Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7570&start_row=11

SPEAKING IN TONGUES

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: King Jam Sent: 8/29/2021 4:30:01 PM

also let us not forget how H.I.M had to fight against the muslims, as one of his own, defected and joined the muslims and wanted to make ethiopia a Muslim country.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 8/29/2021 6:16:18 PM

As the I said, Haile Selassie I was no fool. It is possible he used religion as a reason to claim power. As Lij Iyesu was the first in line for the throne, Haile Selassie I only came to be Negus because he rallied the christian nobles and brought them to his side because not only of Lij Iyesu being a muslim, but also because of his infidelities with many women and other indescretions. It is good that Haile Selassie I did this and convinced the nobles to support him, because we all know Haile Selassie I was a great ruler and cared for the upvelopment of his people and continent, which Lij Iyesu appeared to not care about as he was living undisciplined and as a party boy basically. But all this to say, Haile Selassie I was a diplomat and he knew how to negotiate a deal that would come out in his favor. He possibly used religion among other reasons as a negotiation tactic.

Again it is because he is a great diplomat that he knew the claim to Solomon's throne was his great authority to rulership. Of course any smart person would uphold a story or narrative that would help to bolster his right to rulership.

Although Haile Selassie I subscribed to the christian faith, he was always very open about his stance on religion, that all religions are valid, that spirituality is above religion and that unity of spirit is more important than religious belief.

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 8/29/2021 6:33:01 PM

yes i know what you mean, but i think its more then that,
a genuine belief/acknowledgement.

Christ teaches to love one another, that is true spirituality. to love without divide.

blessed love sister

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 8/29/2021 7:02:49 PM

That's why Culture sings, JAH alone a christian. Because JAH alone follows the actual teachings of the christ character in the bible! No I don't think it was political chess alone, I agree with the I for sure, I think it was a genuine belief system for His Majesty. But I think he also would have used the religion as a basis for his authority and claim to rulership. Possibly doing so out of a genuine belief that his religion is true and he would be a good ruler by adhering to it. Which he was a good leader because of it. So it is all a good result because of Haile Selassie I being a christian. But it is also obvious that he saw other avenues to spirituality and provided that everyone has a right to choose their beliefs. Either way I never saw Haile Selassie I endorsing pentacostal christianity! Which was the Iriginal subject of this thread, essentially, for it is mainly pentacostal christians who speak in tongues right?

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 8/29/2021 7:25:15 PM

haha yes your right,

christ came with a new revelation,

and the teaching of H.I.M are the same,

yes yes yes, they do call themselves Pentecostal.
and i was thinking on this, The ethiopian Orthodox, what is there view on this, so called speaking in tongues.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 8/29/2021 11:06:11 PM

I don't know bredren! I am not deep into that tradition. But when I was in Ethiopia the Tewahedo people would comment to me as we were walking by the pentecost church how people in there sound crazy and their church is too loud etc. So I am not sure about the speaking in tongues specifically but it seemed their opinion of the pentecostal church was not a good one.

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 8/30/2021 4:57:49 AM

thanks for your words, there is afue things which i do not like about the church too.

blessed love.

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 9/2/2021 11:33:00 AM

words of h.i.m on the bible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP0B5ecU7gQ

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I