Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7448&start_row=1

ETHIOPIA - CIVIL WAR

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Mr Jam Sent: 11/16/2020 5:07:05 AM

Blessed Love,

Can someone please enlighten i on the reasons why there is all this blood shedding in Ethiopia right now with the government vs tigray people.

Is there any ones from Shashamane who can shed some light on the wellfare of ethiopia. bless.

Messenger: Mr Jam Sent: 11/25/2020 9:17:19 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/ethiopian-pm-rebuffs-mediation-attempts-as-tigray-deadline-nears/ar-BB1blmlW?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBoPWjQ

Ethiopian PM. An Evil man

This guy is so bloodthirsty, clearly a puppet of the western elite setup to ruin Ethiopia. While the Children scatter the devil reaps the Land/minerals.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 11/26/2020 7:29:34 AM

We pray for our beloved brothers and sisters in Ethiopia. We don't want to see more war and bloodshed.
Greetings Mr Jam, I dont have answers but I'm following the news through The Africa Report. There has been tribal conflict in Ethiopia for a long time, I'm not sure this is the current PM's fault alone because I was there in Shashemene before he was appointed and the Oromo Peoples Liberation Movement was already trying to break away from Ethiopia. They appointed Abiy because he is Oromo. It was meant to quell the violence. It only shifted the focus to a different area of conflict.
Come together JAH people, time for tribal war is ove, time for humankind to live in peace. As Haile Selassie I says "Peace demands the united efforts of us all."
Selah

Messenger: Mr Jam Sent: 11/26/2020 12:54:52 PM

i read, the tigray tribe split when the corruption came with the outing of Haile selassie. there was a pact, that the tribes came together under the emperor, and if corruption took the throne, the tribes were allowed to split.

Messenger: Mr Jam Sent: 11/26/2020 12:54:54 PM

i read, the tigray tribe split when the corruption came with the outing of Haile selassie. there was a pact, that the tribes came together under the emperor, and if corruption took the throne, the tribes were allowed to split.

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 11/27/2020 8:42:26 AM

Whether it His Majesty, His predecessors, Mengistu, Meles, or Abiy, they all ran the Ethiopian federal government with the goal of maintaining unification of all Ethiopian states. Ethiopia is divided into ten states, and each of them is ethnically controlled, with their own governments that oversee their specific state. The states, or tribes, have fought with each other for centuries, and what is playing out now is no different from the issues of the past. Be it Abiy or His Majesty, the federal government's responsibility is toward the unification of the nation. If a state was allowed to secede it fractures the country, and gives other states the idea that they too could have their own country devoted to their own ethnic identity. The states claim to have offended each other through petty squabbles and border disputes, however, the real enemy in all of theses conflicts is pride and poverty.

I don't think that Abiy or the Tigrays ever imagined that the other side would be willing to allow the conflict to escalate to its current level. What is happening is extremely sad. Abiy feels his hand is forced, and the Tigrays thought they would get away with taking jabs at the federal government. What could a peaceful solution be at this time?

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 11/28/2020 6:59:18 PM

Thankhs to SunofMan for the insights

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I