Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=919&start_row=11

The message of Christ

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 59
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 7/20/2005 2:38:51 AM

Great questions and reasonings Dreadnut.

The Hindus also have a trinity...Krishna, Vishnu, and Shiva.

A father, a mother, and a child is also a trinity.

Mystical

Blessings

Messenger: gideon Sent: 7/20/2005 4:51:45 PM

I don't think it is death to allow your temple to be torn down and then rebuild it so that you can teach your brethren and uplift your nation. In fact I see it as the most life-affirming and life- embracing act imaginable. It is necessary to let go of the illusion of living flesh to understand and appreciate Jesus' and God's choice.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 7/20/2005 5:01:17 PM

seen:

do you mean that in a manner of saying in this time of living we have to find the spirit inside of your body? Then soley work with that energy and let it manifest change. If thats what your were saying.... seen.

The preacher man says the only way to accept Christ is to call on his name and live this life out in a Christ like manner. Then after you die you go to heaven, I dont agree with that. Any seperation excluding the vows that bring you closer to God is just that.. Seperation.
I dont seperate myself from that, that gives me life, Cause when you do that you'll be like the tree that stops moving in the wind. Pretty soon you stop moving the ground dries up around you. You get hard up root and the tree is no more.

JAHLOVE

Messenger: gideon Sent: 7/22/2005 4:31:33 PM

Well, we need to find the spirit within our bodies, that is it. But also I am saying that there is only one way to do that. These teachings don't come from nowhere, they come down from person to person according to the principles of culture and love.
Look at it this way, if your village that raised you never embraced concepts like love, justice and truth, then you would have no knowledge of those traditions. Somehow God has to teach every person about himself through the medium of culture. And that process is accomplished using the people that we grow around. It is the same way how if Selassie never showed us babylon we would never be able to see it clearly. We all knew that something was wrong with the world, but only Selassie could give us the words. I am showing this example to explain the mechanism of learning about God by cultural exchanges.
So break it down like this: God is a spirit. Men can only learn about God and divinity through the cultural medium. So for God to show us about him, he has to make it come through that cultural medium. The only way he can do this is to manifest himself as a man. Think about it and you will see it is the only possible way.
So Christ is the way how we come to learn about the father. And in order for him to teach us he had to live among us a perfect life that would teach us that culture of Zion - spiritual culture. And what I am saying is that the only way to teach us that culture when we were lost in flesh thinking was to die on the cross and rise again. Not that he really died, but you know what I mean.
And the only way for us to ever know about the true faith is when we acknowledge his sacrifice. Now, I am not getting into if you have to call the name Jesus or whatever. In my opinion it is entirely possible to believe in Christ and enter Zion without knowing that name, and as I write this the examples of Enoch and Elijah come to mind as confirmation that I am right.And I know for sure that you don't have to die to go to heaven. But your reliance on the false tradition of flesh has to die, and that is what Jesus destroyed with his death on the cross. And with his resurrection he procured spiritual life for us. I am not saying this in some magical way, but I am saying that it happened by the action of culture, which is the only way that God could communicate with us.
I have to say one more thing: I am not against the flesh in any way. We abide and manifest through flesh, so it is the greatest folly imaginable to teach hatred for the flesh. I am against flesh as a religion. And that is what Christ destroyed. It just so happened that the only way for him to destroy that tradition (only for those who believe in him and his sacrifice) was to allow his temple to be destroyed and then rebuild it. Now that he has done it, no-one else has to do it anymore, because the message has been delivered, but it could not have been delivered any other way.
I am sure you'll all recognize that I am saying exactly what the bible says - a perfect sacrifice without blemish to take away the sins (errors, mistakes, false faith) of the world.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 7/22/2005 5:03:46 PM

greetings bredren

RSK has been silent but has kept up with the reasonings and praise Jah for your input in the forum

Gideon and the Rock, I experience a situation where I read your post and hear a similarity to conversation I had with my 21 year old son who said he literally denied his flesh to find his spirit. He is incarcerated. This was exactly 7 days and 7 hours ago.

Two Sevens Clash?

RSK

Messenger: the rock Sent: 7/24/2005 3:36:16 PM

I dont disagree with the christian philosiphy that Christ was born and this Christ was a message from God. Ive studied the bible and cross referenced it with many religions or cultures. The words like son of man and prophet of the people have been used in most if not all religions and cultures that ive studied. I do not see how a God that is so magnificent, were as this energy could create universes, could be broken down to only being able to communicate to its creation through a sacrifice of man. The words in the bible are written by people which means that the God that I speak of is communicating through each submission (islam) to the will of that universal pool. I give this annalogy to plenty of people and I would like to have the I's think on this one. The energy that man has comes from God and when one or more come together they are producing the works of God. As in a comet that is riding in a field of other comets, as they pick up pace they build a force field of energy around them and anything that comes into their field would bounce off and the comets that are all inline would still be on thier set course. I see that Elijah and other men of high prominent statures whether it be strength in spirit or strength in the physical are mentioned in the same catagory as a Christ. The message of Christ to me inlines with a message of Selassie I, both elect of God had been mentored and schooled and also were born in a time that aligns thier message with prophecy. Im a man that struggles even in this time but to take the message of Christ I man know its written that if they prosecute me, being Christ, then they will prosecute those that follow in the same footsteps of the holy one of creation. To quote something that Ark I posted Selassie I is a man that was one with God, left the message in this time for people to see Jah light. I say again I am not some all knowing individual that would say that my way is the only way, like in the bible it says you have to study to show yourself approved. Heaven is in us and around us and because we take this message in we become InI. In the intelecual form that we are communicating with ourselves that we are one with God but if I was to not even use any dialect and be mute and still manifest what God wants for me then I am still in the same light I just dont call it one name or another as people call Gods work one name or another (Christian, Islam, Judism and so on). In the Ethiopian Orthodox Church Christ is held in the stature that your speaking of. Also ever other figure in the bible be it man or man made vessel (the ark of the covinent) are to be taken in high account as well. What I speak of is a balance. Im going through alot of problems right now but I know that the spirit of God right now that is in my flesh is carring this vessel even as it did when times were not so problematic.

One Blessed Love from the holiest of holy even being thats the highest region of the mind Zion
Jah Rastafari

Messenger: gideon Sent: 8/3/2005 4:34:00 PM

It's not the limitation of God that necessitates teaching us by means of sacrifice, it is the limitation of man. It's like someone with five senses communicating with a deaf person. He will be forced to use sign language even though he is able to communicate in other ways.
God does communicate in other ways, mentioned in the early chapters of Romans. His truth and his nature are evident in all creation, and men are able to know of him and to know truth. Also his spirit speaks in the hearts and minds of men, teaching us and showing us his ways. But none of these means are enough to save a lost person from his confusion because there will always be other ways for that lost person to explain his internal convictions and the evidence seen in creation. He can rationalize the evidence so that evidence is not sufficient to save him.
God can also appear to men and show them irrefutable proof of his existence and truth, but as the bible says, and as that quote that Rock quoted from the Quran says, confused men will say that their eyes are bewitched. There is basically no way to teach men without starting from inside their hearts.
Combine this fact that God can only teach us from the inside (our limitation not his) with the fact that human beings learn only via culture. Put those two facts together and it becomes clear that God can only reach us by using cultural relationships so that the message can be realized from within.
That is why from the beginning God has always used messengers, even when he gave his written law it came first with a messenger who spoke the laws orally to the people and later got the written copy. Then Moses explained and taught the people the meaning of the law. There is always a prophet because that is how we learn, by culture.

You know the rest of this reasoning because I have already said it, so let me add a different track:
Look within yourself and examine your thoughts while you are considering the power of God in your life. Think about the Nyah Binghi and consider INI. In your mind somewhere there will be a cross whenever you think about this. The only thing is that we are not always able to pinpoint the cross or identify the moment in our thoughts when we apply the cross to our thinking. But the fact of the matter is that it is there. It is impossible to meditate on Jah without meditating on the cross, because that cross is the foundation of our ability to know Jah - it is the bridge between flesh and spirit. Until that day when we realize ourselves totally as spirit, there will be a cross in our minds that allows us to reach God or God to reach us. It is the cross that allowed us to recognize God even though we were lost before.
Not trying to break your stride in any way. It is just that knowledge is great as it increases. Read in the bible where it says, there is no forgiveness without the shedding of blood. That is the key. Around Romans nine.
Big up.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 8/3/2005 6:14:51 PM

Rom.9
[1] I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
[2] That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
[3] For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
[4] Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
[5] Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
[6] Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
[7] Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
[8] That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
[9] For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
[10] And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
[11] (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
[12] It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
[13] As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
[14] What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
[15] For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
[16] So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
[17] For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
[18] Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
[19] Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
[20] Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
[21] Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
[22] What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
[23] And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
[24] Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
[25] As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
[26] And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.
[27] Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
[28] For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.
[29] And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.
[30] What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
[31] But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
[32] Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
[33] As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 8/9/2005 10:13:32 PM

Hello Brethren and Sistren,

I agree with much of what Gideon says. God shows himself everyday. But if we want to see a miracle he does not want to show us through miracles as we see them but us to find it within ourselves in our hearts.

What about the three temptations, does this not fit within the discussion. Please advise. I am not so familiar with this part only from what I read about it in Doestoyevsky (spelling).

Anyone read the grand inquisitor?

Much Love

Bergy

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 8/23/2005 12:57:54 PM

Actually Gideon, you have the right idea but the wrong interpritation. The flesh is not real, is is only an illusion. For each flesh suit there is a being, much like in the matrix, physical reality is only a hologram, like the holo deck from Star Trek, you aren't really here and neither am I. This is only a test. Every so many "years" it starts over from the begining. The man called Jesus the Christ, came to prove that it's all in your mind. What you know, understand and believe creates your reality. There is no salvation, only redemption. Pain is a electronic impulse, so is fear, addiction, pleasure, etc. The only thing that is real is our sameness. We are all the same. Just as two atoms are the same, but at the same time different.
Did you know that parts of your atoms disappear and reappear constantly, for no explainable reason? Nobody knows were they go, why they go there, or why they come back. You (as well as everything else that "exists") is at least 90% vaccum (or absolutly empty space). And the rest of you is electricity. And 70% of that electricty is in the form of water. And you never have all of your parts at the same time.
Think of it this way, we all come from a single cell called an egg. When the male priciple and the female priciple join together the bluprint for our entire lives is created. How you will look when you die is programed into you before your even born. How could anyone change that. Ever.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 59

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I