Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  

Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bomboclaat1 Sent: 10/25/2020 8:29:58 PMHidden - Foolishness

A Country can't progress if there's no Democracy and that's exactly what happened.
Haile Selassie I, didn't listen to the protesters and disregarded them and their complaints about his policies and put the protesting Students and Intellectuals in Prison or to be executed.
Haile Selassie I, could've put the Landlords in prison through force since he was the Emperor, he had the men and he had the technological superiority.

Also, he didn't do anything to the Extreme Poverty and the big gap between the Rich and the Poor. And due to his poor Economic Policies, the GDP was lower than Ethiopia in 1980 (While it was in the mid of a Civil war).

His Education campaign was a miserable failure, because of lack of Investment and Maintenance.
Look at the Soviet Union, it had at the beginning a literacy rate of around 10% (The same literacy rate as Ethiopia at the end of Haile Selassie's ''successful'' Education Campaign, lol), after 20 years the literacy rate in the Soviet union was 90%.
The Soviet Union was successful because the Government wasn't lazy and made Education compulsory. Because of its very high literacy rate and good maintenance of Education, the Soviet Union prospered.
Haile Selassie didn't do any effort to improve the poor quality of Education and make more schools to educate the youth.

There was also no gender equality in Ethiopia, AT ALL!
Women, or should I say Girls, married at a very young age. Because of this, They didn't get Education and when their husband dies they're pretty much screwed.
For example, My Grandmother living in Ethiopia was married on her 15th and she had to rely on money of her children who were adults since she couldn't work anywhere because she didn't get Education.
Also, Life-quality in Ethiopia was horrible and since Haile Selassie didn't bother to improve these poor situations many died of diseases or malnutrition.
If they got a Disease they knew they would die quickly since Healthcare was too expensive or simply not known because Clinics were few or the Healthcare Quality is really bad.

I'm not defending the Derg, I'm simply saying that Ethiopia was better off when Haile Selassie was deposed.

And the Justice system under Haile Selassie was very bad and of very bad quality.
His Imperial forces massacred Eritrean and Tigrayan villages/towns for fun and plundered them.

Also, About the Famine of Tigray, you do realize that the Famine mostly killed innocent farmers right?
They had nothing to do with the rebellions.
They were a victim of the discrimination of Ethiopian Nationalism under Haile Selassie.

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I