Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7553&start_row=1

Dreadlocs care

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 8/10/2021 11:48:23 AM

how does the I take care of their locs? How often do you wash?What shampoo do you use? Any natural products?

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 8/10/2021 1:25:57 PM

Bless up mi bredda

I have an aloe vera plant that I cut a leaf from. I lubricate my locs into the mucus until my hair is completely lubricated. (Once in a while I mix it with lemon juice) From there I let it dry in my hair for a few hours and finally I wash it out with water.

Aloe vera gel contains powerful antioxidants belonging to a large family of substances known as polyphenols. These polyphenols, along with several other compounds in aloe vera, help inhibit the growth of bacteria.

A few times a year I take a vinegar cleanser to make sure my hair is completely clean. You can google further on 'vinegar cleanser for locs'

You should probably wash it 2-3 times a week. (Rasta DON'T deal with nastyness)

One Love
RasTafarI

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 8/12/2021 11:41:33 PM

I use tea tree soap or African black soap, one or the other, just wash once per strong usually Saturday, let it air dry, and keep it covered the rest of the time to keep it clean. If I get really sweaty in between I will rinse my scalp with water but keep the rest of my hair mostly dry. Just hold the locks up away from the water but give the scalp a good rinse. If the hair is dry I will spray equal parts vitamin e oil and rosewater after washing while damp, then it dries softer and with more hydration. The worst thing anyone can do for their dreadlocks is to twist and tighten... please don't make yourself go bald by doing this!

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 8/13/2021 1:10:25 AM

smaller dreads are easier to clean through than congos, locks will merge into each other if unhindered making it hard to clean scalp too

there are so many natural organic soaps available

drying can be as much work as washing

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I