Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7572&start_row=51

Do you need to dreadup to be rasta?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 54
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 11/22/2021 3:47:47 PM

I give thanks for the I's wisemind and overstanding Cedric and jessep86.

CarterBlunt and King Jam, you think it is a joke thing? You two clowning around, acting like a couple of Bozos.

King Jam I learned about that documentary from the Honorable Priest Isaac. He sighted His Majesty's locks in the video. I just shared the video Iman don't cling to it.

You want to call I blinded, weak hearted, lost sheep? You mix up my words and make assumptions. If you check my words I am just showing the I that there is power in long hair and dreadlocks. That His Majesty has worn locks at various times and that HIM has always had longer hair and beard.

I never say one has to have locks or not. In my own trod, I went many years without locks. As I do sight the energy in hair and I didn't want to lock up the energies I had at that time. I just kept longer hair and beard. However, as I grew deeper in I trod, my dreadlocks grew too.

Now I don't sight it as one is more spiritual for having locks, that is your own assumptions of my words. I do however sight dreadlocks as a hola symbol, a spiritual expression of InI's resistance to Babylon, and a sign of InI's identity as Rastafari.

You asked "dont you know the first man preaching the name of rastafari was IS LEONARD P HOWELL whom never had locks"? Yes I know that some ones sight it that way. And many early Rastafari bredren kept a beard and afro like His Majesty did in those times. However I sight up that it is the first man and womban of Iration, who are the first Rastafari people. And the first man and womban wore dreadlocks upon their crowns. Hola and Blessed.

JAH Love and Guidance

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 9/20/2022 11:26:34 AM

More fire Jah people. Dreadlocks are part of Rasta trod so they cannot be separated from Rasta. I n I as Rasta can sometimes face boderations such as prison n unemployment dat can lead to cutting of dreads but not falling from Rasta. Dreads remain vital.

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 9/20/2022 2:07:31 PM

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 9/24/2022 2:03:00 PM

Rastafari w out a crown is still a king or Queen, but the i them who dont trim and shave get a dffrent raspect for that level of ixposure and risk for the cause of change and rejection of vanity and comb and babywrong culture in general.

keep your faith (imani

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 54

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I