Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7622&start_row=1

EXTRACT FROM THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF H.I.M EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I MY LIFE AND ETHIOPIA'S PROGRESS Vol. 1

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/24/2022 3:56:37 AM

Chapter 3 about the 12th paragraph may I quote;

During the time when I served as governor of Sallale, orders were given to reconstruct the church of the monastery of Dabra Libanos which had fallen into ruin. Hence, when the foundations were excavated, there was found a ring and a piece of gold which was very fine and which bore an inscription. My deputy, who was carrying out the work there, sent it to me and it reached the Emperor through me; it was thus reckoned to be a great good fortune for me. Having gone, according to the custom of the country, to the governorship of Sallale, the Emperor yet permitted me to stay with my retainers. Since I did not wish to be separated from the Emperor, it was arranged that my deputy should reside in the governorate of Sallale, while I spent the whole day at the Addis Ababa Palace, from 7 a.m. till 8 p.m., eight whole months of attendance at Court.

selah

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 1/27/2022 6:06:19 AM

shalom,
do you know his age here?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/27/2022 8:26:25 PM

14 to 18?

14-18 after his father pass he become Dejazmach of Sidamo and Selale, Finding his 1st wife and first child and princess. By 18 when Menelik II pass he start govern Harar before marrying Empress Menen at 19. 5 years later when he become Ras Tafari, crown prince and heir to the throne upon the crowning of Zewditu 1916

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 1/27/2022 11:17:00 PM

give thanks. HIM really set he example for young men and children and elders alike

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 1/28/2022 2:18:05 PM

Lij/Ras Tafari being so involved in politics and diplomatic work from such a young age into old age I often wonder why the movement and culture is so anti-politics, shunning all politics, not getting involved as King Selassie was man one of the greatest political figures and leaders of the 20th century

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 1/31/2022 10:31:51 AM

Politics are being controlled by the wicked man in Rome. The Emperor did not agree with that and that is why they removed him from power.

Blessed love

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 2/3/2022 12:06:25 PM

Bless Up Idren

RasTafarIWork, Give thanks for the excerpt from the text. Thanks to GARVEYS AFRICA for more information about HIM’s life.

Jessep86, very good point the I brings up. Why do InI shun politics when Haile Selassie I dealt with politicians and other leaders of countries on a daily basis?

I think InI would be wise to heed HIM’s stance on being neutral or non-partial, and not be so afraid of politics in general.

Maybe the culture is so against politics because of the division and sufferation that politics creates, maybe it is a reactive response to try and denounce those negatives. I think that for InI who live in the USA, it could be beneficial to get involved in local government and try to bring some of the love InI promote into the political scene. Talk about ways to get overwhelmed though, I think it would be a very difficult road to trod. I think it could be admirable though.

I think anything InI can do to dismantle the two party shytstem will benefit InI.

I watched an interesting episode of a show called “Patriot Act” where the host explains ranked-choice voting, and how changing the way we vote for politicians will also change the system. Also, InI don’t need to change the constitution to vote this way, InI can make changes at a local level to vote in this way.

Ranked-choice voting is different than winner takes all because InI rank choices of who InI would like to be the politician in charge, and it is not one side wins and one side loses. By ranking the politicians in order of who InI would like to see in charge, the voting process better reflects the issues that InI can come together in agreeance about, and less about politics dividing InI between two different camps.

To any Ras or Empress that can work in politics and maintain the love InI promote, and work with non-partiality like HIM Haile Selassie I promotes, I say more power to the I. I know I would vote for the I.

HIM HAILE SELASSIE I KNOW

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I