Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=784&start_row=1

JAH Music

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Legacy Sent: 4/21/2005 6:11:49 PM

peace and love, bredren and sistren...I try a find JAH music in the stores here, but I do not know many. Can the InI give I some names of conscious and rasta musician? Give thanks and praise.

I already listen a some conscious rap like KRS-One, dead prez, Mos Def, as for JAH music, I listen a JAH Marley (of course), and also Peter Broggs, Burning Spear. Any other InI suggest?

blessings and strength,
~sis Legacy

Messenger: Kike_Roots Sent: 4/21/2005 7:35:27 PM

YOu should look for the tru rasta music not comercial reggae non dancehall thats a bunch of Babylon. Try to find Groundation, S.O.J.A., Midnite, Israel vibrations ect. Jah will guide

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/21/2005 10:25:07 PM

Definatly get groundation! Groundation is amazing as well as midnite. I would also reccomend the Itals, Culture, and Yahadanai

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/22/2005 9:51:23 AM

Yes I

i man think that Midnite is probably the best band doing real roots music right now.
As for what Kike_Roots has said i think that right now there are still some artists who might be classified as dancehall but are carrying Jah Words and Works thru the four corners of the earth, artists like
Luciano, Norris Man, I-Wayne Jah Mason and ofcourse right at the forefront is i incarcerated bredda, Jah Cure

Blessed Love

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 4/22/2005 11:51:06 AM

Marley's children have all produced great music as well. Ziggy Marley is a favorite and his earlier group with brothers and sisters called the Melody Makers. I really like the MM early stuff.

Peace.

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 4/22/2005 1:15:35 PM

Also. a lot of great earlier Roots JAH inspired music. Ska Rastas like the Skatalites, who were musically inspired by JAH. Roots musicians like Toots and the Maytals, Niney, Big Youth, Dennis Brown, and don't forget the other Wailers Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer.

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 4/23/2005 11:57:57 AM

Gregory Isaacs, Dennis Brown, Augustus Pablo, The Wailers, Mutabaruka, The Abyssinians, Ras Michael and The Sons of Negus, Count Ossie and The Mystic Revelation of RastafarI, ...

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 4/23/2005 10:59:01 PM

JAH Shaka, Garnett Silk, Mutabaruka....

JAH BLESS

Messenger: Legacy Sent: 4/25/2005 3:54:28 PM

I-dren, give thanks for the recommendations. I will look for those artists in the local stores, as well as in the stores when I return to a more conscious place.
It is so hard a find good music to keep InI spirit pure and uplifted. Thanks again for the suggestions!
~Sis Legacy

Messenger: RAS B Sent: 4/26/2005 5:31:53 AM

Greetin's

Tha late Garnett Silk , Natty King an' Buju Banton shoul' do.

Jah fya bunn
Wada man

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I