Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=773&start_row=1

Animals

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 4/14/2005 8:15:33 AM

Blessings

-----Idren, this story is kind of long, and at first you will not see why it is called "Animals"...please read on, what happened was wonderful, but has a back story to it.

I was with my bredren yesterday, we decided to head to the park for a few spliffs. We could not find a place to sit and enjoy it because people were still in the park, despite the fact that we were in the woods (nature trail area) and it was getting dark. It was odd when we noticed, from about 100yards away, a man was trying to hide behind a tree and watch us. The only thing that gave him away was his light grey sweatshirt. We noticed that no matter where we moved to, he would follow, always staying behind a tree, trying to be unseen. We did not know if he was police or just some curious old man, so we decided to hold out on the spliffs, and mess with the guy instead. We then moved toward him, figuring we would blow up his spot by saying hello (and making him know we see him) ...but when we got near him, he disappeared. We looked al over the area for him, running at times. We finally gave up, but when we got back to where we were, we noticed the old man had not only somehow passed us, but did so amazingly quietly and quickly. So we decided to go through as we had planned, and went and started talking to him. We could tell there was something funny about him from how he was acting, but we only made friendly comments, noting how nice the day was and so on. The man did not talk much, but "politely" retreated to trees further back, and continued to watch us...... He would keep moving when we were not looking, so every time we turned around, he would be gone. If he was wearing dark colors, we would have never been able to see him.
This went on for like 30 minutes before we got tired of watching the man, who was about 200yards away by now, and decided to go about our business. We enjoyed a spliff. Afterward, we lit another one..... about half way through the second one, as we were just starting to relax and feel nice, a bird started going crazy in a tree somewhere. He started making loud, unusual noises, similar to a car alarm (two tones, alternating) I looked at my bredren and said it sounds like an alarm... making nothing of it, other than a strange sound. Then it dawned on me, and I told my bredren "Maybe he is trying to tell us something"... Just as I finished saying that and turned my head, we could see another man just coming around the corner. He walked right to us without seeing us. When he got right on us, he smelled a cigar I lit to mask the herb smell. He said hello, and that he didn't even notice us, and the only thing that gave us away was the tobacco smell. This man was also suspicious to us, in his body language, speach, and look. My bredren goes to school for criminal law, and thought he might be a cop (he usually is right about this) Anyway, we just talked friendly to this guy too, you know -about the weather and things... and he left abruptly, but as he did, the other man showed up out of nowhere... this time, he just stood right next to us, looking at us for a while. So we ignored him this time, burned the cigar, and kept talking, still surprised about the warning from the bird. After a while, the old man left again, back to exactly where he was 200yards away...thinking we could not see him. We finished the 2nd spliff, and left into the trails for the 3rd. We enjoyed the rest of our time...
I guess the point of saying all this is the "coincidence" involved.
Just before the bird had told us about the men coming, we had been talking about... "If we are both intensely watching this one man, who sneaks as if he has been trained to do so, ..who else might be looking at us too? We have 4 eyes, but how many do "they" have?" Now I know that 2 Ras in the woods have many more than 4 eyes... We have nature with us.. ---This is the same bredren who was smoking with me another time in different woods, and a family of rabbits came out (midspliff) and frolicked and played encircling us... which does not happen to the average man.
---This post is like 10 times longer than I intended, so I am cutting it short now. I guess my bottom line is, after this experience, I can personally feel how connected we are with nature, and know that all these other things (ie. those rabbits) are not "coincidence" at all --they just knew they were safe with us, and loved by us... Nature is part of us, and tries to protect us, never harm us. Nature only hurts people when they resist it. All we have to do, literally, is listen and pay attention. No coincidences, no chance, everything is intended, seen?

Selassie I Bless (and Jah bless that little bird)
Love and Respect ---Inity

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/14/2005 9:07:00 AM

I give thanks, its truth....we have to be one with eveything.

onelove

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 4/14/2005 12:46:19 PM

At the risk of sounding crazy to some...

I have had a connection with birds for a long time now. I do believe that animals can be messengers from the Creator.

JAH LOVE
Jeff

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 4/14/2005 2:03:44 PM

Jeff,

That's not crazy at all. I love birds and they are the carriers of our prayers to the Creator.

Jah bless
Matthew

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 4/14/2005 4:06:02 PM

Respect.

Messenger: JosephI Sent: 4/15/2005 7:45:08 PM

Give thanks for this story.
InI once had a similar experience while swimming in the altantic ocean a years ago....A HUGE school of dolphin not only swam right by me, but basically encirlced me! It was a little scary but an incredibly blessed and touching thing.
One Love
Joseph I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/16/2005 9:58:03 AM

INI give thanks for the JAH see throw the eye of His creations,JAH see all things.

onelove

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I