Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=848&start_row=11

REPATRIATION IS A MUST

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 5/28/2005 2:39:52 PM

Remember the wordsof Haile Selassie I speech when he speak on how we our equal no matter the color of our skin. Therefore we shouldnt be focused on "black & white", be focused on Jah. Christians didnt take the Jewish out of Jesus, read it up with have whats called the EOC, they are Christians.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 5/28/2005 3:28:22 PM

"UNTIL THAT DAY, the African continent will not know peace. We Africans will fight if we find it necessary, as we know we shall win, as we are confident in the victory of good over evil..."

-Emperor Haile Selassie I

+++

"The events of the past hundred and fifty years require no extended recitation from Us. The period of colonialism into which we were plunged culminated with our continent fettered and bound, with our once proud and free peoples reduced to humiliation and slavery; with Africa's terrain cross-batched and checker-boarded by artificial and arbitrary boundaries. Many of us, during those bitter years, were overwhelmed in battle, and those who escaped conquest did so at the cost of desperate resistance and bloodshed. Others were sold into bondage as the price extracted by the colonialists for the "protection" which they extended and the possession of which they disposed. Africa was a physical resource to be exploited an Africans were chattels to be purchased bodily or, at best, peoples to be reduced to vassalage and lackeyhood. Africa was the market for the produce of other nations and the source of the raw materials with which their factories were fed.

"Today, Africa has emerged from this dark passage. Our Armageddon is past. Africa has been reborn as a free continent and Africans have been reborn as free men. The blood that was shed and the sufferings that were endured are today Africa's advocates for freedom and unity. Those men who refused to accept the judgment passed upon them by the colonies, who held unswervingly through the darkest hours to a vision of an Africa emancipated from political, economic and spiritual domination, will be remembered and revered wherever Africans meet. Many of them never set foot on this continent. Others were born and died here. What we may utter today can add little to the heroic struggle of those who, by their example, have shown us how precious are freedom and human dignity and of how little value is life without them. Their deeds are written in history."

-His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/28/2005 7:42:13 PM

ME SAY WAR!

RSK

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 5/28/2005 9:43:40 PM

You just showed how right I am, I said im not for restoring a "black" nation, Africa & "black" are seperate you dig. I am not fighting for races im fighting for huMANS.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 5/28/2005 11:37:48 PM

Africa and black are not seperate.. will never be seperate. InI don't dig bredren. Read up Nyahbinghi and iditate the roots of LIFE.. black is first, black is creation, black is Africa.. Black is InI RastafarI.

Don't fear the blackness, Amerikkka has got folks in a whole lot of mental chains and they are not broken by ignorance painted as consciousness. Babylon wants InI to fear the blackness. (I strongly recommend reading the Autobiography of Malcolm X.)

*And let InI not forget that His Majesty was speaking to the world's white bigger heads when he did the War speech, as the global race issue is from the white man's downpression on the colored man. It is the white man who has colonized the lands, raped the people and keep the "third world" countries enslaved. Keep something in mind: black and white goes deeper than skin color(race). This is the current reality bredren, you're white if you don't realeyes this.

"Until all Africans are free, none are free." - Haile Sellassie I

Keep the fyah burning

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 5/29/2005 12:06:41 AM

In Africa not all our black, when Selassie I spoke it was from him heart. He was speaking for AFRICANS not blacks, what word is that anyways??Word made by Babylon used to downpress. Black is Creation, would be racist to the lightskinned followers of RastafarI. "Babylon wants InI to fear the blackness", them created it. Say what you want but it is your miseducation to beleive, no colors! HUMANS! The more you use colors the more you seperate us, believe what you what I believe what I will.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 5/29/2005 1:58:48 AM

Ras EliJAH

We can agree to disagree, but I also feel that you should educate yourself a little more on African issues...BLACK issues (Africa and black not one and the same???what? Would you say the same for the Chinese or Japanese?). To speak of blackness IS NOT racism towards whites. After 400 years of WHITE COLONIALISM AND IMPERIALISM, non-white people have more than enough reason to take pride in their ethnicity and culture. How can you as a white guy come into a predominately black movement and say that they should be color blind? When are white people and the white power system gonna be colorblind? Almost every day my white brothers and sisters say rcaist remarks to me, thinking I am right along there with them....RACISM IS ALIVE AND WELL, AND IT IS ARROGANT FOR YOU TO TELL OTHERS ABOUT ONE LOVE AND TELL OTHERS NOT TO TAKE PRIDE IN THEIR BLACKNESS.

There weren't very many white Africans before the African slave trade...and it wasn't the few, IF ANY, white Africans that were made slaves, dig?

Blessings
Jeff

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 5/29/2005 10:02:22 AM

I NEVER SAID THEY SHOULDNT TAKE PRIDE STOP MISREADING MY WORDS, I SAY TAKE PRIDE IN BEING AFRICAN. The more we continue with using colors the more seperate ourselves. When Selassie I spoke he didnt speak on black he spoke on African, in the Bible it never said "black", and I brethren in my community agree with I words stop misreading AND YOU need to get educated. Once again i'll say BLACK PRIDE & WHITE PRIDE creaters seperation & most of the time racism, Pride for AFRICA creates a solution for all colors. I never said they color blind I said we should look at each other as humans not keep with this black white nonsense.

Stop thinking how Babylon wants you to, they trying to seperate us.

Their were WHITE slaves, but they were enslaved by Spain, the ones who created the word negreo & such. When you speak WHITE colonailist, you should say colonialist, if your speaking to someone that know of that time, they already know the color of their skin it is not needed to state it.

My brothers in my community when I speak to them I dont say black, I say brother or I state their name, black this black that white this white that seperates brothers.

Ras ELIjah

Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 5/29/2005 10:41:08 AM

greetings in the name of the MOST HIGH GOD...HAILE SELASSIE I...JAH RASTAFAR I

this is this sis' first time posting here although i have been reading the board for many months.
repatriation is something that belongs ONLY to black people that were stolen from their lands in AFRIKA
some do not want to face the fact that the livity of RASTAFAR I is first and foremost a BLACK MAN's trod........it is first and foremost a BLACK MAN's trod....seen.
white people CANNOT repatriate, nor are they eligible for reparation funds. white people or other races within the livity can RELOCATE....never REPATRIATE.
when the average white person, even within this trod, hears this, they get somewhat peeved and defensive. this is called white privelege. you cannot take over something that was not yours to begin with. you cannot take what is not owed you. seen? ones that are not of black descent cannot take over RASTAFAR I. we can love the MOST HIGH SELASSIE I and work within this livity to help forward positive vibrations and do what we can to assist in any area, but it is not our livity to take over.....seen? that does not make white rasta any lower in the livity than black rasta, as we all love HIM....but it does put the direction of this livity in the proper hands, which is in the hands of the black man......seen.......we are here to be planted in whatever venue we are called on to help...... forward education about repatriation and reparations to the white massive whose ignorance makes them blind to the fact that these things are owed to the black man...seen? we are here to make sure that the average white man SEES with open eyes what is owed to ones his ancestors stole away in the night from their families and land......seen?
so yes, race does matter in rastafar I.....because it is ultimately a black man's trod.
irish indentured slaves and alla them things have nothing to do with afrika......nothing atall.....seen.......most indentured were spared a life in prison for crimes they committed if they AGREED to go to places like austrailia and so to work their TIME off....seen.....it has nothing to do with slavery........to try and say these things is a form of white privelege and a form of not facing up to TRUTH AND RIGHTS............it is a refusal to admit that your WHITE ancestors, wherever they were or are, are representative of the ongoing colonializm that still exists in this time...seen?
bottom line.....WHITE (inclusive of all ethnicities that appear white) people were slavemasters and are still in this time attempting to hold the black man down.
when these things are faced head on by ones and dealt with...WITHIN THIS LIVITY, then this sis, as a white rasta myself, will be excited to reason about this. but....UNTIL THAT DAY........ones must face themselves and do a lot of searching within to get rid of WHITE PRIVELEGE.......ones have NO TIME for white privelege in this livity....seen?

more love
SELASSIE I
everytime
Sis Irijah

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 5/29/2005 11:07:36 AM

That type of mess creates more seperation between Jah people. Most Africans arent even "black" do you not see how that word was created by Babylon!?!? Brown pride if anything, but see once again it seperates Jah's children. Even the darkest brothers arent exzactly black, its nonsense we are huMANS its time we rocgnize or its going to create more more problems, we sopose to love eachother not seperate & distinguish who has a higher livity.

Ras ElIjah

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 36

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I