Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=747&start_row=11

garvey against sellassie

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 4/9/2005 5:17:58 AM

Yes true Reasonings that!

By the way Bro Alex, I am sorry that I wasn't able to contact you earlier, just wanna thank you for the CD, much Raspect, sounds great Iyah!

Selah

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 4/9/2005 6:07:26 AM

thank you for helping me to Iverstand this !

- - - - - - -

thank you.
which is your favourite track, NyahAnbesa ?

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 4/9/2005 8:44:23 AM

Ises

Actually I like all of them. It depends on the mood, there is a song for every mood. Right now my favourite is 9:Preludio...but I like all of them... long time I searched for a CD with good riddims without lyrics... Give Thanks Iyah!

Selah

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 4/10/2005 10:54:56 AM

there will be a new CD at the end of this year I guess. dunno how long it's gonna take me for I next LP. but this next LP will be more into the direction of funk, a little bit of jazz, but there will always be some nice dub and reggae tracks I'm working on now, as time allows it. and there will be more songs like Preludio, based only on fingerstyle guitar. but still I don't know how to make it available to public.

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 4/10/2005 12:40:58 PM

Good to hear Iyah!

Selah

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 4/10/2005 6:08:31 PM

Greetings

This is only my two cents...

First, Garvey wasn't Rasta, as a matter of fact, he detested Rastas as dirty and addicted to ganja.

Second, Garvey, as far as I know, did not retract his words about HIM.

Third, why is every thing one person says taken as Truth? Garvey also gave advice on how to cheat on one's wife (out of town to avoid the gossip)...so does that make him correct all the time?

Fourth, and pertaing to my thrid point, does it really matter? I think there is too much putting people on pedastools...neglecting the humanity of these great people, including HIM Haile Selassie I. Are these things making us nicer and better people?

Me thinks there is too much religiousity happening within Rastafari at this time, especially here on the internet.

Burn fiyah if you must, but again, this is only my two cents.

Blessings
JAH LOVE

Jeff

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 4/11/2005 8:35:27 AM

"Me thinks there is too much religiousity happening within Rastafari at this time..."

how you mean that ?

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 4/11/2005 9:05:38 AM

me Iverstand exactly what Jeff is saying

and true points, H.I.M. wasn't rasta just as Yashuah (Jesus) wasn't a christian

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/11/2005 1:23:15 PM

A fig isn't a tree, a tree isn't a fig, but togetherthey work to make one life. Grass isn't dirt, dirt isn't grass, but togehter they make the landscape. Two opposites can make a whole. While I am a follower of Rastafari, Haile Selassie I Jah Rastafari, true and living God, I also feel a need to recognize the humanity of HIM. Just as the EOC and others have decieded to focus on the humanity of Jesus.

Marcus doesn't have to be 100% right. How can we expect that? He is a human and can't always be right, just like Marley, and Hinds, Hibbert and others. But if you look at the fruit of these people, you would find that they haver similarites, such as, truthfulness, passion, wanting to free black people, one love... all of these things are common between each of these men. They are all moved by the same spirit. The message is mystical, look beyond reason, and look at the whole situation.

Ras Zion I

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I