Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7395&start_row=41

Creationism vs Evolution

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 49
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Cedric Sent: 3/18/2022 11:57:48 AM

MELCHEZIDEK, why do you say InI should go against HIM Haile Selassie I and not work together despite InI small ideological defferences?

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/18/2022 2:46:29 PM

Cedric, when did I say that?

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 3/18/2022 5:39:39 PM

Let me clue you in on something.

The writer of Genesis wasn't even quoting YHWH all throughout Genesis 1. The writer uses 3rd person omniscient which indicates this was a story in which God is a character. If God was having a dialogue in which he purported to teach scientific facts about the earth's creation, it would have been written that way.

Instead, this is called a creation myth. It is one of many creation myths born out of Africa. Most of them have similarities. All of the ones I am aware of are written in the same style, 3rd person omniscient.

These creation myths are allegorical in nature. The writer isn't a scientist and isn't claiming to be an expert. They are simply writing what they believed happened in the order in which it could only be possible. Animals that eat plants cannot exist before plants; etc.

However, this was simplistic logic that included logical fallacies. One could assume that some plant life preceded animals but it would be a fallacy to assume that ALL plant life preceded ALL animals. That's not how nature works. We can also compare animals in different species and see how they have evolved, matching this with skeletal remains.

But it's not surprising that an agent, like you, would try to tend a garden of black thought, reinforcing the same lies and ignorance of those who came before, positioning themselves to teach us the bible for the purpose of interpreting it for us, their way, and keeping us ignorant and causing us to turn our backs against science. Seriously? How are you posting this if "science is not fact"? Computers and the internet are all based on scientific truth. The science builds on its own building blocks. As it discovers new things, it's also willing to update anything it thought was true before. But even as if discovers new things, MOST OF WHAT IT HAS LEARNED is simply confirmed and verified over and over and over again.

It is part of science (which means knowledge) that when we test and conduct experiments we should get the same results. When you do this as an intellectual process you get better and better at testing, which means you get better and better at verifying the results.

You claim that Cedric is cutting up the bible, but you only say this because your intention is to damage his credibility by using the credibility of the bible. And yet most people, even though they read the bible, only believe it has credibility because of the HUMANS that present it as LITERAL truth.

The bible is not LITERAL truth. Cut me all you like. It doesn't change the reality that I have read the bible in comparison to external evidence and I understand what it is and what it was intended to be. You may believe it is literal truth, but I doubt it. If you did believe it you would cut yourself because you would know that it says "lying lips are an abomination" and you would also know all of the bible's choice words against false witnesses.

There is NO REASON, in 2022, while Christians wait forever for Jesus to return, to continue reading the bible in darkness; without logic or reason.

The earth is millions of years old. The human race is thousands of years old. Other species are even older. Microbial life on this planet has been verified to be at least 3.5 billion years old which agrees with the theory of evolution. Moreover, evolution has been proven in a lab more than once, being seen in bacteria. You can literally google this stuff, but agents of our destruction do not want us to do that because they want us to be left behind while their science and technology continue to advance without us.

But there is no bible verse you can quote that can refute scientific discoveries we have seen with our own eyes.

Rapid Evolution

The Longest-Running Evolution Experiment

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/19/2022 4:24:07 AMHidden
View Message  Reply

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 3/24/2022 4:12:12 PM

What exactly do you know about Haile Selassie I?

Let me clue you in.

This is something SPIRITUAL. I can show you things in the bible that must be understood spiritually. I've been dealing with people like you my whole life; people who take everything literally and then use it as a sword to judge everyone and everything.

Whenever the Bible is taken literally to the extent you are attempting to use it, this is often a sign of youth or a lack of wisdom that comes with more age and experience. A lot of people don't fully read the bible so they don't understand the purposes for which it was written. I consider Rastafarians to be highly enlightened because there is far less emphasis on the literal word vs using the symbolism to uplift, unite, and empower black liberation.

Black liberation must be mental and spiritual. It cannot simply be physical. The chains that still bind and hold us back are not physical and therefore a lot of European misunderstand us and think we are using victim mentality. However, racism and white supremacy use tools that are hidden from the public view; things that must be rooted out of the system like pulling weeds. When you allow those weeds to grow they multiply and the more of them there are the more they take over and kill any hope of progress. Moderate whites are purposefully shielded so they cannot see these things that more extreme racists know they would disagree with and would fight against the more they were aware.

So back to Haile Selassie I.

Like Yeshua ha Mashiach (Jesus the Christ), Haile Selassie I was more than a man. He was a symbol. And much like JC, many accused Selassie of being God or some godlike embodiment. But like David, Selassie, being a king, being titled King of Kings, added to his legend. But David and other kings were called "elohim (plural)", the same Hebrew word used for God (El-singular). Confusion, on this issue, amongst Christians, led to the false doctrine of the Trinity. The Trinity actually dates back to the ancient deification of the family unit: father, mother, and son. Catholicism blended paganism and Judaism together which is why they deified Miriam (Mary) to take this position in the 'godhead'.

Jesus was not God. He never claimed to be God. But people had such admiration for him that they promoted him to this level, posthumously. And this is, in part, due to cultural confusion between religion vs government because kings and judges were called by the same word because that word "el" means power; so they were confused because it related to the authority of the king. According to NT writers, this is what Yeshua was claiming to be; the next (future) king of Yisrael... NOT GOD.

Of course Christians have turned the story of the bible into mashed potatoes. Why? Because they do not care about God or Jesus. They want to be rich and live forever. This is why they created capitalism, racism, and brought so many slaves to their "new world"; a world that they were merely ignorant of. They took messiah to mean some kind of "savior" when in reality it is the word used for Hebrew kings. But Yeshua was never crowned king, never became king.

This is where Rastafari comes in. Rasta understands the difference between religion vs nationality when it comes to biblical understanding. So Rasta sees Haile Selassie ascending to the literal throne and recognizing that as the throne of David. So it is a fulfillment of a messianic prophecy in that sense; in a way that Yeshua never actually accomplished. And then from that throne, H.I.M defended the kingdom against the colonial powers of white supremacy.

But this also respects history and reality. If you're looking for Rastafari to come on the clouds then you are mistaken and caught up in literal artistry. Haile Selassie was not in agreement with this. He was literally a Christian because that is how he was raised. Yeshua was a Jewish rabbi because that is how he was raised. Judaism, included in its foundation, slavery as a matter of law; allowing people to beat their slaves because it considered that person property/money.

The fact is that this did not come from any god. This came from man. At the same time, religion has often been complex for black people because we often had to hide our own culture and beliefs inside the religion we were forced to have. And to a large extent, the religion we are forced to have is passed down by lineage. Do you think Israelites under Moses were allowed to have Zoroastrian beliefs? If they did, they had to hide their beliefs so that they weren't stoned to death.

And this is what you're attempting to do to me. You, without truly understanding Rastafari, are hoping to cast stones in a way that others will join you. It's clever. But it's been done before. It was by law that Israelites were forced to stone even their own friends and family if they were found guilty. But they could also be found guilty based on false witnesses. And the law said that if a witness was proven false then they would get the same punishment they were trying to put on the person they were falsely accusing. Why? Because people were lying with murderous intent and using others to actually perform the act and get away with it. This is a much more sinister and devious crime than the one the community thought they were prosecuting.

Yeshua put a stop to this particular ritual in one case and almost got stoned himself for the same reason in at least 2 other cases because this was a part of a manmade system that could be exploited. He said he who is without sin cast the first stone. Clearly, you borrow the appearance and pretense of a rastaman, but is that what you really are? No. So instead of having any righteousness to judge me, you are simply cowering behind this community, hoping on the off chance they will murder my character on your behalf. You esteem yourself so highly but you are so transparent. It's no secret that many Rastafarians disagree how much or little of the bible, of even Rastafari himself, to take literally. However, it is the SPIRIT of Rastafari that unites this community. You can try to divide us and make us attack each other, but this isn't new to Rastafari. Rastafari itself isn't dogmatic. Some groups may choose to be but people have a choice to follow those groups or not. Everyone's path is their own.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 3/24/2022 4:23:59 PMHidden
View Message  Reply

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/25/2022 1:23:59 AM

Not knowing about the creation of heaven and earth is not knowing Rasta. Rasta created the heaven and the earth in six days. The seventh day rasta rest from all his creation. This is the week. In six literal days did Jah create the heavens and the earth and the seventh day he rested. Holy Immanuel Selassie I the 77 Righteous. Rasta is the literal true Elect of God and the Bible should be respected as the literal truth as the Emperor is literally true. Blessed

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/25/2022 10:06:41 AM

IPXninja, sorry but you are wrong again. When will you learn? Can't you count? You said millions of years. Jah created the heavens and the earth in six days and the seventh day he rested from all his works. See, in Rasta we know that Jah is the Creator. We know about the creation. Go out more and smoke some herb to get your energy right. You seem to have stressed out work? Why do you everytime be bothered? So you don't take the Bible as the literal truth? So you don't take the Emperor as being true? So you don't take the lion of Judah to be true? So you don't take the Emperor Haile Selassie I as the true God? So you don't take Rasta to be the literal truth? So you don't take the Creator as the truth? So you see how you mock Rasta?
And this is said to you by a real rastaman. You don't know me. So don't say what I am and what I am not. Please get your facts straight before you speak of someone else. Irie

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 3/25/2022 10:17:49 AM

Okay IPXninja, you said the first part well. But don't say stuff I and I is not. I am going to smoke some herb now. I have been busy whole week so I won't have time to give you a detailed answer just yet. But I get what you're saying. Sorry for destroying your character. But please, don't destroy I and I character in Rastafari. Sorry there IPXninja. You must speak more on Biblical things, then I and I can find more reason in our messages. Blessed love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 49

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I