Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=748&start_row=1

Unbelievers Anonymous

1 - 2
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: gideon Sent: 4/2/2005 3:01:22 PM

This is a fellowship similar to narcotics anonymous and alcoholics anonymous. It is people who realize they have a problem that they follow false thinking that is not rooted in the christian faith, or rastafari tradition.
The first step is to realize you have a problem. In this case that means that you realize that you have a problem following false traditions. This is called repentance in the bible. It means that you admit that you were wrong and you start a new direction in your life - this is called being born again.

You can't do it on your own, as Jesus said "with man it is impossible but with God all things are possible".
Members of the Unbelievers Anonymous fellowship realize that they need to reach out to something bigger than themselves in order to overcome their addiction. And for those who have lived that false tradition it is precisely an addiction, because it become entrenched in one's perspective and habits. It is a constant and gradual process of redemption, which is called conquering.

But that is the story from one side. From the other side the process is one of self-realization, where we learn our original identity. So when we call ourselves addicts it is not a term of degradation but just a name to signify that we have not yet attained our final goal and are still reaching higher. The throne belongs to us, and we are walking the way that takes us to our home.

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 4/3/2005 12:14:45 PM

Seen, I can feel that...

I see the similarities, but also see ones who come to offer knowledge to those looking.

Forsake not the congregations..... The community of Ras is needed, as there is strength in numbers. To some of us, including I, this forum site is the closest we can find to Rasta community.

Nuf Respect, brotherman

Selassie I

1 - 2

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I