Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7765&start_row=1

Natural hair

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Alabaster ointmnt Sent: 10/30/2022 9:15:16 PM

do men like to see black women with their natural hair?is it corporate professional for women to wear locs? Can you get and maintain a good job/find a spouse with your hair locs?

Messenger: Arma Gideon Sent: 10/30/2022 11:10:21 PM

Heartigal Greetings to all :

I&I will try to answer this question from I&I vantage point. In the question you put forth you "blanket" all men , for it did not seem you are referring to Rastamen . "do men like to see black women with their natural hair?" to ask that question is to forget that there are many trees in the garden and they attract those whom are interested in a[any] specific tree(s). Yes SOME men like women with natural hair , and they are all not Rastamen. Nubian brothers , Hebrew brothers ,Kemetic brothers , Moorish brothers , Caribbean brothers , etc etc etc , all love sisters with the natural essence of womenhood . So it really boils down to whom you wish to appeal to or draw near to you. But do remember what makes a Rastawombman different from a Dreadlock women, once one overstand that then your livity comes to the forefront not just locks .... for a man may take your natural lock but not your trod as a Rastafarian Empress.

is it corporate professional for women to wear locs? It all depends on the Sistren , for there are sisters in the corporate structure that went in with locks or locked up when the nappy natural hair movement was around , again this is not mentioning Rastawomen for a Rastawoman is coming with her Locks. I&I know many sisters in all walks of life
in the corporate - government - medical - law - private sectors that maintain their Fari Identity with no sell out. It comes down to what one can bear or stand up to.

Can you get and maintain a good job/find a spouse with your hair locs?
It seems that the I is not fully aware the strides Rastafari has made globally. Rastafari is in every sector of the work field . And as far as finding love/a spouse then the I is not respecting human nature.... "Love is where you find it" . you will attract who is attracted to you , locks or no locks . I&I natty has never stopped a woman [be she Fari or not] finding an interest in I&I ... and trust I , it has never ever been about I&I locks.

So in closing . If de I overstand the Inborn Concept then looking into the open One & One will see the fullness of Rastafari. Rastafari don't make converts , Rastafari frees one from the bondage of a reprobate mind & world.

I.N.R.I
Bless

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/31/2022 1:52:27 AM

Yes
yes
And
YES

JahJah please and thanks

Messenger: Arma Gideon Sent: 10/31/2022 7:57:25 AM

Blessed Greetings Garvey Africa , Give Thanks for the reply
Straight to the point

Jah guide & protect Ivermore

Messenger: Alabaster ointmnt Sent: 11/1/2022 8:26:19 PM

Bless

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 11/10/2022 3:17:36 PM

I love seeing natural hair but keep in mind that ANY hair can look good or bad depending on how well it's maintained vs style and color. So whether it's kinky or straight, that's not the end of the story. And the more a woman take care of herself and her own appearance the more a man may internalize that as a reflection of how she will care for her husband and children.

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I