Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=919&start_row=1

The message of Christ

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 59
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: gideon Sent: 7/9/2005 3:48:39 PM

So far we ahve said on this site that Christ's sacrifice at Golgotha was a sacrifice for the redemption of our human race because he knew that to spread the message meant that he would be killed.
But I see there is more to it than that. Christ's death and resurrection were not only a result of his choice to teach the truth among a wayward people, but actually his death and resurrection were necessary parts of the message itself. There can be no message of salvation without his sacrifice. Why?
Jesus was God in man, manifest to show men the way of truth. But how can you teach a spiritual way and overstanding to a people who are lost in the darkness of flesh faith? Everything that those lost people see manifest they will interpret in terms of their lost faith, that is, in terms of flesh. So it is necessary to manifest the flesh in such a way that even looking at the flesh in terms of flesh it becomes clear that the flesh is more than just flesh. And there is only one way to do this.
The message is that we are spirit, and in order to bring that message to people who cannot see spirit it is necessary to show them proof of the spirit in the form of flesh. It is necessary to live as flesh in such a way that the spirit becomes visible to even those who are not aware of the spirit. It is necessary to live in such a way that there can be no doubt in the matter, that the only possible interpretation could be that there is more than just flesh. It is necessary to do things that a simple man of flesh would never do.
That is why the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus are more than just the result of his choice to teach the way. That sacrifice is actually the way how he taught the way, and without the sacrifice he could not have taught the way. And without his resurrection he could not have shown that the way of the spirit is victorious. So it was necessary that he be killed by his people who he came to teach, and that he rise from death. It is necessary because that is the message.
Every man must come to the cross and recognize that God loves us so much that if it were possible he would even die for us, to save us from ourselves. And we need to see the resurrection to see that God cannot die, and that we are saved by faith and the spirit of life.
The way I see it, when Selassie calls his people to be free, what is really going on there is that he is calling them to see the cross, to walk the way of the cross. That road of freeing yourself is the road to calvary, and redemption can only be reached at the foot of the cross, when we confront the flesh. That is the only way to overcome the flesh and realize the spiritual reality of life - salvation.
Give thanks for the message. One.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 7/15/2005 12:47:41 PM

No comment?

Messenger: the rock Sent: 7/15/2005 4:26:54 PM

sacrifice?

i see it that if you read that bible from the frist page to the end, there are many sacrifice made to god.but to me the message is more then the christ sacrifice,sacrifice of the body, i see that if every thing is made by god,why would god have to give up his "only son" for sacrifice.In this case i see, a man made people thank that christ is the only child of god.that dose not work for my.JAH is the father of all creation, so to me the only way to show that his creation( man & woman) are liveing in the "right" they must sacrifice the wrong.

"the flesh is more than just flesh", man and woman have to see that for themself. i know it is writen that those with eye to see will see and ear to hear will hear, but from the time christ was put on the cross to now, most men still can't see that christ did not have to die for man to see his energy ,all that man had to do is pay attention to what he was saying, and learn form what he was doing.not just wait for him to die, to start walking the in the light that like he said many will be call but only a small amont will see the truth. laws of man is why christ was sacrificed.They made judgement that he went against the Roman,Jewish, law.And yes it was as the prophet said it would be.

the cross was used to kill man . all the that were put on the cross were put there for a crime.what is the crime of christ? there is know crime.salvation come(for me) from the truth, that is the light, its like the song Get up, Stand up," most people thing a great god will come from the sky take away all your pain and make everyone fill high, but if you know what life is worth, then you will look for yours on earth,...and now you see the light, you better stand up for your RIGHTS.

God is in the heart of all men and women.
I give thanks, may we reason on.

onelove

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 7/15/2005 7:18:57 PM

Greetings Rock

Check it man...I was just listening to a live version of that song today and thinking about those very words...what a trip...very mystical...

"The kingdom is inside of you and outside of you..."

Blessings

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 7/15/2005 7:20:25 PM

Gideon

I'll get on the discussion tonight after work.

Blessings

Messenger: IRIE LION Sent: 7/18/2005 2:07:01 PM

BUT JAH KNOWING THAT HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, PURE AND TRUE AS JAH, AS HIS SON AND THE FATHER IS ONE, JAH KNEW THAT HE WOULD BE SLAIN FOR TESTIFYING FOR THE TRUTH. TRUTH IS OUTLAWED AMONGST THE SYSTEM OF CORRUPTION. REMEMBER THE DEVIL HAS POWER ON THIS EARTH TO TRY AND CARRY PEOPLE ASTRAY FROM JAH, SO THE DEVIL TRIES TO CARRY OUT THE PLAN QUICKLY TO DESTROY THE EARTH FOR THE EVIL KNOW IT ONLY HAS A SHORT TIME TO DO SO. THE TRUTH IS CONFLICT WITH THE SYSTEM OF CORRUPTION. CHRIST WAS PURE TRUTH, AND NO SIN IN HIM. CHRIST YOU COULD SAY WAS A REVIOLUTIONARY. AND CHRIST WAS A CONFLICT TO THE WAYS OF THE DEVIL SYSTEM. CHRIST WAS JAH'S SACRIFICE SO THAT WE MAY LIVE, THROUGH LOVE OF FOLLOWING CHRIST WHICH HAS LED US TO HIS RETURN IN THE FLESH AS EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I. JAH GUIDE, AND WHO SEEKS HIM FINDS HIM. IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYMAN WHO TESTIFY THE TRUTH, AND BRING IT TO THE MASSES AND AWAKEN CONSCIOUSNESS, BECOME SLAIN FOR THEIR RIGHTOUES WORKS. CHRIST, BOB MARLEY, PETER TOSH, CHE. ALL THE REVOLUTIONARIES.

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 7/19/2005 1:56:30 AM

Greetings Gideon

Why you are focusing on death? Shouldn't we be focused on the Living Teachings of Yshua?

Let Mel Gibson and his passion deal with Yshua's crucifixtion. Let us Live the Teachings that Yshua gave unto us to practice and establish the Kingdom within and around us.

Rastafari

Messenger: Qe'ne Sent: 7/19/2005 2:42:41 AM

THE STAR OF DAVID MEANS GOD IN MAN THUS JESUS CHRIST CAME TO BRIDGE THE GAP CAUSED BY SIN OR FORGETFULLNESS BECAUSE MOST OF WHAT YOU LEARN IN THS LIFE IS JUST REMEMBERING, YOU DID NOT KNOW THAT YOU KNEW ALL ALONG.

THE HOLY TRINITY IS ALWAYS WITH US . THE FATHER IS IN YOUR HEART EYESUS CHRISTOS IN IN YOU CONSCIOUSNESS AND THE HOLY SPIRIT IS IN YOUR BREATH

HAILE SELASSIE I IS MELCHIZEDEK,ELIJAH AND JOHN THE BAPTIST. JOHN THE BAPTISER SHOWED US THE WAY TO CHRIST BECAUSE HE HAD CHRIST IN HIM THAT IS WHY HE COULD RECOGNIZE THE SON OF GOD. SINCE JESUS IS A PRIEST FOREVER AFTER THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK THEN ONLY MELCHIZEDEK COULD BAPTISE HIM.

H.I.M SHOWED US THE WAY IN THE WESTERN HEMISPHERE BY GIVING US THE ORTHODODX FAITH AND STANDING AS A PILLAR IN AFRICA THE MOTHER OF THE WORLD.

BECAUSE OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST GOD AND MAN ARE ONE. TO ENTER INTO HIS REST MEANS TO BE SEATED ON THE THRONE OF THE GOD HEAD WITH HIM.

THIS IS OUR DIVINE AND RIGHTFUL DESTINY

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 7/19/2005 10:08:51 AM

Greetings

Can you show me anywhere in Yshua's teachings where he mentions a trinity?

Bless

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 7/19/2005 1:57:10 PM

Jesus never mentioned the word trinity, but he did refert to the Father, So and holy spirit, also prophet priest and king. The trinity is an interesting concept that reaches far back into history all the way to ancient egypt when the egytions worshipped a trinity, Ra the father, Horus horus the son, and a holy spirit.

But then again bredren, we are all famailiar with the name Haile Sellassie and what hat means and why it is important to us, Power of the Holy Trinity. So if Selassie Take the name how should we view this trinitarian concept.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 59

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I