Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7633&start_row=71

ww 3

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 86
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 4/4/2022 12:56:22 PM

"Russell Edward Brand is an English comedian, actor, radio host and YouTuber."

He is a big conspiracy theorist either because it is the very definition of click-bait, or it is click bait because many people are naturally conspiracy theorists. You can decide which is more true on your own.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidiplacido/2021/09/29/the-backlash-against-russell-brand-explained/?sh=2fb2268c1e8f

"Is the British comedian Russell Brand becoming an alt-right influencer? "
"or is he simply catering to YouTube’s almighty, unknowable algorithm?"

That's the thing. It can be hard to tell.

But let's take Brand's dismissive analysis of "Russiagate"? Is it possible that he, a comedian, is better informed than everyone else and therefore we should be using him as a new source? (This is the equivalent of asking Jah Rule for his opinion about the current state of medicine).

Or is it possible that what I said before about Russian trolls and sockpuppets was true and that the propaganda this creates, on a large scale, because of planting it on thousands of different websites, creates an echo chamber in which ONLY the propaganda survives and influences people because of where it is and because of how much it is repeated?

Seth Abramson's Twitter Page

quote: I've been interviewed by Russell Brand. I think Brand is generally smart and well-intended. I’m also certain that the sum total of his knowledge about the Trump-Russia scandal is dogshit.

All that’s happened here is that Glenn Greenwald found another mark for his disinformation.

This is the intended purpose of disinformation. I've seen the automatic russian troll bots on youtube before. And I've dealt with actual human sockpuppets. This is the goal. They push pro-Russian propaganda out there like a marketing company selling chicken sandwiches. They want you to absorb it from non-credible sources like actors, comedians, radio show hosts, Tucker Carlson, etc. These people do not know they're compromised. That's the point and that's what makes it so effective.

People spread misinformation not knowing that it is disinformation.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/5/2022 5:43:50 AM

I like Russell as a free independant thinker. He has always been that way. InI dont have to agree with everything but I respect the thought process vocabulary use and ability to think outside the box or seperate to the common line of reason. Regardless of the genre or background these things will always stick out to I.

I posted Russel and knew there may be some backlash
So i posted the black nationalist champion and legend mr MANDINGO via Mutas platform also for balance i😂;

Haha respect

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 4/5/2022 11:30:03 AM

GA: I like Russell as a free independant thinker. He has always been that way. InI dont have to agree with everything but I respect the thought process vocabulary use and ability to think outside the box or seperate to the common line of reason. Regardless of the genre or background these things will always stick out to I.

That's the thing. You're not wrong for liking him. That's kinda the point.

Conspiracy Theories, by nature, are like tabloid magazines. People pick them up because they can't believe the story they're telling and want to see if it's true. But on the internet, this is simply "clickbait".

According to this Russel Brand makes between $138K to $3.1M annually. I'm sure you're already aware, that most comedians do not make anywhere near this kind of money. Joe Rogan has $100 million but it's because he's been doing the same thing for longer. Compare this with Joe Biden's net worth of only $9M (still a lot but not in comparison with Rogan).

Alex Jones, the man who started the commercialization of conspiracy theories in the US is worth around $135 million. And this dude begs for money as if the lights are about to be cut off. The point is there is a HUGE amount of money in conspiracy theories. And wealth is more than enough motive for people to talk about and even endorse conspiracy theories whether they personally believe them or not. Maybe Russell does believe what he's saying, but he's also making a LOT of money to convince you that he does. Joe Rogan is a bit more savvy about it. He has guests that he gives a platform to so that they can put out conspiracy theories and he can choose how much or little to push back on each guest.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/7/2022 12:34:52 AM

130K to 3M is too wide of a variation to interpret. Maybe the higher end wage is related to his other ventures as remember Russell became famous through acting in movies and television, and comedy; rather than conspiracy theories in the beginning.

Conspiracy theories CAN be big cash
But so can modern quasi free thought / spiritual awareness and pantheistic type of content. Russell also is known for this and many tune in for this type of content rather than conspiracy.
He does both to be fair

In any context, whether the person giving the information is doing so genuinely or for monetary gains without sincerity can be very hard to differentiate. And is probably more of a spectrum.

Spiritual gains should ALWAYS balance with material. But it is a balance. Maybe this is his due rewards for his own spiritual growth and how he many have influenced the same in others. Maybe its all a folly. Id bet its somewhere inbetween, and would argue based on the sentiment at the beginning of this paragraph, that it may be correct and right to keep it there.

One thing about Rogan I see him as different as him gone the Podcast route which is a new space in terms of media and big companies are still figuring out the exact value of podcasts and of streams. Joe Budden often speaks of this (while envying Rogan, given Buddens own spotify fight). Rogan has one of the most popular consistent podcasts and should arguable be among the highest paid podcast owners. If they overpaid him it would be in a calculated move to attract other smaller podcasters who no doubtedly would be underpaid for the balance. The same thing happens with music artists, the 99% get to the hundreth of a cent per stream while the biggest of artists get 10s of millions thrown at them prerelease before any stream has streamed.

It tricky iah

Rastafari

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/7/2022 12:47:00 AM

I still subscribed to, and used to watch HEAVY, SA Neter TV and Blacknews102. Conspiracy theories are ALL DEH BOUT round that side of the web. Im sure your aware of that platform?

It also depends who you are, your background, and what type of conspiracy your pushing because Sa Neter never made any of that kind of money while pushing his unfiltered afrocentric content the past 30 years.

I have to revisit brother Sa and the HOK.
The likes of SarasutenSeti, the Dr Jochannen content, the early Bro.Polight content (we dont speak about recent events with him, ex communicated) even the maligned Hebrew Israelites dem.... A joy to edutain

Blessed

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 4/7/2022 1:04:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/c/RussellBrand

Do this. Go to Russell Brand's channel and see how many views he gets from which content. And he's smart. So he knows that even if he uses certain topics to get new subscribers those new subs now get to see the content he might care the most about. But he's pulling people into his ecosystem in order to get more views on EVERYTHING. However, those views don't spread equally. That's the key. He has 5.4 M subs. 4.7-4.8M views on more covid related material. 4.1M view just by bandwagoning on top of Joe Rogan. But his video on understanding Racism?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri-sEQMg_1E
(I actually want to talk about this video)

only 318K views and it's 2 years old. Compare that to 4M+ views on a videos only 5 months old. So there's a method. Now... could Russell be thinking "if I put on these right wing ideas I'll get right leaning people to see my liberal content" that's quite possibly true and if it is...? more power to the man. And so to be fair... I'm not saying Russell is a bad guy. I think he's just a smart guy who understands whatever system he chooses to be part of and works it to his advantage. Honestly, this is what I wish more of us (black people) would do.

Also, your notes on Rogan and podcasting and the music industry were all very compelling. I think you're right that it's somewhere in the middle.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 4/7/2022 1:13:27 PM

GA: I still subscribed to, and used to watch HEAVY, SA Neter TV and Blacknews102. Conspiracy theories are ALL DEH BOUT round that side of the web. Im sure your aware of that platform?

It also depends who you are, your background, and what type of conspiracy your pushing because Sa Neter never made any of that kind of money while pushing his unfiltered afrocentric content the past 30 years.

Yes, I used to watch them back in the day. I used to run IsraelitesNation.org so it was more back in that time period. I got disillusioned with the conscious community later on, much because of conspiracy theories and psuedo-intelligence. Street corner BHIs irritate me because I was part of a different segment of the same culture and I felt like they were a stain on our overall brand. And that's important because your brand is how the world perceives you, including your own family.

I used to love watching Polight debate people. It was like way back in the day when we used to sit around the TV watching WWF.

But as I got older my own expanding knowledge started getting more and more disagreeable and downright grumpy with them because they were putting out a lot of bad advice and information. My wife at the time even bought gold using her inheritance, thinking that gold never looses value. I told her not to because gold, like anything else is a commodity. And as such the price can go up and down with availability. Unfortunately, she didn't listen at a time when the price of gold was inflated.

Maybe I'll check out what they're talking about now. Nostalgia, if for no other reason. If you run across anything you like feel free to share it.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/8/2022 8:27:30 PM

They recently had a IS THE BIBLE AFRICAN? or ARE WE AFRICAN? type of debate between the ex leader of the new black Panthers Malik Shabazz (of who I am a supporter) and the very entertaining Capt Tazaryach, of the Israel school of universal practical knowledge ISUPK, a faction of the street side hebrews.

These debates are good to set the spark or interest into non mainstream knowledge for the young or the previously unaware. For those of InI who are NOT naive to the esoteric, there will be lots that you agree/disagree/laugh at but IDK I respect Sa and his committment to his hustle enough to at least find entertainment and sometimes even insight, through the absurdness, chaos, bravado, and WWF showmanship.

Side note, They didnt always respect Rastafari too much over that side until Priest Isaac came around and displayed the levels. Give thanks to the Priest and his radio Anu

Rastafari

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 4/11/2022 9:27:43 AM

I will check that out today and maybe comment about it if I can find the time. Been slacking a little at work lately in favor of other intellectual pursuits.

But to steer this thread back to Russia vs Ukraine...

I came across this video and especially wanted to get your opinion after the agent wanted us to believe that Ukraine was bombings its own civilians rather than attack...you know... the soldiers who are actually there targeting them.

But are they targeting Ukraine's military? Or are they indiscriminately attacking all of Ukraine; non-combative civilians and all?

Now, I think one could understand some level of attacking civilians... IF those civilians are actively shooting you and you can't distinguish. Because even this sets a dangerous precedent, and one that America has gotten its image even more tarnished because of, where fighters make it more likely for regular civilians to get attacked because they attack, looking exactly like regular civilians. And if this is done on purpose, in urban areas, then it's kind of like those fighters are hiding, to some extent, behind regular civilians and using them as a kind of political shield. I'm not saying this is the intent. Maybe people aren't even thinking about this because all they're thinking about is defending the homeland against a foreign invader/aggressor. But I'm just saying it might be a good idea if they all wore red or if regular unarmed civilians wore blue... or something.

Messenger: Olivebranch Sent: 4/21/2022 2:31:36 AM

PROPAGANDA !!!!!!!!

Nuh worry bout it .They don’t want it with us !Let them war them war and kill off the whole a dem own….

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 86

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I