Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=869&start_row=1

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 6/8/2005 1:37:54 PM

Well for sometime now I have been discussing contradictions with the bible and why it is that I can not accept as the exact truth. Well due to certain reasonings that have been brought fourth by Christian Scholars, I am beginning to reconsider some of my doubts, being that some of my questions are being answered. I have come to realize that most of my problems and confusion comes from being able to decipher what is history and what is myth. For instance, the walls of Jericho falling, definetly history. A snake in the garden that can speak, myth. Although contrary to what it may seem, I would rather believe the bible whole heartedly and accpet it as God inspired. But I want to have reason and thought behind my decisions rather than because I didn't want to go to hell. I find that to be the worst excuse ever. I don't want to go to God so that I can escape a hell, I want to go to HIM because I love HIM. I am not a believer in the western hell concept, but you catch my drift.

It is important that we have a full understanding of the bible. His Majesty I said that the bible should be "the rallying point of mankind." So apparently its important. So I have begun to test my self, and pound away at the materials and biblical scholars to see how sound my or other theories sound. This is how we test what is true and what is false. Because as much speculation that goes on with the bible, it has stood the test of time, it is the most debated book the world has ever seen. Jesus Christ is the most debated concept/person in the history of the world, and He never wrote a damn thing, and makes only an appearence five out of 66 books, and he is the hottest subject. that's pretty amazing! That totally destroys the concept of him not being real. Not only this but he met all 300 prophesies in the Dead Sea Scrolls. 2000 prophesies have been fulfilled in the bible that no one in the history of it can disprove sucessfully. It has withstood the beating and tearing apart for centuries in both the hands of InI and babylon. Jesus Christ said that no word would be removed even with the slightest brush of the pen, His Majesty come now and tell the world the no matter the version it remains the same and eternal. So it seems as if Jesus comes to tell the world it will bne so, then He returns in the fullness of Haile I to now address the world by saying, yes it has remained the same. Those would be big words for someone who couldn't account for all of history. So how does He know? Would such a person of such education make such a bold and to the point statement without evidence or knowledge? No. He must be able to account for the times, through out time no one named Ras Tafari was to be found. It is because Haile I Selassie I is the Almighty God, and His Judgement is worthy because He has seen everything in the history of man that InI cannot account for, no secrets before Jah Jah.

I see such a corolation between His Majesty and the image of the Character of Jesus Yeshewa Christ, along with prophecy, that i could never deny that the bible is just folly, I want to make sure I have my facts though.

A book has just been written and should be available for purchase in July of this year. Its called "The Last Prophecy." Look for it a onedropbooks.com. It is written to show the corolation between Jesus's return in the Fullness of Haile Selassie and also discusses some of the other themes with in the book of revelation dealing with INI. I highly recommend that INI look to these things to validate our thinking. Why, so we have proof? Well in a sense yes. But it is a proof to teach not a proof to preach.

I would really like to know how many of you including myself, feel that you could take on a biblical scholar and have a full on debate about Rastafari and why He is God Almighty. You may think that it isn't important, but one day when you come face to face with a question about your faith, and it is itching at you on the inside what will you decide to do? Will you continue to believe what you think or thought you believed? Would you loose the debate merely because Haile Selassie isn't God, or because you lacked the information nessicary to present your case? Take marijuana for instance. If I wasn't so educated about pot, what reason would I have to not accept propaganda? Its due to the lack of education and information of subject matter that the masses has fallen into the slump that it finds itself in today. It's due to lack of info that people become racist, atheist, or whatever else.

We need to be able to prove our stand point, or how do you know that you really stand at all to begin with? Are we testing our theory? Not that it needs an answer, but how many of you/us are willing to test your/our faith? Could you stand in a debate? If not why? If yes why? If Rastafari say that we should be educated, that means that there should be those there to educate as well. So if InI just go around believing what we believe and don't ever challange the concepts, how are we adding to the progression of Rasta education? If we just go with the theory, "Well, it makes sense to me," this isn't going to educate anyone on anything. We need information and prophesy to speak for us, its out there.

Higher Reasonings bredren and sistren

Ras Zion I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 6/8/2005 1:45:32 PM

But how can you test faith. A test is when you measure something up against something that you consider to be an authority. But I and I faith is the only auhtority I and I know. So there is no way to test faith by measuring it up against faith.
I can test the words and teachings that people bring by measuring it up against I and I faith. And that is the order when one's bring questions and theories. I and I have to put I faith first and then the questions and theiries will fall into proper place and it will all make sense.
Once I and I hold I heights and stay grounded in reality then nothing can ever stand against I for a second.

Culture makes sense to everybody, it is natural. It is just that many have not heard the words so they don't have that power of the words tradition. It is not something new or strange that I and I know as rasta so there is no need for any big debate or controversy. It is just life, natural and simple.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 6/8/2005 2:14:51 PM

Right but it's not about how it makes sense to us, its trying to relate it to those who can't see. Remember that He didn't come for the rightous, but for sinners, those who haven't seen the light. He was bringing them truth that had foundation and was undeniable through the tradition of word. So we must also do the same.

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 6/9/2005 11:41:49 AM

True I.
Here is a link to The Bible (KJV) that in I opinion has a little more precise search capabilities than the one on this page:

http://www.hti.umich.edu/k/kjv/

I enjoy the philosophical reasonings with the I's here.

Word Sound and Power.

Messenger: IRIE LION Sent: 6/9/2005 1:20:23 PM

RASTAFARI IS THE TRUTH. THE TRUTH IS THE LIGHT. THE LIGHT IS WITHIN ALL MAN, JUST AS RASTAFARI DWELL WITHIN THE HEART OF ALL FLESH. SO THEREFORE THE TRUTH IS IN ALL MAN. IT IS A TREASURE WITHIN, THAT YOU MUST HUNT FOR AND DIG UP. SEEK HIM FIRST, AND WHAT IS HIDDEN WILL BE FOUND. ASK, AND YOU WILL BE TOLD. KNOCK, AND HE WILL OPEN THE DOOR.

NOT EVERYONE HAS FOUND THE TRUTH, FOR THEY ARE NOT SEARCHING FOR IT IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUTH, SO THERE IS ONLY ONE PATH TO SEE THIS LIGHT OF TRUTH. PEOPLE ARE LOOKING TOWARDS AN IMAGE, AND PRAISING THE IMAGE. JAH IS NOT AN IMAGE, FOR I AND I AM THE IMAGE OF GOD. SO I WOULD NEVER WORSHIP AND PRAISE ISELF. JAH COMES MORE LIKE A CONSCIOUSNESS. PEOPLE IN SEEK OF TRUTH, MUST FIRST THROW AWAY ALL THERE BRAINWASHING AS A YOUTH, AND START A SEARCH ON THERE OWN. YOUTHS BEING TAUGHT IN THE CHRISTIAN OR CATHOLIC OR MUSLIM OR WHATEVER ELSE THEY ARE TOLD, MUST ALL BE THROWN AWAY, AND SEEK GOD FOR THEMSELVES, THEN THE TRUTH WILL BE FOUND THROUGH GUIDANCE OF THE MOST HIGH IREATOR.

Messenger: IRIE LION Sent: 6/9/2005 1:24:18 PM

IN SIMPLICITY OF HEART SEEK HIM.

KNOW THAT

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 6/9/2005 7:48:22 PM

Are you saying your positive in your every action you are on the true path to the Truth?

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 6/10/2005 1:57:21 AM

Greets Dreadnut

Why do you need to justify your knowledge of the divinity of HIM with the Bible?

Check it: the first Christians didn't have a Bible. They had maybe one or two gospels that the particular community they belonged to read. Some Christians didn't even have any writings, but took the divinity or messiahship of Yshua by faith. One doesn't need words written by the hands of man to sight up His Majesty, or even Yshua imo. Nor does one need words to live a Good Life and Love their neighbors. DON'T GET ME WRONG HERE...I read the Bible daily, as well as the other Gospels that were left out, and I find great direction, Inspiration, and advice in it, but I do not sight the Bible as infalliable, nor do I sight up every thing I read in the Bible. Either one sights Haile Selassie I as divine, or one does not. But even then I do not see this as criteria for being a Rasta, becuase I personally know quite a few Ras that do not sight HIM as divine. All in all, we have to look at the Living Word behind the dead script...we need to be writing our own Gospels and Revelations.

Peace and Many Blessings
Jeff

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 6/10/2005 2:48:50 AM

HAHAHAHA! A true word my bredren! Much due raspect and love to this man. I completly agree. I just want people to have something behind their faith. I am one who also needs no bible to see His Majesty I as God Almighty, but I think that it is important for InI to be able to show people where we come from, because outside of the tangible it could be hard to express our sighting of Haile I. I see people who used to see His Majesty as the true and living, but due to crapaganda they have lost their faith. The EOC down in Jamaica is acually on a mission to convert Rastas. I am sure that we've all read the abuna article which Nyah Japhet tore to peices, but it was his iducation that allowed him to do so. I guess I want to stress education, especially with His Majesty.

But again my bredren wonderful reasoning, my Jah Rastafari guide and protect the I and his yuke.

Blessed

Messenger: gideon Sent: 6/10/2005 1:14:30 PM

Well, education is just learning a way to express what you know. It is different from knowing something. So it is good for us to learn to express ourselves for the sake of our nation, but not for the sake of truth. Truth is truth whether you can say it or not.
I think the main thing stopping people from being able to explain the truth is that we try to see the truth in terms of other things, like concepts that we learned as children. But it is more simple than even those basic concepts that we learned then.
The word "truth" itself is so basic, and the concept behind that word. That is what faith is. I think that the only thing that stops us from communicating about Jah word to our brethren is that we overcomplicate and try to fit the word into a context. We have to realize that the word IS the context of life already. From a person is there reasoning with you the context of life and truth is there already. So we need to reason from that foundation and don't try to make any other thing the foundation.
For you to reason using the bible then you have to know how to translate from the natural knowledge of everyday experience into the forms and messages of the bible.
In short, simplicity is the answer.
Thanks for the post, it is very crucial and vital.

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I