Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=920&start_row=1

The Kabbalah

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 7/11/2005 1:05:19 PM

Ightes

Sorry, I think there was already a topic about the Kabbalah, but I wasn't able to find it.

Today I visited my granny in hospital and while I was waiting I read one of these stupid star-mags. And then I came across an article about the Kabbalah, I mean it was one of these pseudo hollywood-spirituality articles. but the core of it I found very interesting and wondered why I didn't know more than the name about it. In this article it said that Israelite troddition claimed that the Kabbalah is as old as the thora, but wikipedia says that the earliest beginnings of it were in the decades after Yeshuah and the height was in the european-jew aera.
But what I read about it was very interesting and reminded me very about my own biblical overstanding.

I would like to reason with the Is about that.

Selah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/11/2005 4:42:45 PM

You know that old story of Jesus having the star over His birth place? Well if you look in the Kabbalah you would see that Moses, Issac, Jacob, Abraham... they all were born with stars over their birth spots. It really doesn't mean that there was really a star over them, but in the Semitic style writing known as midrash, this was a way to express the greatness or significance of the person being born. Pretty cool way of being recognized.

Just a little food for thought, thought for food.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 7/11/2005 11:55:30 PM

might that be why Kunta Kinte share family tradition of presenting newborn baby in the night sky under the stars? just wondering

RSK

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I