Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7613&start_row=1

Marriage business

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 12/22/2021 12:14:09 AM

isis.Is marriage just for business purposes?What is the purpose of marriage for one who doesn't believe in the bible.My Kingman says he will just the broom but doesn't want to get married .

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/24/2021 9:44:51 PM

Hail Sista Bongo

I dont really see what is the difference! On paper or not. I guess some tax benefits or like if your loved one is on life support you would be their next of kin if it's on paper. But aside from that, the business value is the same whether on paper or not: two people building and working together, combining finances if the case my be, or otherwise sharing household responsibilities and child rearing, the benefits seem equal whether on paper or not. It's more about the family focused mind either way, cause marriage on paper is no good anyways if the family focus is not there.

What's the I views on it? Would the I be comfortable jumping broom or the I prefer the on paper marriage?

Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 12/26/2021 9:54:07 PM

ISIS Jah child.thanks for answering I thought this would go unanswered because I always ask marriage questions lol

Well I am going to jump the broom since that's what my king is willing to do. He sees marriage as a business u know.Hes been married once before .For now this would be okay but I would always want things to be official u know?Like having his last name .

But tbh we are already married in rastafari .we had vows the first day we met ,he said I was a princess and loved me from then on .We have been together almost 4 years ... separated once and got back together .

Just the other day he said he thinks I am the person he would like to spend the rest of his life with....a couple weeks ago we were on a group chat with his bro and his bro spilled that he had a ring in the shop.my king looked at me (I didn't say anything) and told me that it's a big ring with 52 diamonds in it .so maybe he has plans for a legal marriage in the future.

He already gave me one diamond ring no proposal just a ring that I asked for .

Maybe I'm blessed what u think

Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 12/26/2021 9:54:08 PM

ISIS Jah child.thanks for answering I thought this would go unanswered because I always ask marriage questions lol

Well I am going to jump the broom since that's what my king is willing to do. He sees marriage as a business u know.Hes been married once before .For now this would be okay but I would always want things to be official u know?Like having his last name .

But tbh we are already married in rastafari .we had vows the first day we met ,he said I was a princess and loved me from then on .We have been together almost 4 years ... separated once and got back together .

Just the other day he said he thinks I am the person he would like to spend the rest of his life with....a couple weeks ago we were on a group chat with his bro and his bro spilled that he had a ring in the shop.my king looked at me (I didn't say anything) and told me that it's a big ring with 52 diamonds in it .so maybe he has plans for a legal marriage in the future.

He already gave me one diamond ring no proposal just a ring that I asked for .

Maybe I'm blessed what u think

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/28/2021 12:00:47 AM

Personally I dont deal with diamonds, its too bloody a history and it feeds into the power structure to purchase them. Sure there are "conflict free diamonds" and there are those created in a lab also. But to me, the whole status symbol of having a diamond ring meaning you are more worthy or more high class because "look someone wanted to marry me"... It's propaganda that was propagated by Marilyn Monroe, a known victim of the monarch program, in the 1950s, and it is all too obvious that the media placed her as the spokesperson for the advertising mission which convinced every western woman that she needs a diamond ring. There are plenty of gorgeous and energetically powerful stones that dont carry the same history and also dont cost very much, meaning more wealth accrued for your family and your children's future. If it were me, I would make it clear to my King that I am not interested in all of that (in fact I already have). But either way, I dont see why a 52 diamond ring equates to making it official... what if he just wants to give you a ring and jump the broom?

I've been married on paper twice, and my King has been once. I think because of this we both realize the lesser importance of a paper marriage and the greater importance of a soul connection. As long as that soul bond is there, there's really no need for the paper. And if the soul bond is not there, the paper marriage will not last anyways. I told my King, if he wanted to get married on paper, I would. I told him I would go to Mars if he wanted to go. I would do anything to make him happy, as he does for me too. But good thing he is not interested in going to Mars and for now seems uninterested in paper marriage. I did tell him I might change my last name, once we have children, so that we all have the same last name. But then I also told him that my child's legal name is going to be "LEGAL NAME" or "REDACTED REDACTED" or something like that, that is if I get them birth certificates at all because I might just keep them off the grid as long as possible. Legal names dont mean that much. But if you wanted your King's last name, marriage is not the only way to do that. Changing your legal name is pretty simple and usually just requires a name request form submitted to your local government. So there are plenty of options for you.

But why does babylon recognizing the marriage make it official? What power does babylon hold, that the state recognition is more meaningful than the recognition you give to each other?

And your King said he thinks he could spend the rest of his life with you.. well that's nice I guess? Haha the phrasing of it would make me raise an eyebrow.. like you think but you don't know? Yet I've come to the conclusion that nothing at all in life is permanent, and to never expect a relationship to last til death. If it does, beautiful. If not, fine, life moves on. I try not to put any expectations on a relationship at all, and accept that one day it will end, one way or the other one of you will leave the other one even if it is in death. So that means to make the most of every moment spent together and never take it for granted that the person will always be there. The future will unfold as it is meant to, and making promises or asking others to make promises, it seems dishonest to me when we know there are so many twists and turns in life and we can never predict what will happen. I would rather choose every day to be with a person, and know he is doing the same with me, than to set it in stone and force each other to adhere to a promise made.

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 12/29/2021 12:40:31 AM

This. From a old thread. Use the search...

We Give Thankhs for all the blessings we receive
and give thankhs for those that are sending them.

A healthy reasoning!
I always looking to Improve Iself and learn how to be that best version of Iman more time.

If we can spread upfullness by sharing some wisdom gained through experience, then maybe save some I from making a unnecessary mistake.
In all relationship, Communication da key.

Nice term RastaGoddess "Biblical conditioning" accurate!

Decide if trust exist, and to what extent.
Dont underestimate the power of ceremony.
When Iyah is ready or see fit
A spiritual union declared symbolically and verbally unto JAH and whosoever else is present, in the setting d I's choose can be so positive and have very powerful impact overall. But not necessary.
InI did not ceremony until after 14 years together. Time was not right until then. Just remember if d I's decide to do ceremony, whatever is expressed unto JAH and the other partner must be truth, realistic and never NEVER IVER break such a vow.

Keep da 3rd I open and know is this bond
ANTI COINCIDENCE or CONVENIENCE?

What is the genuine truth in regard to ya
partners motivation for they actions?

No I can see the future without some level of uncertainty. usually.

I humbly share I thoughts, take or leave, I not counselor or expert.
Dont stress too much bout this matter mi Lion and Lioness as nature will take course in JAH time ! If not then was not true. This AND that.

ANKH, MAAT
Mo`a Anbesa Ze'imnegede Yihuda

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 12/29/2021 12:43:07 AM

share another personal thing w InInI again!
I way is not the ONLY way or even the right way. Just doin our best!
I and I queen have Trod joyfully as 1 for 22 years now.

TRUE LOVE IS THE REAL KEY.
True love can only be with respect and trust.
All other stuff will line up if Yall have
True love based on trust and respect.

There is hard times and difficulty. Some time InI may express a feelin in a passionate reasoning and did not even know I was feelin that way I self! It is important to say what is really meant. If d I must pause to think before speaking, it is worth it saving the confusion. Search out the root of a matter before rush to judgement. Try to see from d other ones view. Dont be afraid to appologize first if some feelings get hurt. Dont do a You hurt me, so ill hurt you attitude type revenge, is destructive and unnecessary. member dat.

What happen if a womban play drum or wear pants? Destruction of Rastafari Livity? I can yes tell a wombman from a man even if she have pants on. If she look that much like a man w pants, she will in a skirt as well. Lol. Just be reasonable and follow ya heart guide lines. Overly revealing clothes are not reasonable and I do see that as immoral and slackness. (outside bedroom). Try to always be the best version of yaself that the I's can Imagine.
Even tho it can be Very hard at times. Hard like granite.

* "A house built on granite and strong foundations, not even the onslaught of pouring rain, gushing torrents and strong winds will be able to pull down". HIM HAILE SELASSIE I.

So many rules laws and regulations in some Rasses trod.
I N I just do what feel right and correct in JAH sight. Everyone has a personal opinion on this. I queen play da harp and a whole heap a other instruments in ancient tradition of ATEN.
(In I humble overstanding.Any elaboration on this is most welcome.) Alot of this Male dominated thing was started by the overthrow of Aten and aquired dominance of Amun round time Tut change his name from Aten to Amun and Hight temple was moved, many former female Pharoah and Priestess were covered up and removed from documents.. Not that Amun is all bad of course.
This was intensified by the Abrahamic religions conveniently, and a departure from the Incient tradition. Manipulated through generations of evil, lazy or ignorant men trying to maintain their Wombman servants. This is I oppinion now in I humble overstanding. Dont throw rocks at I for expressing a unpopular point of view please Bredren and I sistren.

I queen wear what she feels is appropriate. If a Queen has a healthy Overstanding an Livity she will make agreeable choices naturally, without being told whatado. No Ras can tell another one whatado,
Man or Wombman. I n I share d chores (cleaning etc.) equally.
I always get out of doing the laundry some how, maybe i skills are not up to hers or even possibly dangerous to we garments.
I can cook better tho so its balance. we both work to live equally.
I no separate from her NO time, even moon time, an we sleep same bed everynight. She cover her hair when SHE feels like it and even has a small tattoo. She has 1 ear pierced. This is not acceptable to some. I n I Queen look to we Emperor and Empress as role models. I see Empress Menen w a small tattoo on her hand in d ancient African tradition, she does not cover her hair everytime in public. (Controversial ;)

The importance of total equality is expressed IN PART by Crowning HER Majesty in the same ceremony as HIM.
(Something never documented before nov 2nd 1930).
And even in Genesis when JAH say let us make Atom in OUR image.

Me no tell a wombman she cannot wear make up or go to work if she wants to do so. She Read scripture at altar and reason at NYA sedway. Wombman can do what she sight as correct. Jah still love we no?

Every major $ purchase we discuss before making.
She balance Iman properly and I do i best to provide I thoughts to her clearly and accurately aswell. Each one teach one in d temple and outside d temple.We both consider each others needs and feeling,
how our actions and words affect each other.
No one is superior. We have some mistakes, to err is human and
we grow and learn daily. Forgiveness is of utmost Importance.

Not to limit I self and say me ah feel this way forIver,
JAH may show I a different path one day, fe now this is we trod.

I raspect highly the Nyahbinghi order and neva feel negatively bout them. I neva Judge them worse than we. Just another view.

InI JAH people all do what we feel is best!

JAH will give strength if humbleness and willingness are true.
This is more than man and wombman teamwork. this is real Oneness to I!

Balance and Compassion.
I feel Mfalme HumbleLion na Malkia Lion will
find they own way if it please the most High!

NGUVU, AMANI NA UPENDO MOJAH All and All!
(Power, Peace and one Love)

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 10/19/2016 5:15:58 AM

Also...
( as if I post wasnt long nuff already),
We dont say my this or my that because its OUR stuff.

View ina you own mind as One. This takes some time.
And we Share the faith wisdom and knowledge of Rastafari same way and she actually helped I to seek I trod, she the first to say RASTAFARI when we was youth, not I bringn her to Ras trod.

HumbleLion said already have a healthy thing goin so why the question exactly. some specific challenges or Q's?

Prof I Reason on Empress Warrior Queen Nyabinghi Drumming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzyZWH2Lm2c

6:15 When this Woman drumming topic comes.

Sending we love from the other side of the river of Kush.

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 12/29/2021 12:44:34 AM

Jump the broom? Is what?

Messenger: Beauvais Sent: 4/15/2022 6:57:14 AM

I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy Click Here To Know More.

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I