Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7572&start_row=41

Do you need to dreadup to be rasta?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 54
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 11/15/2021 1:45:39 PM

King Jam,

You do not overstand, and that is okay, you don't overstand because it is not for you to overstand. You try to tell InI what is and what is not spiritual or material? Who are you? You could grow your locks for 50 or 100+ years and still not know the material and spiritual significance of locks; because that mystic is just not for you.

You bring up his majesty not wearing locks to try and discredit the wearing of locks. I just pointed out that His Majesty did have locks in His youth and in His last days in the palace. Also throughout His life He never had very short hair. He often had an afro and He always kept a beard, often it was a bushy beard.

And you talk about no proof shown? Here is the documentary that I had mentioned. Near the end, you can see Selassie has locks forming all around His head (start @ 1:36:18)

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 11/15/2021 1:58:55 PM

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 11/15/2021 1:59:18 PM

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 11/19/2021 4:09:15 PM

"Near the end, you can see Selassie has locks forming all around His head"

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 11/20/2021 6:00:30 AM

jahcub i your clearly blinded by the rasta must have lock thing.. dont you know the first man preaching the name of rastafari was IS LEONARD P HOWELL whom never had locks.

dont be confused with material things, for its only an image.

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 11/20/2021 6:03:50 AM

haha yeah carterblunt. the picture is well. to cling to this video about selassie with dreads is weak hearted.

to love rastafari and praise his name is not about Covering your head with dreads. too many lost sheep thinking salvation is in the form of something els but the love of god.

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 11/20/2021 10:09:48 AM

Blessed Love Idren

King Jam, get a grip. InI are supposed to be living in Inity, fighting against babylon. Not fighting against InI.

If one wants to trod Rastafari livity and not/can't wear locks, that is allowed, JAH know. InI don't need permission or guidance from the I. To try and rewrite history and say locks are not a Rasta thing is futile.

Besides, the I talks like babylon already sees past vanity. Where has the I been? Locks arent about InI supporting vanity, locks are about chanting down babylon and showing separation from babylon. One can NOT deny that babylon grudges InI from visual profiling. In the "10 years" that the I carried locks, did the I never see how babylon treats InI that look visually different from their preconceived notion of what someone should look like?

A light skinned person can take off their locks and look just like another random ass babylon. A black person can take off their locks but still be persecuted for being black in babylon. Doesn't the I see it as hypocritical to stand for human rights and also work to belittle someone that is trying to explain the cultural importance of something? InI Rastafari aren't telling InI locks is the only way to salvation. Wake up and listen better Rasta.

If the I has enough strength to chant RASTAFARI and not wear locks, go on up ahead. It takes more strength to stand up to babylon with a crown of locks and fight for freedom. JAH know.

Empress Menen I & Haile Selassie I Guidance

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 11/20/2021 11:42:53 PM

I see it as this: Rastafari is a Culture. So how much of the culture are you immearced in and how so?

many things in the culture are necessary and some are optional.

many things have nothing to do with INI Culture, and this Culture is amazing, blessed and mystical, can't debate it, can only live it and leave all folly out

culture grows, its alive and dreads dreading up are a holy symbol to say the least

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 11/22/2021 6:20:42 AM

cedric please dont mix up my words, where did i say dreads is not a rasta thing, im simply implying that we need to open our minds in these times and stop judging partial,

i know the history of the rasta movement, and the roots it stem from,
and the persecutions rasta bare for the locks and livity,

but times have changed,
now everywhere you look, man is vanity lock, you can not tell who rasta is by there locks.

Rasta has too much judgement, and too willing to accept anyman with dreads claiming rasta, too many wanaBes,
we must question the spirit.
to many man put up lock and think them soo wise and the best musician.
but them in a ego trip.
Blast off on their spaceship,
Million miles from reality:
No care for you, no care for me.

Jah will judge. RIght from Wrong.

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 11/22/2021 3:28:08 PM

I give thanks for the I's wisemind and overstanding Cedric and jessep86.

CarterBlunt and King Jam, you think it is a joke thing? You two clowning around, acting like a couple of Bozos.

King Jam I learned about that documentary from the Honorable Priest Isaac. He sighted His Majesty's locks in the video. I just shared the video Iman don't cling to it.

You want to call I blinded, weak hearted, lost sheep? You mix up my words and make assumptions. If you check my words I am just showing the I that there is power in long hair and dreadlocks. That His Majesty has worn locks at various times and that HIM has always had longer hair and beard.

I never say one has to have locks or not. In my own trod, I went many years without locks. As I do sight the energy in hair and I didn't want to lock up the energies I had at that time. I just kept longer hair and beard. However, as I grew deeper in I trod, my dreadlocks grew too.

Now I don't sight it as one is more spiritual for having locks, that is your own assumptions of my words. I do however sight dreadlocks as a hola symbol, a spiritual expression of InI's resistance to Babylon, and a sign of InI's identity as Rastafari.

You asked "dont you know the first man preaching the name of rastafari was IS LEONARD P HOWELL whom never had locks"? Yes I know that some ones sight it that way. And many early Rastafari bredren kept a beard and afro like His Majesty did in those times. However I sight up the first man and womban to be the first Rastafari people. And the first man and womban wore dreadlocks upon their crowns. Hola and Blessed.

JAH Love and Guidance

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 54

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I