Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7554&start_row=1

Farmer Books?

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 8/10/2021 12:59:47 PM

Nuff Blessings and love to all my bredrens and sistrens in the name of JAAAAAAH! RasTafarI

As a youth living in a big city I farm on my balcony and in my windows, but this can't become my daily life forever as in my future I will live like a real self sufficient Ital farmer man on the countryside!

But in order to be a good farmer, you must also have a good knowledge.
I have already looked at various farmer books on the internet, but I am asking my rasta brothers and sisters in this forum because I want to find the right book on good Ital farming. Hope to get some answers

Bless up and one love
RasTafarI

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 8/10/2021 1:16:33 PM

first of all. where you living?

To have your own farm/land where im from. You need alot of $$$

IF you want to grow good quality food on a big scale you want to get a big glass house or polly tunnel.

I also love to garden and study horticulture at university.

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 8/11/2021 12:40:35 PM

More Life!
Greetings Bredren, I will post some good books on here later today. Here is a video to give you a lil food for thought:

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/11/2021 2:55:32 PM

Gias Garden by Toby Hemenway

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 8/11/2021 8:40:41 PM

“Rainwater Harvesting for Drylands and Beyond” vol 1 & 2 by Brad Lancaster

"The One-Straw Revolution"
by Masanobu Fukuoka

"Permaculture: A Designers' Manual"
by Bill Mollison

"An introduction to permaculture"
by Bill Mollison

“Permaculture: Principles & Pathways Beyond Sustainability” by David Holmgren

“The Permaculture City” by Toby Hemenway

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 8/14/2021 2:39:51 PM

Bless up and give nuff thanks!

Jahcub I Give thanks for the video and the book recommendations. My older brother also recommended 'One Straw revolution' I think I'll start with that:)

jessep86 give thanks for the recommendation. I will try to get that too

Bless up King Jam. I don't have a lot of $$$. So I actually don't know my foundation / how to manifest it yet. But it sounds exciting with your education. I just finished high school and im also going to figure out what I want to study. I would very much like to hear more about it. Here in Denmark nuff agricultural training is unfortunately very involved in meat production (NOT SOMETHING I DEAL WITH)

Big up and give thanks

Menen I
Selassie I
RasTafarI

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 8/14/2021 3:49:59 PM

Yes Iyah! Has the I ever looked into the "World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms (WWOOF)" organization? It is a great way to travel and volunteer on organic farms around the world. I have traveled this way and I know others that have done the same. Some of the farms do raise animals for meat, but many don't. I went to Chile and worked on a Hare Krisna farm where they did not raise animals for meat, the Hare Krisna peoples are vegetarian.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/15/2021 9:41:58 PM

Gias Garden 2nd edition free right here:

https://www.academia.edu/36549179/Gaias_Garden_pdf

It is amazing the free resources of books online if you search. Here are a few to start. Hoopla.com, archives.org, academia.edu

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 8/17/2021 11:07:43 PM

True about the free resources Iyah. I think you can get all the books I listed and more on pdfdrive.com

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 8/21/2021 5:41:54 PM

Bless and love

I man Give nuff thanks for all the sources.

Jahcub I. That's very inspiring. Give thanks for the suggestion. I'll be staying at the school of vision in Jamaica here in a few months, but I will definitely be looking at your proposal for the future. Do you remember if the Hare Krisna people were only vegetarian or completely vegan?

Blessings

RasTafarI

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I