesty ever discussed anything with His councilers in a public forum. Such matters deemed important enough to be brought before a council would always be discussed behind closed doors, beyond the reach of enemy spies. I would be willing to bet you that no one is spying on this website, because people have better things to do. Anyways, I will respect your request Ark I. Selam ~

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 1/22/2006 10:14:40 PM

Dear Tefer,
HA HA! Seattle represents!
Let that be a lesson to all to who doubted!
Go home panthers!

Sincerely,
-Osiris

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/23/2006 11:53:21 AM

Yes Osiris, the Panthers didn't come to win on Sunday, as least they showed up, they were quite humiliated by the Seahawks in a 34-14 loss. I am the first to admit that not all of my predictions always come true, only those divinly inspired reach fruition. Anyways, I am now predicting that Pittsburg will steal the win next Sunday Febuary 5th by a slim margin of less than 7 points. Jah knows ~

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/24/2006 12:16:26 PM

Bwoy, sometimes.......
The fact that you are using this forum to speak on such trivial matters as football is bad enough. But whats even worse to I is you talk of Amerikan football and yet i dont see no one mention or support the African Nations Cup.
Some of you been away too long idren.
Stretch forth your hand, my nation, for Africa calls

Rastafari the living Fire

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/24/2006 12:17:35 PM

Senegal.... I man deya with you. Forward youth

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/24/2006 12:24:04 PM

Kid. Can you measure yards with that ruler of yours, cause I hear they are looking for a linesman. Or better yet maybe you'd be more suited for the job of water bwoy. Chill out. More than half the players in the NFL are African. So do something to support the African footballers, instead of getting in Our way.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/24/2006 1:12:44 PM

You are a funny bredda

I man will stiil not stoop to your level and throw insults at you so go ahead say what you like
If you thought "Bwoy" was meant for you that is just a shame.
I wonder how many of your "African" players would spit in your face if you called them African

Man a Lion not a goat so dont call me no bloodclaat kid

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 1/24/2006 6:20:44 PM

That is some kind of hostility toward the American Black Man.
Where does the Ras hail from?

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 1/24/2006 6:24:40 PM

All Black people are Africans no matter where they live and what they do!

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/24/2006 7:29:46 PM

Brethren when i read your comment i was so mad i couldnt see straight so i had to calm iself befoe writing this
After all these years trodding on the Kings Highway, for you to tell i, a Rastaman, that "All Black people are Africans no matter where they live and what they do!" is not only condescending but disrespectful also but still thru you dont know i i wont take no offense
what do i look like having hostility for anyone under Jah sun let
alone my black idren in the belly of the beast?
Yes i hail from where all nations of the earth spring from. Regardless Through i life i have trodded through Africa Europe and America too. And i have seen with mine own eyes how some black people are ready to fight you if you called them African as if it was an insult.
oh you know what just came to my mind? The beginning scenes of the movie Boyz in the Hood. If you dont recall what scene im talking of go and check it. and here is something else i just remembered

"Kofi Annan?, you think im going to take orders from an African? You might speak a dozen languages but you are gonna need them when you are selling fake hats in Times square"
Dave chappelle off Chappelle Show
I know its funny but it is an indicator of how a lot of black people in America feel about Africa and Africans

That is not to say all black people in america think this way
(well now, i dont see the need to say this but i better do because i see some of you just see what you want to see)
I know nuff black people in the US who would lay down their lives for Africa, for ini have not forgotten how black people used to clash with american-italians in the streets of NY during the italian agression against Ethiopia
So i beg you brethren dont speak of Hostility to i again because JAH knows my heart feels for i idren in babylon

Regarding the NFL and sports in general, i just pray that one day every black player will have the name of an African nation on his/hers jersey instead of the name of the country that took i people into bondage. Is that so hard to understand?

For in the words of Culture

"who no waan come can stay
For i am leaving"

Jah Liveth in the hearts of all flesh

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I