Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=745&start_row=11

The questions they ask

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 5/19/2005 9:49:50 AM

Very powerful Gideon, bless you for having a righteous head on your shoulder's. I agree with your speeches inways, but I believe that we should all live in the way of usch people as the Native Americans, & the unmodernized Africans in living off the land. We have done great things with mondernization but the worst thing is letting the governments dillute our thoughts with evil way of modernization, such as nuclear power & accepting it. I believe the creators of nuclear power our destroying the earth and will be punished severly in the Kingdom of God. They know these things destroy earth but continue to progress with it. Sorry for getting off the subject, but I do not nessecarily believe we should be completely spiritual because it is but a thought, but it should be believed that we all have a spirit, as does the animals & the earth itself. When you look into the eye's of a hurt animal you can feel its emotion because of its spirit. I thank thee for this reasoning.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: gideon Sent: 5/23/2005 1:46:55 PM

Give an ignorant person small power and they will create small mischief. Give them great power and they will create great mischief. Give them no power and they will create no mischief.
Actually it is I and I who cause these problems as Sizzla say, because all power stems from the people. When Bush creates so much mischief we have to understand that he is acting in his capacity as President. This office of President is an office created or established by the will of the people, including Americans and non-Americans. I say non-Americans because if all non-Americans campaigned sensibly then there is no way this bullshit would happen in America.
As always, wickedness in the land is due to the silence of the voice of justice and the inaction of those who should have known better. We must rise up and take our inheritance and not wait for the right circumstances to present themselves.
In Ecclesiastes that teacher says that those who wait for the perfect time will never get anything done. In the garden of Eden, although it was paradise, still the people there had to do something to get their inheritance and it did not come to them by just sitting down. That is why Jah said to them, "rise, take and eat."
As it was from the beginning so it is now. We must understand the forces at work in creation and take up the reigns for the sake of procuring what is ours by right.
An eye for an eye. An ignorant person has the right to experiment with foolish notions in his search for truth. But when the results of his tests are harmful to others they have the right to place certain limitations of the actions of the ignorant person.....
This is a whole vibes that I and I need to sight up and then I and I can reason together. The main point is that as a people the African nation, through organisation and leadership as well as through individual actions, must take positive and practical steps toward physical emancipation and recognition as a free nation. All the other nations do this by force of arms and other means and we deserve to do the same.

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 5/23/2005 4:41:16 PM

Greetings gideon,
You have said in another post:
"Peace is the way. Do not look for conflict"

Yet in this post you say:
"people of the African nation, through organisation and leadership as well as through individual actions, must take positive and practical steps toward physical emancipation and recognition as a free nation. All the other nations do this by force of arms and other means and we deserve to do the same."

I am confused. Because I see the fight for freedom through force of arms as absolute conflict. I do not say I disagree with either of these quotes, I do say that peace and force of arms are two different and opposite ways of achieving freedom.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 5/23/2005 9:46:12 PM

to Gideon:

when you say Afrikan nation, do you mean to regard the continent of Afrika as a nation (it consist of many nations)

Back during the Old Testament, the Israelites were one nation and the Egyptians were one nation, so there has always been more than one nation on the continent of Afrika

Please help to clarify what you mean, as my knowledge of this concept is limited to vast research with limited processing of acquired knowledge

Or are you speaking of Jah's people as one nation

RSK

Messenger: gideon Sent: 5/25/2005 2:52:37 PM

yes I.

By African nation I mean the kingdom of Jah, rastafari, Haile Selassie I.

To respond to the confusion about force of arms and peace:

Sin means error of thinking or perception. As Paul says in Romans 7 and 8, it is sin within a person that uses God's just law to condemn him. But by faith in christ we can overcome this condemnation by trusting that we are guided by the holy spirit.

To break it down, when you know you are serving Jah and not mammon or flesh, then you cannot fall to the condemnation of the accuser. You are justified by faith and not because you are able to look at the works you perform and justify yourself by judging your works according to the law.

So get back to violence. When we serve Jah kingdom it becomes expedient to destroy the power and the actions of the workers of injury who would foight against that progress. For example a man on a killing spree should be stopped by the fastest means possible even if it means killing him. In a perfect world it would be wrong to kill him but this is not a perfect world and you are not perfect (in perception). So in this case it is good to kill him. It is also peace-promoting and peaceful to kill him. It is a spiritual thing.

We cannot judge a person's actions and then say he deserves to die. But we can judge the situation and follow the guidance of the spirit, which may or may not lead us to destroy that physical life.
In that case we are justified by faith and not because we can show our works to be right.

Paul would say, killing is a sin, but it is the sin of his flesh and not really his sin, since he was doing what he didn't want to do - Romans 7:20. When he talks about flesh in this way he does not mean his spiritual flesh, because he didn't know about the revealed christ. He was talking about the illusion of flesh, which we call Pope Paul.
It seems like a sin to kill someone, but it is not. It is the Pope convicting us according to roman law. When we live by faith and not sight we see through that illusion and are empowered to fight for our rights.
Please note, I am not saying that the world is not perfect, I am saying that we do not live in a perfect world, due to suffering from illusion.

I don't mean to always come back to this point, but when you see a contradiction it is because you are forgetting this point. And I am sure that many on this site never really site up this scripture in this practical way.

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 5/25/2005 5:02:48 PM

Killing? A spiritual thing?
This same line of thinking has been used to kill millions in genocides throughout history by people who claim to see things through the holy spirit and are justifiable through faith.

Look at the Crusades. Look up Manifest Destiny. The holocaust. The Hutu-Tutsi slaughters.

"So get back to violence. When we serve Jah kingdom it becomes expedient to destroy the power and the actions of the workers of injury who would foight against that progress."

The line between the workers of injury and the plain ordinary people can get real blurred sometimes, especially when manipulated by the power hungry.

Do you feel you have the right to kill someone gideon? Are you so spiritually aware that you can judge a persons life? Are you a prophet?

I am not any of these things. I am an ordinary man who seeks modesty and humble standing, for none shall enter the kingdom of JAH but the pure of heart. I know I am still a long ways from that. JAH bless the ones that are truly that pure. JAH forgive I if I break any of his commandments.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 5/28/2005 2:16:05 PM

Pastor Dupontis on TBN is a great teacher and very knowledgeable. He said the other day that God cannot bless you with something when your mouth speaks against it. When you say that you are not a prophet then you are cutting off some blessing. Big up to you for your choice because you have your reasons and Jah has his reasons, and there is a time for everything. But I encourage you to seek the word that I and I are prophets, priests and kings.
The way I see it is that any I who see and overstand I and I is a pure of heart, because only the pure of heart can know I.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/1/2005 12:19:16 AM

Gideon,

If you like Pastor Dupontis' words that you posted, then apply them to your life in other ways as well.

I posted the reasoning below a while ago. It shows what else we shouldn't speak against.

------------------------------------
For man, it is impossible to be perfect, but for Jah, nothing is impossible. So if I and I have faith in Jah, Jah will make I and I ways perfect. It is true that everyone falls short of the glory of Jah, if I and I look around, I and I can see that this is true. But this is the state of the world now and in the past, it is not a limit for I and I in the future, or even right now if I and I faith is strong enough. I and I can be perfect in Jah way, I and I just have to listen to Jah. Why does the I think that Christ said "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

He didn't tell I and I to be perfect because it is impossible, but he told I and I to be so because it is truly possible. Here are some examples of scripture of Christ that tell I and I to be so:

Perfect Livity

And to I, the word try contains too much doubt. I don't try, but I do. And if I don't do now, I will blaze more fire, until I ways are made straight. If a man has faith that his ways will never be perfect, then this is truth, it is impossible for this man to be perfect, because he says so. But if a man has faith in Jah, that his ways will be perfect, then this is truth, and he will become perfect, because this is his faith. I can't say I am perfect right now, because my mind is still not completely One with Jah, so I my thoughts are not perfect. But I will never say that it is impossible, because I know that if I do, then I will make it truth and I will die in sin. And no sin shall not enter into Zion.

Look at the power of faith. Some people had faith that they would be healed if Christ touched them, and they were healed. Christ showed them that "your faith has healed you". Some people had faith that they would be healed if they only touched the clothes of Christ, and they were healed. And one man had faith that Christ could heal his servant from across the city, without even seeing the servant, and the servant was healed. Christ said of this man:

Luke 7
9 When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

With faith all things are possible, it is only through lack of faith that I and I limit ourself.

And I don't see Babylon dealing with perfection at all, they deal with wickedness. Babylon teaches that all we have to do is ask forgiveness, and we are free from sin, and accepted by Jah. But I and I must repent, and repent is not about asking for forgiveness, repent is about turning away from sin, to live a different way. This is the meaning of the word repent.

Link:
Livity
------------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: gideon Sent: 6/2/2005 4:21:19 PM

Well I need to see more glory. So definitely I need to apply those words more and more in my life. I need more knowledge, because I have the faith but I don't know the way.
I mean, I know the way in theory but I get confused easily in practical situations. It is because I have a long history of leaning on folly so I have bad habits of thinking clouding my perceptions in practical situations.
But I will never call myself less than perfect, except if you call it imperfect when you don't know your way around. If that's what you mean then definitely I am incredibly imperfect, actually I am functionally blind it seems.
But I myself am perfect and always have been. I will never hear anything that tries to degrade me in any way.
What's more is that even though I don't know where I am going I know that I am on the right path, because my father guides my footsteps even when I don't know what I'm doing. Even though I am lost I am not ever lost.
All that I need is to see more and more through the mist of lies, to see the true fulness of glory. It's not a fault of mine that confuses my senses, it is just that I am lost. Perfect and confused.

Messenger: IRIE LION Sent: 6/3/2005 1:21:42 PM

I THINK I HAVE ALREADY SAID THIS, BUT IT IS THIS SIMPLE,

THE PEOPLE HAVE FALLEN IN CONFUSION. FOR THEY DESTROY THEMSELVES WITH THEIR OWN MINDS. AS THEY MAKE INVENTIONS, THEY ARE ONLY UNCOVERING DESTRUCTION. THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDER REFUSE, WILL BE THE HEAD CORNERSTONE. MAN CANNOT CREATE, FOR THERE IS NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN AS THE CREATOR HAS CREATED EVERYTHING. MAN CAN ONLY IMMITATE, AND AS THEY IMMITATE AND INVENT THEIR ONLY UNCOVERING THIER OWN DESTRUCTION. JAH MAKE EVERYTHING NATURAL. MAN MAKE EVERYTHING ARTIFICIAL. WHICH MAN CAN CREATE A LIVING TREE? WHICH MAN CAN CREATE A LIVING BREATHING CREATURE? SO IF MANS WORKS ARE NOT IN THE PATH OF JAH, SUCH AS TRYING TO MAKE NUCLEAR AND THEM THINGS ARTIFICIAL, THE DESTRUCTION THEY PUT TOGETHER WILL FALL UPON THEM. THEY DIG A PIT, THEY FALL IN IT. THE STONES THEY STACK WILL FALL UPON THEM. THE BLIND LEADERS LEAD THE BLIND AND BOTH FALL INTO THE PIT. IT IS JUST SO.

BABYLON IS LOST, THIER MINDS ARE TO LIVE ON THE MOON. DEM LOST!

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I