Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=856&start_row=1

THE RAPTURE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: BIGA FIRE Sent: 6/1/2005 9:45:57 PM

IDRENS AND SISTRENS THIS RAPTURE IS SO REAL ONLY HE WHO SEEKS CAN PROVE THIS,A FEW DAYS AGO I SAT WITH MY BOOKS AND THIS VIBES CAME OVER IMAN
HE WHO LIVETH MOST RIGHT SHALL BE TAKEN FIRST SO A MESSAGE FROM BIGA FIRE WE MUST STRIVE TO ENOCH LEVELSBLESSED LUV SELAH SELASSIE I RULE

Messenger: perkiperks Sent: 12/14/2009 12:29:12 PM

Idren and Sistren, I joined this forum to learn more about the Rasta belief in the rapture, which is a peculiarly Christian phenomenon. I would be interested to hear from you all what it is you believe, if you believe in the rapture and the basis for that belief. Peace.

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 12/14/2009 2:22:47 PM

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 12/14/2009 11:00:16 PM

Jah Bird,

Give Thanks for the song, it was very good. What is the name?

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 12/14/2009 11:00:30 PM

In regards to the rapture, as some Christians believe in the rapture, I don't agree. I don't think everyone will just vanish or something in an instant, like in the Left Behind Christian book series. That is not to say this is not Revelation time, because Selassie I opened the Seven Seals, bringing forth Judgement on Babylon.

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 12/16/2009 2:15:01 PM

I think that the Rapture refers to Judgement Day.

Here are Selassie I's words from My Life and Ethiopia's Progress Vol 2 which refers to the Day of Rapture:

"It is to be remembered that the Archbishop of eastern Ethiopia, Abuna Petros, was executed by a firing squad on Hamle 22, 1928 [July 29, 1936] at the orders of the brutal Graziani, thus becoming the first fallen martyr. On the same date, Hamle 22, 1933 [July 29, 1941], We laid the cornerstone of a monument for him. With his last breath, Abuna Petros said, “Behold the land of Ethiopia; be cursed, if you accept the enemy.” This immortal saying shall be instructive until the Day of Rapture. Since Ethiopia kept [faithful] to the last admonition of His Grace Abuna Petros, We decided to erect a monument for [him] on the same spot his innocent blood had been spilled. The words “do not be afraid of those who kill your flesh, for they cannot kill your soul” . . . produced thousands of Ethiopian martyrs."

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 12/17/2009 2:33:49 PM

Greetings Eleazar it is Dezarie's song called 'HAIL JAH' beautyful voice....sorry for the delay on the answer.
Haile I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/19/2009 1:15:53 AM

The idea of the rapture is based on this.
--------------------------
Luke 17
[24] For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.
[25] But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
[26] And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
[27] They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
[28] Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
[29] But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
[30] Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
[31] In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
[32] Remember Lot's wife.
[33] Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
[34] I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
[35] Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
[36] Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
[37] And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.
--------------------------

I don't put too much thought into things like this, the explanation of what exactly this thing some people call the rapture doesn't have much relevance in I Life. The relevance I take from this scripture is the push and drive to Correct Iself, come closer to Selassie I and Live as One, so that I am not on the side of babylon when judgement comes.

Messenger: Sanjaiah Sent: 12/21/2009 4:52:33 PM

Yes I believe in the rapture not from what some one has told me, or from what I have heard from the Christain church. But from my very own personal experience,I experieced a taste of the rapture doing a very devastating time of my life, I had lost my daughter of six weeks old. and I went in to my kitchen because I had a wonderful view of the heavens, and with my other daughter of a year and a half in my arms I began to cry out to Most High JAH, and pour out my heart and soul to my God, and I began to feel my spirit being drawn towards heaven, the noise from my surrounding began to grow very faint, their was a banging on my door and I refused to open it. I was being drawn away from this world and it was so beautiful, I was ready to leave this place of torment,j struggle and pain, I could actually feel my Spitit leaving my body. Then I was inturruped by my husband at the time, When we rapture up from this place of evil, those of us who are living a pure life unto Jah, and looking for the promise of the return of his son, And those who are looking to be raptured up I belive and I know that the rapture of the chosen ones will in deed be raptured up. their are some spiritual things that one must experience for your self, only threw and by seeking the truth in JAH'S will his mysteries be reveiled unto those who seek in spirit and in truth, I hope that my post will encourage you to seek the Truth of the Word JAH, and be true to the things that you have learned even unto death. May the Blessing of JAh Be upon you my brother LOVE Sanjaiah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/21/2009 10:47:51 PM

That is terrible what happened to your daughter. I hope the I and your family are doing better now.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I