Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7610&start_row=1

Classy rasta?

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 12/10/2021 10:15:24 PM

I know the history of how rastas used to be treated ...beaten killed ect. So can dreads be considered classy now that they are more mainstream
I'm not for the weaves and have unruly locs myself.no retwist for almost 2 years .

so can a rasta woman be classy when class is usually defined by white beauty standards?

what are some African beauty standards?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/11/2021 1:16:38 AM

Classy?

Sistren REMOVE babylon white supremacy ideology weh only shackle the brain. Natural over supernatural natural over imitation natural truths over make up lie.

Class is almost as worse as race. False constructs based on folly among the unrighteous.

Righteousness alone and remember seh whats sweet and pleasant ina Zion shall be dread an terrible onto Rome.

We anuh Loccsmith we nuh domicile and we nuh come to fit in. We a DREAD congo BlackHeart with unapologetic defense of wi roots and culture

Gwaan freeform and natty up. How much retwist Nesta have?

Rastafari

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/11/2021 11:56:22 PM

Such a great response Garveys Africa. Yes I, the word choice there is something I never realized, how "classy" indicates a class system. But of course it does.

Sis Bongo Meca, African standards of beauty really vary from tribe to tribe. Some bind their heads to create a longer skull. Some put clay plates in their lips. Some tattoo their faces. Stretch ear lobes. Wear pounds and pounds of beads. Rub their skin with butter and red soil to make it a rich red color. And that is not all. The practices are so varied. The thing is, they do what they do for reasons, ancient reasons, and even if it does not please outside cultures, they do it still because it is their own standard they are paying attention to, not outside opinions. I pray these cultures keep with their traditions because it seems like as the decades roll on, more and more groups lose their traditional clothing and style, language and practices. And that would be so sad, for all of the world to be homogenized into such a boring imitation of western culture which is so undeserving of being imitated.

Being feminine, being beautiful, being stunning, these are all subjective. The key is to change your own mind, set your own programming to tell you that natural is the absolute height of beauty. And hopefully to be with a partner who agree with that too, because if your partner wants fake and you only come natural, that is not a good situation for a womban on a path to embody her divine self, and to love herself. I've known first hand what that is like, and its very demeaning and makes it really hard to love yourself when a man is constantly telling you to wear makeup, or dye your hair, or get fake boobs... Hopefully your partner is not like that because you've mentioned before he doesnt get some of these ways you're living, and hopefully that is not a source of contention. Hopefully your ways can teach him more about loving your natural self, and he will love his natural self more because of that. Either way, don't let anyone stand in the way of you loving yourself!

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 12/16/2021 11:34:13 AM

black queen you are most beautiful women on earth, and all offspring from black women come to be seen as beautiful. even if there is mix in races,

most people wana have beautiful skin/complexion as african/african mixed/ man and women,

Y u think so many Caucasian wana tan all the time,
they wana look brown. because brown/black is beautiful

yeah every 1 wana have curly locks.

be proud of who u are,

and its true what garvey said - the fruits of rightousness is not in babylon. - like marley said, what fruits.. babylon na have no fruits.

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 12/22/2021 1:02:57 AM

Love the way GARVEYS AFRICA said it.
Couldna said it any better.
Thankhs GARVEYS

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I