Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=791&start_row=1

True King

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/25/2005 7:25:32 AM

Bless

The other day i was reasoning with a bredda from Ethiopia. He is not (yet) a rastafari and he was asking me about Rasta livity and i tried to explain as clearly as i could.I myself am from Addis Ababa and i regret to tell the I dem there are still some ignorant and careless Ethiopians who feel that I&I as rasta have no right to claim Ithiopian culture as our own forgeting that we are all one blood and not realizing that our King is the Rightful Ruler for the whole Earth. Anyway, he finally says to i " why do you rastas call eachother by the title Ras, this is a royal title and should not be used by any average person".
I took a deep breath and suddenly i remembered something i read years ago although i cant recall where. This is what i said
"A true teacher is not the teacher who has the most number of students but the one who makes the most number of teachers out of those students.
A true king is not the king with the most number of subjects, but the one who leads the most number of subjects into Royalty"

Selassie I Liveth
Thy Loyal Son

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 4/25/2005 1:01:12 PM

I havent heard these worlds before but it clearly makes sense. I & I agree with em. If you do find were you read this please post it I would love to know. I am a I who believes he must move to Africa, even though my skin isnt as dark as other huMANS, I do not believe this should hold me back, or from making friends, or future friends from relating to I.

My biggest worry is when I go to Jamaica on a cruise im attending for a Graduation present from my parents. I have heard that Jamaica's people are very hostile towards lighter people, I want to be as equal as other Ras's apon the Island. I wonder how my trip will play out because I want to visit the hills and meet as many of Jah's righteous children as possible.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/25/2005 2:37:25 PM

While all fo the world holds it predjudices, Jaimaicans are wondeful people and they know that a lot of their business comes from the great influx of visitors from all over the world not only Americans. So I think that you will find them to be very recieving and welcoming.

Blessed Love

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 4/25/2005 3:45:54 PM

Yes, bredren.

Every culture and "race" on earth is the same -in that they all have kind, accepting people -as well as racist, ignorant people. Each country on Earth is capable of producing prophets and serial killers alike. Each human thinks for themself, and the more enlightened, intelligent people realize skin color is nothing to judge someone by. Remember His words "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes..." Immagine if people were "racist" according to eye color.. rediculous, right? Same with skin color. If one sees black and white and asian..etc.. they see differences --thier mind is limited. One should know all people, regardless of color and creed, are the same people. We are all made from the same mud. We all bleed the same blood. Each person feels pain, and has a fragile body.

Each race has it's place... Ham, Japhet, and Shem were brothers, though, and each was to serve the other. Ham was supposed to inherit the birthright, Shem was to serve Ham, and Japhet was to serve both his brothers. Ham's descendants inherited Africa, Shem's -Asia, and Japhet -Europe (in general.. there is more to it obviously) Ok, this is just the history... so why the pride? Why does one race ever feel superior? There is no reason for it. Service to one's brother is nothing negative. We know Africa is the land of Kings, but Jah made Europe and Asia also... Jah made all people... If they find men on Mars.. Jah made them too. Racial bickering is for the simpleminded.

I guess all I am saying is you might find a few racist Jamaicans, I know there are some. But I bet you will find more love and acceptance than anything. The Jamaican people are generally very intelligent --and close to Jah. Did you notice the hurricaine that devastated Haiti was going directly toward Jamaica, then at the last minute, dodged Jamaica -then got right back on the same path and kept going. Why?

I and I hope you enjoy the trip and learn plenty.

Selassie I Bless.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 4/25/2005 6:25:30 PM

ElIjah,

Which port will you be stopping at in Jamaica? I assume Ocho Rios?
I could hook you up with a contact that lives about 2 hours away from Ocho Rios that you could hook up and reason with. You would have to call this person ahead of time to make a time since you will probably only be in port for +/- 5 hours. Also if you do come into Ocho Rios I recommend to do the bus tour to Nine Mile and pay Bob Marley a visit (before he gets relocated to Africa, I read something about this). Anyway, Ocho Rios is allright, you get offered ganja all over in JA and people try to get you in their shops.

Let me know if you want the name and number. This brother is a true Rasta and a gentle loving soul and I find him a man of his word.

Blessings,

Bergy

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 4/25/2005 6:28:18 PM

The mountains and hills in St. Ann Parish are beautiful and I did not find any hostility at all. Some of the more rural people are very loving and always smiling people. I only have good memories and felt very inspired when visiting Marley's birth place/ resting place.

Blessings

Bergy

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 4/25/2005 6:52:41 PM

I am not sure brother, I am heading in around August. I dont have the information on my arriving location set just yet, but I shall inform when the time comes.

As for the brethren, I will gladly meet he who follower of HIM. I will contact you sooner to my date, so you can inform he and I.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ras TajarI Sent: 4/27/2005 5:06:25 PM

BLESS FOR YOUR KNOWLEDGE
BLESS....MAY JAH-RASTAFARI BLESS YOU 24/7....

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/28/2005 1:15:22 AM

Ras Tafari....in this time..

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I