Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=995&start_row=11

Hurricane Katrina

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 9/5/2005 3:35:24 AM

I just answered my own question.

Messenger: Sista RasKapten Sent: 9/6/2005 1:10:56 PM

Blessed love everyone,
InI am of the opinion that one shouldn't generalize........Ofcourse there are heathen in New Orleans but there r also lots of people who give JAH thanks & praises everyday....I'm from a tiny island in the Caribbean and have lived (JAH bless) through quite a few hurricanes. People from other islands used to say "them people dere nah pray enough" but how could they put all of us on the same level? One rotten apple doesn't always spoil the whole batch....Besides, most of the heathen left long before the hurricane hit, the people who are suffering & dying are the poor, the ones that couldn't affort to flee... mainly our own brethren & sistren ( a lot of them Caribbean descendants)of whom many are JAH-fearing people.The people of New Orleans didn't bring the disaster upon themselves; mankind in general did. InI must agree with Dreadnut when he says mankind is destoying the earth & global warming is a real problem. In the last years the hurricanes are getting bigger, stronger & occur more frequently, and this goes for everything (volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, floodings, drought, plagues, diseases,etc. everything gets more extreme. Mother earth is trying to survive while receiving beatings from mankind everyday, all day long, in every which way. Natural disasters are mother nature's way of reclaiming some of what is hers. If people continue to destroy nature, nature will slowly but surely destroy people. Now everyone always talks about these things but thinks that they can't do anything about it and want to leave it up to the (mis-)leaders of our countries to tackle these problems (which they definately should but they seem to think space trips,staging wars, building nuclear weapons, etc. is more important!) But if everyone contributes a little bit , all those little bits might make a big difference! Rastafari must set the example......continue to cultivate the land in a sustainable manner, plant trees whenever,wherever possible, never litter ( did u know that a tiny little thing as the chewing gum u throw outside of your car window takes 25 years (!!) to dissolve itself in nature?), don't let dirty water run back into the rivers & oceans, anyway in short "LIVE IN TUNE WITH NATURE" One love. JAH is everything.
Blessings for all sufferers in New Orleans and all over the world; Keep the faith, strength.
Nuff Luv'

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/6/2005 4:25:06 PM

"The time is dread my lord so hold down the fort King Selassie I is own His way!"

Bullshit. What makes humans believe that they will be saved. What was the last time you did something for God or the angels? Better yet when was the last time you did what you were supposed to do, or even what you said you were going to do or shit just did something for yourself. Humanity has finally proven once and for all that it doesn't deserve to live, and trust me there have been many many chances. And somehow or another have convinced each other that humanity will be saved. Never once questioning WHY THE FUCK ANYONE WOULD ANYONE SAVE A SUICIDAL ENITY. Humans are self defeating and self absorbed. The only beings in the entire universe that believe they deserve to be saved because they repent their sins. Better yet saved from what, YOURSELF! Nobody did this to you, what if you get to lay in the bed you made. What if this is what you get. What if just once you get what you actually deserve. What if Jesus the Christ GIVES UP ON YOU, could you blame him? No salvation for you, you get to prove you cleanleness and get your white robe, or you get a nice long stay in the abyss. If you don't believe me read Revelations, I dare you; no I challenge you to find the part when your savior comes and rescues you from your fate. This planet is a living being, who has allowed humanity to be sheltered within her bounty and look where it got her. So don't complain when she spits in your eye. You have pissed in her waters and cut off her hair, thrown dirt in her face and blown holes in her chest. Forget the sins you have comitted against man, remember the sins against nature, against the universe, and against the heavenly bodies. You have been given EVERYTHING plus free will. Stop being so self absorbed.

PS
Be nicer to angels, they have the power to screw you for eternity, and they don't like you, they're just doing their jobs.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 9/6/2005 5:31:19 PM

You call yourself empress but you have the mouth of a pig.

I was planning on writing a response to your pig-talk but, that would be beating a dead pig.

Oh cut them off with thy truth oh Lord God Selassie I Jah Rastafari!

Messenger: the rock Sent: 9/6/2005 5:34:25 PM

I agree with some of what Empress Nzingha posted,but not all. hEAR is rev22.

Rev.22
[1] And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
[2] In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
[3] And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
[4] And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
[5] And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
[6] And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
[7] Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
[8] And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
[9] Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
[10] And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
[11] He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
[12] And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
[13] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
[14] Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
[15] For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
[16] I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
[17] And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
[18] For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
[19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
[20] He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/6/2005 7:32:52 PM

Where does it say, saved? It doesn't, all it says is those who are not lost will be found.

If truth comes from the mouth of a pig, what do you call someone who insults a pig for telling the truth?

Messenger: native root Sent: 9/6/2005 8:49:38 PM

dreadnut do you insult everyone who challenges your word?

Tefer the i asked "Does anybody see a connection between the annual pagan festival of Mardi Gras and the hurricane?"

no, but i see a connection with mass pollution,deforesting and mining among other things.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 9/6/2005 9:25:37 PM

it dose not say save or will be found it says.

Rev.22
[1] And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
[2] In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
[3] And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:
[4] And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.
[5] And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 9/7/2005 12:28:01 AM

Give the the fire Rock, they are completly ignorant of the times and the prophecy. There is more to be said than in just the book of Revelations, why don't ignorant ones go look into the words of Christ and see what He says.

And native root, your answer to Tef was the same as mine.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 9/7/2005 1:00:41 AM

Rev 21 1-4

"Then I saw a new heaven and earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying,

"NOW THE DWELLING OF GOD IS WITH MEN, AND HE WILL LIVE WITH THEM. THEY WILL BE HIS PEOPLE, AND GOD HIMSELF WILL BE WITH THEM AND BE THEIR GOD. HE WILL WIPE EVERY TEAR FROM THEIR EYES. THERE WILL BE NO MORE DEATH OR MOURNING OR CRYING OR PAIN, FOR THE OLD ORDER OF THINGS HAS PASSED AWAY"

SAVED

HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

"However wise or however mighty a person may be, he is like a ship without a rudder if he is without God. A rudderless ship is at the mercy of the waves and the wind, drifts wherever they take it and if there arises a whirlwind it is smashed against the rocks and becomes as if it has never existed. It is our firm belief that a soul without Christ is bound to meet with no better fate."

HAILE SELASSIE I THE ALMIGHTY WORD

"The love shown by our God to mankind should constrain all of us who are followers and disciples of Christ, to do all in our power to see to it that the message of salvation is carried to those of our fellows who have not had the benefit of hearing the good news."

JOHN MARCUS I EMPORER EMMANUEL I SLEASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

"It is our conviction that all the activities of the children of men, which are not guided by the Spirit and council of God will bear no lasting fruits; they will not be acceptable in the sight of God. It will therefore come to naught as the tower of Babel came to naught. The grace of God is Eternal. Angels in Heaven and the Creation on Earth sing His Praise . We thank the Master of the world Almighty God. Power belongs to God. May God Our Creator, the Helper and Guiding Light of us all grant you His Wisdom that you may bear fruits for His Glory."

QEDAMAWI I HAILE SELAHSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I