Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7544&start_row=1

Nakedness

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 8/1/2021 9:28:05 AM

Nowadays, we see nudity in everything from the music industry to the pedestrian street in the big city. It can create confusion in men, but when we as males show our muscles on the beach we may attract women.

I am a member of a Rastafari group on Facebook where people occasionally post pictures of their farms and of themselves etc.

At one point I got a shock when a woman posted a picture where she was standing in bikini and a whole lot of 'Rastas' attacked her in the comments section. Even One of the rastas wrote 'You look like a prostitute. Dress up' While I was thinking 'How can you have locks and write something so rude?'

Just like we get very hot when it is over 30 degrees, women also get hot. And of course they have to wear something light so they do not get a heat stroke. What are your views?

RASTAFARI is an african culture movement. What about all the african cultures where women have their breasts out?

SELAH

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 8/1/2021 9:53:05 AM

although you are not wrong in stating that rastafari is a african culture movement, it is more then that still, for the real truth of rastafari is not just a Pan African Movement but a Christ Movement.
Let us not forgot the teaching of HIs Majesty And His love for Yesus Christ, And the Orthodox Christian Religion.

Rasta Women and men should be virtuous.
Yeah your right in saying that sometimes we get too hot and need to dress to cool our bodies.

But posting a picture of yourself almost naked is a different thing,
is it a sin?
is it wrong?

Probably not if it wasn't done intentionally to make people lust.
But its better to prevent then try to fix.

you must remember that Rastafari culture really stems from His Majesty, and the Ethiopian Jews/Christian History of 3,000 years +
. for without this History there would be no Rastafari.

Messenger: Ras RunMan Sent: 8/2/2021 9:24:11 AM

Jah9 is a good example of an empress with a good attire. When she is on the beach, she wears a thin fabric summer dress that covers her entire body. She's not getting too hot ... lol

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 8/10/2021 10:15:09 AM

Why is it wrong for a Rastawomban to be photographed in a bikini, but it's not wrong for African womban in their tribal attire with breasts fully bared to be pictured in national geographic? The only wrongness comes from the viewers eyes. Nakedness and nudity is natural. Why do we question a womban in a bikini but not question a man with his chest bared? Look at the Majesty music video from Chronixx; is it wrong for him to be bare chested and for her to be in a bikini? No, it is natural, it is beautiful, they are going swimming and this is swimming attire. Just as it would be natural and beautiful to swim completely naked. JAH9 wears tight pants and manly looking clothing in some of her music videos, if anything this is unnatural and constrictive to our bodies getting proper airflow. If anything all man and womban should be wearing loose fitting cotton clothing, yet many Rastaman even Sizzla wears tight clothing and european style vest and suit, why are we not talking about this? But because she is a womban she is wrong to wear a bikini? It's a double standard and it is wrong. Womban can wear what she wishes and what she is comfortable in. If man can do it, womban can do it. I find it very strange to always see so many men talking about women's topics. Is it wrong to "eat the box" and a womban says Hey we dont want that, we want natural sex, and the men just come back saying their opinion again. And men talking about what womban should wear and what they shouldn't. Women don't sit around talking about what men should or shouldn't wear. When we are talking about woman's subjects, the woman's voice should be loudest. A man who knows who he is and loves his womban for who she is does not try to control her.

Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 8/10/2021 12:17:49 PM

I believe both should dress moderately in modest clothing .When I came into the livity I was told that rasta women should have their hair covered long skirts and even long sleeves some would say.this is very beautiful to the I.The men shouldn't be wearing tight clothes either and their hair wrapped. This is so beautiful and represents the empress and emperor to the fullest.

Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 8/10/2021 12:17:51 PM

I believe both should dress moderately in modest clothing .When I came into the livity I was told that rasta women should have their hair covered long skirts and even long sleeves some would say.this is very beautiful to the I.The men shouldn't be wearing tight clothes either and their hair wrapped. This is so beautiful and represents the empress and emperor to the fullest.

Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 8/10/2021 12:17:53 PM

Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 8/10/2021 12:17:56 PM

Messenger: Bongo meca Sent: 8/10/2021 12:17:58 PM

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 8/10/2021 1:20:55 PM

we are dealing with alot of wickedness in this time.

the whole world is lusting. one after another.

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I