Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7582&start_row=1

Rastafari as God

1 - 1011 - 13
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 9/14/2021 8:29:43 PM

hail hail hail who here believes that rastafari is God ? Or the second coming of Jesus?I know I asked this but I'm searching and this question keeps coming up ?

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 9/15/2021 6:08:39 AM

HIM is the righteous christ.
HIM represents what the true Christ should be like.

HIM is my Christ, but his name is not Jesus. His name is Haile Selassie I the Almighty

He is the king who gave InI the revelation to rise up and wise up in Uniy and love for all

Give Thanks
RasTafarI

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 9/15/2021 6:08:40 AM

HIM is the righteous christ.
HIM represents what the true Christ should be like.

HIM is my Christ, but his name is not Jesus. His name is Haile Selassie I the Almighty

He is the king who gave InI the revelation to rise up and wise up in Uniy and love for all

Give Thanks
RasTafarI

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 9/15/2021 12:12:23 PM

Blessed Love Idren,

Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth, Bless Up. Great Rasponse. Rise up and wise up in Inity.

Bless Up Bongo meca, glad the I is moving forward searching for knowledge. Rastafari leads the way.

I man personally don’t like to use the word “god” in language, because of the connotations it brings to I vision. The church has been so effective at deceiving JAH people, that when I hear someone say the word “god” I can’t help but see images of a bearded man in the sky that I get to see after I’m dead and go to heaven. This is not the Almighty JAH that I pray to, nor is it Haile Selassie I as a man, nor is it Rastafari as a people. The language of Amharic of Ithiopia that Haile Selassie I speaks doesn't use the word "god" to refer to the Most High, so InI don't need to incorporate that word into InI livity.

Instead of a separate sky god, the living JAH is inside InI and the Rastafari livity is a very effective way to realize the power that InI received from the Most High, in the image of the Most High, to create InI own destiny, to build and live in heaven on this earth. Haile Selassie I, crowned alongside Empress Menen I, came forward with the authority of the Christ, with the head of government on the I’s shoulders, to proclaim InI Rastafari people as the living JAH, justified to do the works of JAH.

I man like to speak on this a lot so I will try not to overwhelm the I’s.

If the I is searching this site, here are some good reasonings InI have had on the subject:

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7360&start_row=1

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7186&start_row=51

Empress Menen I and HIM Haile Selassie I Guide and Protect

Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 9/16/2021 8:51:12 PM

Cedric that's interesting what word do they use for "god"

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 9/17/2021 11:30:35 PM

Ites up bredren n sistren

Sista Bongo I think what the bredda Cedric is referring to is the etymology of the word "god" which comes from germanic roots and it refers to norse gods. Theos comes from a Greek perspective. Whereas Igziabher, the Amharic word, refers to the Most High. Like Marcus Garvey suggested, we are looking at the idea through the spectacles of Ethiopia.

Personally I don't see Haile Selassie I as the second coming of Jesus. When the bible says that people thought Jesus was the second coming of Elijah. It seems silly to say that a second coming of Elijah came again and now it is the second coming of Jesus - wouldnt that just be the third coming of Elijah? Which I don't think JAH Rastafari is.

But according to levitical prescription, Haile Selassie I is literally messiah, there is no debating this because he was anointed with the exact oil as is described, making him anointed= haMossiach= messiah= christ. Those words all mean the same thing. It goes deeper when you realeyes the word in Medu Neter "messa" means anointed with crocodile oil, which all Kings in Kemet were, Kemet being the place Moses supposedly came from, Moses being the person who "heard the Lord" say to anoint priests with this certain oil and herb blend. So we are getting into a sacred royal ritual that is thousands of years old and as far as we trace is an African tradition. So Haile Selassie I being anointed and being considered The Most High in Flesh is nothing new for Afrikan people to think of their King this way.

So all of this to say, we can accept the sacred position of Haile Selassie I without defining His Majesty with a eurocentric perspective.

Selah

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 9/18/2021 3:37:49 PM

theres a natural mystic blowing though the air,

(k)Qedamawi haile selassie

The First (Qedamawi) 'Power (Haile) of the Trinity (Selassie)

Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 9/19/2021 9:15:01 PM

Bless jah child . So I'm searching and still have many questions .So accordingly his majesty is mentioned in Leviticus (which I should read if you can provide the text) and was anointed with crocodile oil? Hmm that's interesting . Is there a video on YouTube that the I can watch of the coronation but in English ?

Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 9/19/2021 9:15:03 PM

Bless jah child . So I'm searching and still have many questions .So accordingly his majesty is mentioned in Leviticus (which I should read if you can provide the text) and was anointed with crocodile oil? Hmm that's interesting . Is there a video on YouTube that the I can watch of the coronation but in English ?

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 9/21/2021 9:57:52 AM

One Love sister Bongo
When I mentioned Leviticus, I was not saying that His Majesty is spoken of there - I was saying that the recipe for the holy anointing oil (and how to use it) is mentioned there. But I was wrong. It is in the book of Exodus chapter 30 verse 22 when this oil begins to be described. I won't provide the text because it is too easy to find that, just do a search online or look in your bible if you have one. What is nice though is to read it in Hebrew which can be done on blueletterbible.com. When you read it there it refers to the oil as mashach-qdus semen, meaning holy anointing oil. You can see the linguistic connection there between mashach and ha Mosiah or ha Mosiach, which is the noun meaning an anointed person/object. You can search blueletterbible.com for the word anointed and see how many things and people are described as messiah. It is certainly not a title exclusive to any one person.

And the oil mentioned in the torah is not crocodile oil, no. It is a mixture of olive oil and herbs. But it is easy to see where so-called Moses would have gotten both the idea and the linguistic root for the word mashach when he was "learned in all the ways of the Egyptians" as that story tells us he was. The crocodile oil being called Messa, the olive oil being called Mashach. The linguistic roots and the origin of the ritual usage seems extremely obvious to me!

As for the video on youtube I am not sure, but there were many news articles written at that time - one that immediately comes to mind is National Geographic. It explains the entire ritual of the Abuna praying and anointing His Imperial Majesty. Do a search for 1930 November 2 Haile Selassie and see what news articles come up. I had found the Nat Geo link that way in the past.

One thing I want to mention is that it seems like you are searching for proof that Haile Selassie I is the Most High. You won't find it. There is no definitive basis of qualification for that description, every single method to prove that would be a human invention. So messiah or not, King of Kings or not, none of these things prove a person to be Igziabher. You have to define for yourself what it means to be a divine being, and make your own qualifications. One thing is for sure, if you can't see Haile Selassie I as "god" you will never see yourself as "goddess" and that really is the ultimate point of all this soul searching - to redefine your link and your oneness with the source of your creation.

1 - 1011 - 13

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I