Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=743&start_row=1

Question about Haile Selassie

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/1/2005 2:48:00 AM

My mother sent me an e-mail about her stand point on Haile Selassie being the returned messiah. The I's should read it and write what you think.

Rev 1: 5-8 Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the first-born of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood 6 and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, every one who pierced him; and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen. 8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.

Above: Rev 1:5 describes Jesus as the ruler of kings on earth – Haile Selassie, while respected by other Kings and rulers, was the ruler of only one kingdom. This verse goes on to say that through Jesus’ blood, we were freed from sin and made into a kingdom of priests to his God and Father, and that glory and dominion will be His (Jesus’ is implied from the word order and punctuation here) forever. The dominion and glory of Haile Selassie was great while he reigned, but his reign was not eternal in that his own nation asked him to step down as they turned completely away from God. Had he been the returned Messiah, all would have seen him and all tribes of the earth would have wailed on account of him. His people, who are his kingdom, would have been established for all time in Ethiopia and around the world, as also foretold in Rev 5:10-11 below.

Rev 1: 12-15 Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden girdle round his breast; 14 his head and his hair were white as white wool, white as snow; his eyes were like a flame of fire, 15 his feet were like burnished bronze, refined as in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of many waters; 16 in his right hand he held seven stars, from his mouth issued a sharp two-edged sword, and his face was like the sun shining in full strength. 17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, "Fear not, I am the first and the last, 18 and the living one; I died, and behold I am alive for evermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.

Rev 5: 10-11 "Worthy art thou to take the scroll and to open its seals, for thou wast slain and by thy blood didst ransom men for God from every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 and hast made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on earth." 11

In Rev 1: 17 and 18 above the one like a son of man claimed to be the first and the last, the living one who died but is now alive for evermore. Rev 5:10-11, again states that the work Christ fulfilled on the cross would ransom men for God from every tribe and tongue and people and nation, not just one nation. I realize that the death of Haile Selassie leaves unanswered questions, however, if he had been, in fact, the second coming of Christ, he would have been fully divine, lived forevermore, and reigned with his people on earth, rather than having been asked to step down from the throne and ultimately disappear. While this God loving, Christ centered Man continues to live on in the hearts of those who love him, he does not now reign with his people on earth today. However, he clearly believed in and built his life upon the words of scripture that promised the day that Christ would reign again.

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/1/2005 7:38:56 AM

Him said all these things, the people did not hear.Christ is writen as a ghoste that come from the dead.JAH is writen as something,that has all power, but can't not be seen.And power only comes throw christ.we need to Brun that way that make man move apart from JAH.JAH is everywhere, christ is in man.INI KNOW"S JAH is that father creator, as his kingdom is everywhere.And INI are christ in this time.for those that see let them see.

onelove

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/5/2005 1:48:11 AM

Dreadnut, your mother said:
----------------------
he does not now reign with his people on earth today.
----------------------

Tell her that Haile Selassie I does indeed reign with his people. His people call themselves by His Name. Jah RasTafarI.

Your mother also said:
--------------------
if he had been, in fact, the second coming of Christ, he would have been fully divine, lived forevermore, and reigned with his people on earth, rather than having been asked to step down from the throne and ultimately disappear.
--------------------

But your mother also said herself that
------------------
...Rev 1:5 describes Jesus as the ruler of kings on earth – Haile Selassie, while respected by other Kings and rulers, was the ruler of only one kingdom.
------------------

Your mother said that Jah is the ruler of kings and not just one nation. But then she says that if Selassie I is Christ, then he would have reigned with his people(Ethiopians) on earth.

Tell her that Selassie I does indeed reign with His people in Earth.

Another thing your mother said:
------------------------
His people, who are his kingdom, would have been established for all time in Ethiopia and around the world, as also foretold
------------------------

I and I are established in Ethiopia and around the world. I and I are fighting the battle of armageddion, as was foretold.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/5/2005 9:13:24 AM

more truth

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/5/2005 3:31:56 PM

Well I thank you Ark, because my mother is on a search through her own spirituality and she is earnestly seeking info, she isn't trying to prove rasta wrong or deny Selassie divinity but she has some questions. The other thing that she asked me was that

"The bible says that EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW, EVERY TONGUE SHALL CONFESS."

She says that it didn't happen, I know that many did bow, but not all have bowed, not all have confessed.

Thank you bredren

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/5/2005 3:56:57 PM

I wanted to thank you for your answer Ark I, I realize that you have been on this trod for sometime now and must be tired of trying to prove the divinity of His Majesty, but my mother is asking these questions with an open and honest heart, and has nothing but the best in mind. I want to get the responses from other Ras's. Again I appreciate every thought.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Kike_Roots Sent: 4/5/2005 6:05:01 PM

Dreadnut:
Your mother said:
that his own nation asked him to step down as they turned away from God.

InI say:
Jesus was turned down from his own disciples so we see the similarity.

Peace

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/6/2005 4:45:18 PM

Ask your mother to check out these reasonings:

ONE

Ocean

Who is RasTafarI

Selassie I is a man that is One with Jah

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List