Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7757&start_row=51

We don't come from evolution but we come from Creation

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 12/17/2022 3:42:18 PM

The distance between the sun and the earth is 108 times the diameter of the sun, and the distance between the earth and the moon is 108 times the diameter of the moon, and there are 108 chakras is the human body.
The angle formed between the extreme ends of either the sun or the moon by an observer from the surface of the earth are equal, so that the size sun and the moon seem equal to the naked eye.
How now? Could this be by trial and error, or by DESIGN? Then WHO ? ? ?

Who made the sun shine, who made the moon light, who made the birds? Who made the bees? Only Jah Jah can tell….(Yami Bolo)

What was hidden from the wise and the prudent, was revealed to the babes and suckling …(Matthew 11:25)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/18/2022 11:50:18 PM

And thats approx 400,000km to the moon and 150M Km to the sun.
Light travels at 300,000km/hour or 6 trillion miles per year

I think all people should walk with and consider this information. Dont ask me why.

The angular information for any celestial object from perspective of being stood on Earth, is known as the Azimuth

Study the heavens, alway.

Selah

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 12/20/2022 3:16:58 AM

Was liatening to AM radio and this creation moments message was played. Went to their website and lots of thoughful research and reasoning for a divive Creator. Including the sun, moon size/distance Radtafari work mentioned. Here is another blow to evolutionists, check out their site @ creationmoments.com

"According to evolutionary thought, humans came from ape-like creatures. These ape-like creatures came from reptiles through many steps. Likewise, reptiles ultimately came from fish, through many steps. Evolutionists say that with each major stage, more parts were added to the brain. The final development, and the greatest of all, is the cerebral cortex.

According to this theory, one of the oldest parts of the brain is the part deep inside. Evolutionists claim that this part of the brain, called the basal ganglia, comes from our reptilian past. They have described this part of the brain as “primitive.” It controls such simple things as movement and spatial memory. These are basic functions needed by reptiles. Of course, the evolutionary view that the basal ganglia is primitive was never scientifically researched.

Then researchers started to examine the workings of the basal ganglia. They have concluded that the deep structures of the brain that are supposed to be primitive are actually quite sophisticated. In fact, these so-called reptilian structures rival the cerebral cortex in sophistication. These structures receive input from all parts of the cortex. And all the neurochemicals found anywhere else in the body are also found in these structures. In other words, there is absolutely no evidence of their being primitive.

Once again, scientific research has not found what evolutionists expected. The human brain has not developed by adding parts to reptile brains. It was specially created just for human beings."

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/4/2023 6:02:05 PM

Believe in Science or God? Watch this to STOP Wasting your Life in 2023 | Swami Mukundananda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVvpWbIoo-0

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/4/2023 6:05:25 PM

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 1/20/2023 5:44:06 PM

I will probably have more time to respond to specific arguments in this thread next week. Just been busy.

The distance between the earth and sun is irrelevant. Why? Because life adapts. There is life in part of this planet where you and I could not survive. Many of us live in places where we couldn't survive without the skins and furs of other animals. If creation is so perfect and designed with us in mind, then why wouldn't we be equipped with thicker skin or whatever needed to survive in different climates on this "perfectly" placed earth? I can complain about my pipes busting but the reality is that I'm thankful to live in a house that can protect me from the cold. Any time you have to add something man-made or artificial on top of your natural body as a barrier that is not God/creation... that's adaptation.

And we even adapt to the adaptation by demanding everyone wears clothes. When was the last time you saw someone walking around naked and it wasn't a problem?

Look, if we lived on a different planet that life was able to exist and flourish on, we'd be having the same conversation with different numbers involved for the distance. And our bodies would be different in order to handle that difference. That's what people don't seem to understand about evolution and the human body. Yes, it is absolutely amazing but it is also absolutely weak and frail.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 1/20/2023 5:55:10 PM

When it comes to organ complexity... when I was young I fell for this. I fell for the argument about the human eye and how complex it was. Animals eyes are also complex and there are many animals who can see better than us and many animals who can't see color.

The fact that our eyes aren't the best should tell us something. They adapt according to need. The needs of an eagle are not the same as a man's. So these arguments of human superiority are more fiction than fact. When you understand the complexity in animals you can see how we came from and still are animals.

However, the components themselves... like the eye... also evolved from very simple forms. Do your research and you will find earlier forms of eyes in animals that have much fewer cells. When you look at these organisms you start to see a bigger picture. Why would a designer create single-cell organisms and dinosaurs and other animals that are now extinct? These animals were not all "made" in order to survive the conditions on this planet. They simply adapt and evolve and those who do not adapt fast enough, or run fast enough, die and are food for those who can run faster.

This is more than just what it sounds. This is an equation for life. Life consumes life in ways that require it to use energy more efficiently. Watch a wild animal hunt and then understand why and for how long it sleeps. There is balance. And if we don't understand it then we don't understand why natural organisms have a need to adapt in the first place. Why would they need to if they were perfect? This is an idealistic view. In reality, the concept of perfection is just a construct that keeps us searching for something better. And by reaching for it we get better. It is by reaching (out of necessity) that evolution happens. This is why it is said that necessity is the mother of all invention.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/25/2023 12:50:47 PM

The distance between the earth and sun is irrelevant. Why? Because life adapts.

Really?

Then in all the planets in the known universe, there should be life, by trial or error. The probability of life existing, without intervention by any deliberate conscious intelligence or entity is not zero. So there is no creator, so to speak. Just natural coincidence, by chance, easy.

But I & I know , RasTafarI lives & rules & reigns over all creation.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 1/25/2023 2:52:38 PM

I can tell you are a logical thinker, and that's good, but here is the problem. If you said "I know the creator exists" you are simultaneously saying that life can exist without a creator. Because if the creator is, himself, alive, then where did that life come from? Was it created? Or did it always exist? If it always existed then there is no need to explain the existence of life with a conscious entity as its point of origin. Do you see?

I really want people to understand this so we can move forward in terms of thought and ideas. You are all intelligent people. That's why you're here.

How can a Creator have created life if the Creator wasn't alive? If Life requires a creator then it could not exist because a living creator would be a PARADOX. What we have always seen is that life creates life. And this is where creationists and evolutionists agree. Because the theory of evolution DOES NOT SAY that life came from nothing. Evolution simply describes how life comes from life. Evolution does not dictate the origin of life.

AND NEITHER DOES THE BIBLE.

The bible only describes an origin of HUMANITY. Not life. If it gave us an origin for life it would have to explain how God, who people believe to be alive, came into existence. It does not do this which means the bible does not contain an origin for life. It knows exactly no more about this than evolution does.

So why are you, or anyone else for that matter, so sure that you know who the Creator is? It's because someone told you. How do they know? Because someone told them. At some point this cycle has to start from somewhere and you are forced to believe that God, this concept that no ancient humans agreed on, told the story to one person in the midst of hundred of others making up hundreds of other stories about the same thing with not attempt to provide evidence or disprove or draw distinction from any of the other stories of creation.

But again, what I KNOW, is that the bible does not give us an origin story to life itself. So what we are left with is a logic puzzle.

If everything you see must have been created by a living Creator who possessed the knowledge, the skill, the science, to create everything in a way that clearly doesn't function by magic (ie we're not spirits), how can THAT being with all that power, how could it exist without being created by someone with the knowledge, the skill, the science, to create him? So if the reason you believe in a Creator is because of the greatness of Creation, then the Creator himself has to be far greater than Creation and thus the question how could he exist if he wasn't created? If a God with unlimited magical power can exist and create without the means of any technology or tool, then that means LIFE can exist and reproduce life without the means of any technology or tool. Do you see?

In fact, if nature doesn't contain any magic then nature wouldn't need magic to explain its ability to reproduce itself. This is why not only is God unnecessary to creation, God is a logical handicap of Creationist theory because another thing the bible never explains the origin of but has to rely on heavily... is the existence of MAGIC. And magic, like superstition, is an expression of human ignorance. To this very day, no one has ever successfully proven the existence of magic. So because it hasn't been proven nor its existence explained, we can conclude that, like the concept of race, it is simply a mental construct. In other words, it exists as far as we are willing and able to BELIEVE it exists. But it does not exist in reality.

So why do people believe these things so strongly? Is there a correlation to the power that religion tends to dictate over people's lives? Is it Babylon? How much freedom does the average religious person actually have to believe whatever they want? Think about this. One of the many reasons I value Rastafari so highly is because it stands against systemic oppression. But how many people have faced their own religious oppression? How many people would get excommunicated from their social and religious families if they didn't believe certain elements of doctrine? IMO, without forcing anyone to agree, religion coerces people to support certain ideas because of the consequences to them for not doing so. And it is challenging to face those consequences; especially if you feel like you're doing it alone.

Don't believe me? Consider this. On certain subjects, pay attention to whether or not everyone argues the merits of the subject strictly by their beliefs or the bible or if they say "that's not Rasta". The fault in this argument is that it is dependent on humans considered to be part of this group to be right without question. But this is a paradox because everything a rasta does is rasta. If a rasta has to do what another rasta does in order to be a rasta then one sheep is simply following another. And the first sheep is not necessarily smarter, wiser, or more informed than the last. And so if they're all going over a cliff they're too busy following the next sheep to notice or care. And what if it is the system, acting as shepherds, leading the first sheep? How would you know if you are just following the rest? So I say, do not be afraid to be different. Don't be afraid to not know everything or to allow yourself to need more evidence to be convinced.

Acts 19:26
Moreover ye see and hear, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath persuaded and turned away much people, saying that they be no gods, which are made with hands:

Romans 14:5
One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/26/2023 2:29:00 AM

And here we have reached the crossroads where one has to decide how much anthropomorphism one is willing to assign to the divine. ‘The creator’. Or the creator is the creation? Or the creator is not a creator per se but an unseen connecting force within creation? Etc and etc. Believers often interchange these terms and ideas freely from one thought to a next but there does come a time when one has to be precise, as all cannot be true. If sticking to the very humanised idea that there is a creatOR and grand designer who plans and thinks (very human) then who created ‘him?’ for lack of a better term. Or are we going with the physics theory ideology that the divine is some micro/macro quantum physical force or energy? Can forces and energies think and design? Can they send their only son into the world to save Christians etc?

Nice debate. Interested to hear both ideas on the matter

For I, there is only the I, and the power thereof, exhaulted in the name of Haile Selassie I. Of course I am talking beyond the flesh but I do not believe there is a creator in any kind of biblical overstanding anyway, only creation. The power isn’t with an overlord overseer it is within and a part of creation itself.

Also, reasoning life on other planets may be asanine as we can observe only a fraction of the known universe, in this universe which we do not know to be exclusive. For the little that can be observed there have been several potential galaxies with planets harbouring conditions similar to that of Earth, whereby life is or may be possible. This neither supports nor detracts from the grand designer argument but to think there is ONLY earth with these conditions is untrue.

The study of the Sun however should not be disencouraged as for millennia human beings in there various different forms and cultures have studied and worshipped or at least placed high reverence upon Solaris. The first image of God. Even if you don’t believe any of the ancient accounts of the divinity of Solaris at least they were right in acknowledging it’s importance in keeping InI and everything within what is observable to our naked eye, alive; as the highest overt energy source. Gwaan continue study Ra brethren. For the ones interested in the ‘heavens’ if you read the bible on the context that it is not a history book and completely a book of astrological allegory then it really can take on a whole new…light.

Blessed love to all

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I