Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7469&start_row=11

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 12/24/2020 12:33:21 PM

Someone who dont have any spirit will tell no difference however, before and after crucifixion.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 12/24/2020 12:51:44 PM

I was a lousy drunk but hey, I had the revolver on semi automatic 🔥; fire,but when I come out a jail it revealed to I that I Christ never indulge in strong liquor in another life.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 12/24/2020 9:57:48 PM

See nuff people already have the chip in a them forehead, so the other chip which come inna right arm a go so like this. I Christ could a sit at the right hand of the almighty God. I and I heavenly father. And them say the strength of a man is in his right arm. Vaccination is a cowardly attack on the spirituality of humankind (which is his life's source and salvation) and I would say, they ( The Alien 👽;;; them ) are only but cowards hiding behind honorary titles and expensive entourage.

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 3/31/2021 5:03:46 PM

what is the proof in growing dreads increasing your spiritual power?
i think this is rubbish.
Selassie didnt have dreads as his reign of emperor and king.
yet he was crowned defender of faith,
and the Highest above us in spiritual realm.
King of Kings.
Lord of lords
Conquering Lion of Judah.

THe nazarite vow is not just Not shaving. it has more rules.

but just growing dreads and smoking ganja does not make the i more spiritual.
it has to be something deeper within the i soul and heart,
a pure connection with god.
bless

Messenger: King Jam Sent: 3/31/2021 6:07:06 PM

spiritual is not material/

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 5/5/2021 11:05:35 AM

@ King Jam

What you said is very true, but I have a few things to add.

Many of the things we do that are "religious" are tools. Meditation is a tool. Smoking the herb is therefore using a tool. For what?

To get your mind into a more meditative state from which you can gain more insight, revelation, etc. You can get into this state without any tools and many people do. You can also get in this state depending on how you sleep. Some people stop using the tool because they see it as a crutch to them being able to go in and out of this state at will.

However, many people mostly smoke out of habit and out of comfort and to help with pain management, tension, and stress. There's nothing spiritual about these things. Their value is mostly physical. It is simply that the physical/literal often gets in the way of the spiritual. So being able to quiet the body helps with the mind.

Many religious practices simply reinforce an idea. Many people need help with these ideas and so the reinforcement helps them. But this too is a tool; no different from the teacher giving you homework at school so you can keep practicing so that your brain is more easily able to apply that principle. Reinforcement is also about memory. That's why the bible says "Remember the sabbath day to keep it holy" Repitition clearly enables better memory retention like repeated weight lifting helps build your muscles. But is it spiritual in and of itself? No.

Religions cannot make people spiritual. They can only create a path that increases the conditions in which spirituality can develop. And when a person does graduate into the spiritual they may naturally not see a need to continue the religious practices that may or may not have helped to get them there. I could say more but when it comes to spirituality it is a personal journey and what one says can become a stumbling block for others.

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I