Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7573&start_row=11

Salt is one of the most natural sources. Why is it not Ital?

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Thinking Of Jah Sent: 9/10/2021 7:57:39 PM

Greetings brothers and sisters, keep rememberance of JAH constant.

On the matter of salt, I personally can't imagine living without it. It is true though that a modern diet consumes too much salt. Modern Plant-based doctors themselves have also cautioned against the use of excessive salt. But everyone needs a little bit of salt - everyone is different. Some people have salty taste buds and their food to me would taste too salty.

Elder Ras Flako Tafari has said in a number of videos the importance of the Hindu culture on influencing early Ras Tafari. In Hindu culture there are certain days where a 'fast' is undertaken. This fast consists of eating only fruits and no salt for a day. I believe that this is one of the places that the idea of no salt may have come from. But I don't believe that we should have no salt at all.

Just from my personal opinion.

Jah Bless

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 9/25/2022 5:35:18 AM

Once u stop using salt n go without salt fo long iwa, yo tongue get used to saltless diet. salt is harmful, InI no need it in InI diet. No meat, no salt, no alcohol. Ital is vital. Oneness

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 9/25/2022 7:59:23 AM

But some rasta use salt yet still they don't eat flesh, I man seh no problem still. De Lord Jah is pleased by yo vegetarian life thus a reward from Jah awaits InI who are vegetarian. So try minimise salt fo health but completly abstain from flesh fo Jah.

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 9/25/2022 11:23:57 AM

There is reward from Jah fo not eating flesh but no reward fo saltless diet. Good health is de reward fo saltless diet. To d vegans I man seh stand strong, don't b discouraged by elders dat eat meat. Oneness

Messenger: Arma Gideon Sent: 9/25/2022 10:11:35 PM

Blessed Greetings to Ones & Ones

Early Elders & Bredrens who were steadfast about not using salt
did not get it from Hindu livity , it came from slavery and its reminiscence thereof . It was one of the main source to the health problems of slaves in the diaspora , along with sugar as well as white flour. Salt was used to corn foods as a preservative as there were no "cold storage " , foods were either "smoked" or "corned ".

Slaves worked as long as there were sunshine and sweated due to backbreaking hard labor .... so salted foods were a source to replenish
necessary salts in the body [https://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/vital-functions-of-salt-in-the-body/]..... but it was the excessive amount that was killing us .

We are no longer doing hard "slave" work , so we don't need that amount of salt , plus there are enough natural sources of salt within the foods we eat.

Haile I&I&I

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I