Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=982&start_row=21

Where is SelassieI?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 56
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 9/7/2005 4:18:01 PM

Nyah...

SELAH.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/7/2005 4:58:14 PM

"when a man and a woman are the right and perfect for eachother, they ain't two no more but ONE."

As that is true it does not negate the fact that each one is an entity in and of itself. For example if you mix salt in water... two made one.

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 9/9/2005 3:54:39 AM

Ises

Yes, but read it in Genesis 2.

Selah

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 9/10/2005 2:10:18 AM

Empress Nzingha, does the I sight the ALmighty as male?

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 9/10/2005 2:22:56 AM

My reasoning is that when someone is baptized they are born again. In order to be born again one's flesh must first be dead to the sins of this world. Then after the baptizism is performed the person recieves a new name to signify that the transformation is complete. His Imperial Majesty also re-enacted His own baptism several times over the course of His life to renew the spirit and strengthen the faith.

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 9/10/2005 4:09:59 AM

Yes Iyah

Originally the baptism meant returning, returning to JAH and a Jahgiven life. That is why originally one was baptised when he was grown up and decided for himself. But however, the christian churches baptised babies, which was never in the sence of the bible. That is why I think a baby baptism has no real meaning, because the baby can't decide if it want to return.

But in case of HIM it is of course something completely different.

Selah

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/10/2005 11:25:55 AM

SisMenenI
The Almighty can not be male or female. Some say both but the truth is neither. The Almighty is asexual. Which is exactly why two make one, seen..

Babies are not really baptised, the are christened, which is a naming ceremony and a blessing.

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 9/10/2005 2:52:35 PM

You are mistaken. Selassie means Trinity {Father, Son, & Holy Sprit). Clearly the Father and the Son are both male entities. However, the Spirit could be perceived as a female entity. For example, David refers to Wisdom as a She. She has builded her house. The Church is often referred to as a female entity. Sion is also depicted in this same way. The Earth is obviously the Mother. As in : E T Yo P Ya (the union of Heaven and Earth or the marriage of Emperor Selassie and Empress Menen). God has also clearly stated that " I am He ". Therefore it is safe to conclude that God is the male entity and the Earth is the female entity and under the direction of His Imperial Majesty they become One. Surely Ras Teferi is the Alpha and the Owegga. Not to be confused with the Egyptian philosophy of Alpha and Omegga, Man and Woman both seated on the throne in Heaven. This is a mix up in Rasta doctrine. I am not attempting to diminish the role of the woman in any wise, I am simply attempting to shed light on the Truth. Unfortunately my understanding falls short of explaining the great mystery of God's person. However, one thing is clear that God is definately not a freek of nature that can reproduce asexually, he too must follow his own rules, the Laws of Life, Creation. Igziabhier Amlak Sete Mesegena Selam ~

P.S. Babies are baptized in the Ethiopian Orthodox faith. Males on the 40th day after birth and females on the 80th day. There are some exceptions to this rule, for example if the child is in danger of dying.

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 9/10/2005 4:36:38 PM

Sis Nzingha,

If the ALmighty were to be asexual then there would be no life. Sex is the physical act to bring forth creation. To be asexual would then be singular 1... there is no two become one in asexual.

Give thanks for the reasoning.

bless

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/11/2005 2:24:52 PM

SisMenen,
To asexualy reproduce cells split and make two from one. Which is why The Most High made one and then made the second from the first rather than making two. On this plane of existance it takes two to make one. This promotes Inity, seen. But each I has many organism inside that are asexual. But InI can only make more of ourself by ourself, seen. In order to make new life man and woman must come together, the holy trinity, seen. But there is only One God.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 56

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I