Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7558&start_row=1

Marriage

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 8/14/2021 11:27:05 PM

greetings to the I .Was wondering what is considered a rasta marriage? Some do it by the books and get it legalized/recognized by the government while some don't sign documents and just do the ceremony .What is more righteous in thy sight? How did you get married?

My childs father and I talk about getting married but neither one of us is in the church or big on the bible or even in the eithiopian Orthodox church although I would like to have a ceremony here .

So did you do a courthouse wedding or a grand ceremony in a church ?

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 8/15/2021 10:29:42 AM

Bless Up Bongo meca

I man and Empress were married by an officiant in InI community that InI met with beforehand to sight the I recognize and respect the sovereignty of HIM Haile Selassie I and Empress Menen I. InI ceremony was in the forest surrounded by nature. InI invited InI parents, grandparents, siblings, and 2 or 3 close friends to InI ceremony where InI planted a tree and shared words and passages that are important to InI, and then traveled to a central public park to eat and have a large celebration with InI entire community. It was Itiful.

InI decided to let the government recognize InI marriage. No church will be blessed with I man presence.

There are things I man would have done differently as I know Empress feels the same, but it is only one day to embody an Iternity of love, so InI can not feel any other way than blessed that it was able to happen.

May JAH guide InI

HIM Haile Selassie I & Empress Menen I Love

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 8/15/2021 4:20:13 PM

That sounds nice Brother Cedric!

Sistar Bongo the only thing that matters is that you are both happy and feel secure in the relationship. It doesnt matter on a moral level where or how the marriage takes place, or if it is just an overstanding between the two that this is where you both want to be. Just do what you want to do, make a choice together what feels right.

More Love n honor n Life to all families and may they be fruitful and harmonious.

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I