Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7600&start_row=1

A rasta Christmas

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 11/20/2021 9:20:51 AM

I once saw a vid where h.i.m decorated the palace and had a Christmas celebration giving out gifts ECT. So do rastas celebrate Christmas or do you leave it to the pagans?

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 11/20/2021 9:53:38 AM

Bless Up Bongo meca,

InI celebrate the birth of christ on July 23 :)

Empress Menen I & Haile Selassie I Love

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/20/2021 11:16:46 PM

I used to have contempt for the materialism and would not participate in it much and would just visit family who would celebrate it. Taking this view I saw how it is a problem when we forget the spirit the holy day is supposed to be, why the whole industrial-commerce world shuts down for this one day.

If ones dont let the branches get in the way of the root, if ones and ones see through the gifts of life and to the giver of giver and all lifes gifts it can be good.

I also love playing sports since youth and in Ethiopia Christmas is Gena. Gena is a field hockey game. Tradition says when shepherds hear from the Angel Gabriel that JAH is to be born in flesh that night as Lord and Savior on Earth they rejoiced and invented/played gena all night long celebrating, having a Irie time!

A Ras took I to a Ethiopia Tewehedo Christmas eve vigil on Jan 7th which is the day of Gena (Ethiopia's Christ-mas). The people were every man woman and child were friendly and welcoming even though I wasn't wearing the all white attire of Ethiopia culture and was a outsider but made a insider by their love! (By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John13:35)
We dont need to speak the same language to pray together, still I understood a few Amharic words that are often used in Rastafari culture such as these in the link here:

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/repatriation/index.cgi?md=read;id=34990

All night long....It was like 2:30 in the morning and people were standing sitting, praying singing, blessing one another, incense, children sleeping everywhere in the temple as Angles flew around with the thanks and praise and ancient drum beats

This was totally spiritual experience and this is what is lacking in the commercial hijacking of something that is holy attempting to make us all forget

Messenger: RasBoggen Sent: 11/21/2021 3:15:27 AM

Give thanks, and praise the most high!

Messenger: RasBoggen Sent: 11/21/2021 3:15:29 AM

Give thanks, and praise the most high!

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 11/21/2021 3:21:30 AM

Christmas is paganism. Rasmas is a time of giving. Rasta is about coming out of this white devil world. Blessed love

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 11/21/2021 11:48:42 PM

I couldnt have said it any better than MELCHEZIDEK. Deh so it deh.

Yes

There is no such thing as a Rasta christmas.

Freeup from the mental chains of white supremacy and colonial rule

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/23/2021 2:16:36 PM

Who is more pagan? The happy people at the Christmas parade or the mad man that drove a vehicle into the crowd in Waukesha?

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 11/24/2021 12:37:49 AM

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 11/24/2021 1:06:23 AM

The above song explains much of why I don't Ilibrate Christmas. Also, check how them take the "Christ" out of Christmas, replacing Christ with an "X" and them call it Xmas.

I do sight Genna and July 23rd as a day to Ilibrate the Earthlight of Christ. Here is a video I had posted on another thread; two Incients reasoning about Genna:

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 34

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I