Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7535&start_row=1

"White" Rasta: Stop with the white titles

1 - 3
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 7/14/2021 10:32:55 PM

One Perfect Love Bredren and Sistren,

No such thing as a "white" rasta. What does white mean? Where did this CONcept of white/whiteness/white supremacy come from?

My opinion: Rasta who identify as white need to Iditate on what "white" really and truly means and drop the white titles.

What is the history and use of the words "white", "white man" and "white women"? It is white supremacists that created this word. To identify and call oneself a white man or a white woman; is to link and identify oneself with white supremacy.

"I must say that black and white, as forms of speech, and as a means of judging mankind, should be eliminated from human society."

Haile Selassie I

"All forces of good wherever they may be found must be mobilized to uproot the white supremacists in Rhodesia and in Southern Africa. All freedom loving peoples must cooperate to destroy this deadly cancer of human liberty and equality. After all, at issue is not the loss of freedom to four million Africans, but the survival of human liberty.

The world therefore should not condone the perpetration of one of the greatest political crimes in human history.

We pray that Almighty God will give you guidance on the accomplishment of your task."

- Haile Sellassie I

"And we must look into ourselves, into the depth of our souls. We must become something we have never been and for which our education and experience and environment have ill-prepared us. We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community."

-Haile Selassie I

InI are RastafarI People. InI are Rasta. Stop with the white titles.

No such thing as a white rasta

JAH Love and Guidance
Bless

Messenger: HazelWell Sent: 7/15/2021 2:32:48 AM

Thank you for this my friend, InI will keep this in mind! much to think about and you make a very good point :)

JAH Love my friend

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/15/2021 10:09:42 PM

Strong words, good reminders. There is much to unlearn as we all learn to trod the path to Zion.

1 - 3

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I